Civil Court rules against PM, says he exceeded his constitutional authority

Thaiger

1 minute ago, Bluesofa said:

I'm off on one of my side-tracks again, sorry!

I find when I'm even having a conversation in Thai, with someone I don't know, I will be asked the same question, but not clearly (to a ferang mind!) even though I know what they're getting at.

As 'stay' and 'live' are quite often used as the same word, I get asked  คุณอยู่ที่ไหน - where do you live/stay?
I always reply with the name of the village near Udon where I've lived for years.

So often it moves on to  คุณอยู่ประเทศอะไร - which country do you live/stay?
The answer to that is going to be Thailand, as that's where I live.

Then they realise and ask  คุณมาจากประเทศอะไร - which country do you come from?
Then they'll find out I'm from England.

Yes, I'm being a smart-arse and pedantic, but it does go to show that a there are a lot of people who don't ask clear questions. Even Thais talking to each other:

Sometimes my wife and her mother talk on the phone and are not clear.
Recently the in-laws were having trouble with a water pump for draining a fish-breeding pond. I honestly can't remember what the part was, but over the phone M-I-L told my wife to go into town and ask for whatever item the required spare water pump part was.
Wife did that, came back with the replacement, only to be berated for buying the wrong one. Only then did M-I-L explain clearly what type of part they wanted.
Fortunately my wife managed to swap the 'wrong part' for the 'right part' at the shop, as it hadn't been used and she bought it only half an hour earlier.

You are spot on there. I often have a game with my wife ( no I'm not talking about her in the mini nurse's uniform) and when she say something to me I take it as literally as she said it and then suggest to her "is this what you mean". Of course it wasn't and I knew that so I always explain to her that you have to say exactly what it is you meant. Don't worry she get's her own back later.

2 hours ago, GuyIncognito said:

I would love to slap that smug look off his face

I've got a baseball bat if you're looking for something?

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, gummy said:

You are spot on there. I often have a game with my wife ( no I'm not talking about her in the mini nurse's uniform) and when she say something to me I take it as literally as she said it and then suggest to her "is this what you mean". Of course it wasn't and I knew that so I always explain to her that you have to say exactly what it is you meant. Don't worry she get's her own back later.

That reminds of me the film The Last Emperor. In that true story Reginald Johnston, served as the tutor and advisor to Puyi, the last Emperor of China.
One quote I remember was something like, "If you cannot say what you mean, your majesty, you will never mean what you say and a gentleman should always mean what he says."

2 hours ago, gummy said:

'Don't worry she get's her own back later.'    Does she use the rod you've made for your own back?

• Haha 2

18 minutes ago, Dedinbed said:
3 hours ago, Bluesofa said:

As 'stay' and 'live' are quite often used

in the Beegee's hit Staying Alive .? 

Will our illustrious leader now claim to have penned that BeeGees one while he was on the loo?

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Bluesofa said:

Will our illustrious leader now claim to have penned that BeeGees one while he was on the loo?

That'd be taking the p*ss ..

and can you see him hitting those high falsetto notes .. 

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, Dedinbed said:

A cracking bit of word-play there, given the nature of whatever else comes from his mouth. I like that!

Edited by King Cotton
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I'm not sure about high falsetto notes, probably more believable if  it were fellatio for his master ?

29 minutes ago, Dedinbed said:

'falsetto' notes  Is that part of it going from Pre-op to Post-op sex change?

• Haha 3

5 minutes ago, Bluesofa said:

'falsetto' notes  Is that part of it going from Pre-op to Post-op sex change?

Only if your wearing heels ..

and bows ..

IMG_20210807_075801.jpg

• Like 1

Actually, he violated citizens' constitutional rights and should be criminally charged for doing so. Politicians need to be reeled in everywhere in the world for abusing their power and violating peoples' constitutional rights. Immunity has to be a thing of the past.

20 hours ago, Bluesofa said:

I'm off on one of my side-tracks again, sorry!

I find when I'm even having a conversation in Thai, with someone I don't know, I will be asked the same question, but not clearly (to a ferang mind!) even though I know what they're getting at.

As 'stay' and 'live' are quite often used as the same word, I get asked  คุณอยู่ที่ไหน - where do you live/stay?
I always reply with the name of the village near Udon where I've lived for years.

So often it moves on to  คุณอยู่ประเทศอะไร - which country do you live/stay?
The answer to that is going to be Thailand, as that's where I live.

Then they realise and ask  คุณมาจากประเทศอะไร - which country do you come from?
Then they'll find out I'm from England.

Yes, I'm being a smart-arse and pedantic, but it does go to show that a there are a lot of people who don't ask clear questions. Even Thais talking to each other:

Sometimes my wife and her mother talk on the phone and are not clear.
Recently the in-laws were having trouble with a water pump for draining a fish-breeding pond. I honestly can't remember what the part was, but over the phone M-I-L told my wife to go into town and ask for whatever item the required spare water pump part was.
Wife did that, came back with the replacement, only to be berated for buying the wrong one. Only then did M-I-L explain clearly what type of part they wanted.
Fortunately my wife managed to swap the 'wrong part' for the 'right part' at the shop, as it hadn't been used and she bought it only half an hour earlier.

I do the same thing as Im exhausted by this.. being the usual 4 in daily chats with thais

1 Where u from------Now I say Mogadishu...

2 How long I stay LOS    --I say I just arrived(sucker) -even tho Ive been here since 2008

3 Do i speak thai-     -I say Mai Chai(thai) and smile

4 Do I have thai gf    -Depends on how cute they are

They all just feel like Qs that are a way for thais to size me up and decide how to treat me...