Government to allow private sector to import 25 million Covid-19 vaccine doses

Thaiger

PM Prayut Chan-o-cha has called on the private sector to import 20 – 25 million alternative Covid-19 vaccines, expected to arrive during the third quarter of this year. With the Delta variant now the dominant strain in the Kingdom and daily new infections topping 20,000, the government is paving the way for the private sector to import vaccines without the involvement of government agencies. Nation Thailand reports that the PM has created a working group and assigned a number of private companies to import the Sputnik V and Johnson and Johnson vaccines to provide a much-needed boost to vaccination efforts. […]

The post Government to allow private sector to import 25 million Covid-19 vaccine doses appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

If the actual number of vaccines imported were equal to the numbers of vaccine orders the government has discussed and publicized over the last few months, we would all be swimming in vaccines. Problem seems to be they constantly put out press releases that never seem to materialize into vaccines.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, D2B2 said:

If the actual number of vaccines imported were equal to the numbers of vaccine orders the government has discussed and publicized over the last few months, we would all be swimming in vaccines. Problem seems to be they constantly put out press releases that never seem to materialize into vaccines.

Thats the way it's done in Thailand

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Lowseasonlover said:

Thats the way it's done in Thailand

Bullshit baffles brains here the same as in most countries. The only difference here is that if you say it is bullshit the government will prosecute you for fake news.

Stories have circulated since January, this year, about private hospitals trying to directly purchase vaccines.

I'll believe this when it comes to fruition, and some or other authority hasn't jammed the door shut, at the last minute. Let's hear current progress from the big nationwide healthcare groups (e.g. Thonburi, Bangkok Hospital) before getting too hopeful.

If private sectors do it then that means government honchos can’t accept bribes! I mean wasn’t that the real reason the ban was put in blacks before??

Gotta keep their beaks wet

49 minutes ago, gummy said:

I'm sure we have heard that before and guess what happened ?

But now the PM has created a working group. I am sure everything will be ok now. A working group is much better than a committee.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, dimitri said:

But now the PM has created a working group. I am sure everything will be ok now. A working group is much better than a committee.

A Thai government working group, something like this perhaps ?

image.jpeg.0a86082cb571494b513b3a4aace8eac0.jpeg

50 minutes ago, gummy said:

Bullshit baffles brains here the same as in most countries. The only difference here is that if you say it is bullshit the government will prosecute you for fake news.

I think the Latin translation is something like 'Taurus Excreta Cerebra Confusii' That should keep the thought police looking confused.

• Haha 1

Only a year late. 

And the government will do their best to spin this in their favor, though it is their incompetence that has led us to this point.

• Like 1

Just now, Guevara said:

I think the Latin translation is something like 'Taurus Excreta Cerebra Confusii' That should keep the thought police looking confused.

Not to mention those few who appear to have migrated from that other forum very recently  and consider themselves to be the "Grammar Police"

1 hour ago, EdwardV said:

Didn’t the private sector propose this months ago only for the government to shoot it down? Sheesh 

One hospital in bkk advertised vaccines october last year only to be told to take down web page and replace it with a sincere apology!  Also the ceo of that hospital only just escaped jail or had the threat of jail ! 

Meanwhile, 3.9 million doses of the Moderna vaccine have been ordered through the Government Pharmaceutical Organisation – bad news for those who booked and paid for one of 9.23 million doses at private hospitals. The reduction in the number of doses ordered by the GPO means 50% of paying customers will need to be refunded.

Another day, another litany of failures and incompetence. At this point all you can do is laugh - problem is it's not funny is it, people are losing their lives and livelihoods while these clowns rearrange the deckchairs on HMS Thaitanic.

Edited by Buttaxe
  • Like 1

Can only wait and see what happens. I would hate to see some of them in the private sector attached to the you know who ordering the same China and Thai made stuff. Would not surprise me one little bit.

5 hours ago, D2B2 said:

They don't have time buying vaccines. They need all their time to put up press conferences.