Body of Swiss national in Phuket identified as foreign government official

Thaiger

Officers have announced the identity of the Swiss national who was found dead in a Phuket creek as 57 year old Nicole Sauvain Weisskopf, a woman who entered Thailand last month under the new “Sandbox” reopening scheme. According to the Bangkok Post, Nicole is the assistant protocol chief of the Federal Assembly of Switzerland. Another report in Thai media says Police found a document that says she is the deputy head of protocol for Germany. Police suspect she was raped and murdered, according to the Bangkok Post. But other reports say there are no visible wounds and the body was […]

The post Body of Swiss national in Phuket identified as foreign government official appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

rip swiss lady,there a murderer on the loss,why has it taken 2/3 days to announce this sad situation,was she not reported missing in the first instances,perhaps the person had already fled the island unchallenged

So all the high ranking officials in Phuket and else where are saying they will find the person responsible quickly.. I hope this investigation doesn't end with some other Burmese wrongfully accused..

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Bobfran said:

So all the high ranking officials in Phuket and else where are saying they will find the person responsible quickly.. I hope this investigation doesn't end with some other Burmese wrongfully accused..

I think that is highly likely.

What a tragedy for the victim's family, colleagues and indeed for Switzerland.  I hope justice is attained rapidly for her family and for the safety of Phuket and Thailand.  This news is so very sad.

If she was missing from the hotel for 3 days , they could have used the Mor Chana app to track her location as she was found with her phone near by. They can still use the app to determine the time of death as the location would not have changed since the time of the crime; Assuming the application even works.

• Like 1