Former local school official in Chon Buri found dead, neck slashed

Thaiger

A former deputy school director was found nearly decapitated outside her home in Chon Buri’s Panat Nikhom district. Officers say the 61 year old Jantanee Santitammakorn was dead when emergency responders arrived. Her neck had been slashed several times and there was heavy bleeding. Her husband told police that he had been out running errands and had tried to call his wife, but she didn’t answer. She was home alone and he says she usually answers the phone. When he got home, he found his wife in the bathroom. Her neck was slashed and she was heavily bleeding, but she […]

The post Former local school official in Chon Buri found dead, neck slashed appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

7 minutes ago, D2B2 said:

The house had multiple CCTV Cameras, but all of them were broken? 

Perhaps they were just for show. I worked at a Chonburi school with a CCTV system that worked for about a week.

10 minutes ago, Craig said:

Maybe a former student who thought the “F” they got was a “hoax”.

They can't fail students in Thailand. That's a HUGE part of the problem with the Thai education system.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, HappyExpat said:

They can't fail students in Thailand. That's a HUGE part of the problem with the Thai education system.

Can they go any lower than "F" grade?

• Like 1

"The home has multiple surveillance cameras, but all of them were broken, police say."

Does this make the husband a prime suspect ?

19 minutes ago, Lowseasonlover said:

Can they go any lower than "F" grade?

They can't fail. Once a student is in a class, it would be a HUGE loss of face to be held back a grade, removed from their peer group. I worked at many schools in the largest private school system in Southeast Asia and it was the same all over. We would have to create "make up" tests or find a way to give  extra points for students who failed their midterm or final exams. I had one student who really didn't have two brain cells to rub together. He couldn't write ANY English. All his answers were in hieroglyphics. I found imaginative ways to grease him up and squeeze him through the goal posts of a passing grade. Any time I go to a dentist, I make sure they were trained in a Western style University.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, HappyExpat said:

They can't fail. Once a student is in a class, it would be a HUGE loss of face to be held back a grade, removed from their peer group. I worked at many schools in the largest private school system in Southeast Asia and it was the same all over. We would have to create "make up" tests or find a way to give  extra points for students who failed their midterm or final exams. I had one student who really didn't have two brain cells to rub together. He couldn't write ANY English. All his answers were in hieroglyphics. I found imaginative ways to grease him up and squeeze him through the goal posts of a passing grade. Any time I go to a dentist, I make sure they were trained in a Western style University.

Would you put an F grade in the school report? I'd see that as a failure 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Lowseasonlover said:

Would you put an F grade in the school report? I'd see that as a failure 

For the last time, please read these words:

You cannot fail a student in Thailand.

No record of any failure anywhere. If a student fails, it's a sign of a bad teacher, not a bad student. Hence you cannot fail a student.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HappyExpat said:

OK for you to go there but not me? I'm just giving back what I'm getting.

Yes, okay, guys . . . that debate was starting to get interesting. There's so much that needs saying about Thai educn. How about you both starting an education debate off in Thai Life/Education section? . . . now that would get some proper discussion. Just a thought.

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, King Cotton said:

Yes, okay, guys . . . that debate was starting to get interesting. There's so much that needs saying about Thai educn. How about you both starting an education debate off in Thai Life/Education section? . . . now that would get some proper discussion. Just a thought.

Now THAT'S the way moderation should go! Thank you.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, King Cotton said:

Cant be bothered rather talk about football

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, D2B2 said:

The house had multiple CCTV Cameras, but all of them were broken? 

That's as convenient as that case with Jeffrey Epstein. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, DiJoDavO said:

That's as convenient as that case with Jeffrey Epstein. 

But it is not such an unusual occurrence in Thailand either.

16 hours ago, DiJoDavO said:

That's as convenient as that case with Jeffrey Epstein

Perhaps they were serviced by the same firm that serviced the ones in the Epstein prison.  Would be particularly suspicious when the husband produces a suicide note. 

• Like 1