Friday Covid Update: 21,379 new cases and 191 deaths

Thaiger

The number of Covid-19 infections and deaths continues to rise and hit record highs. Today, 21,379 new Covid-19 cases and 191 coronavirus-related deaths were reported by the Centre for Covid-19 Situation Administration. On Wednesday, the daily case count exceeded 20,000 and the daily fatality count hit a high of 188. There are now 212,926 active Covid-19 cases in Thailand. In the latest and most severe wave of the virus in Thailand, first recorded on April 1, the CCSA has recorded 685,821 infections. Over the past 24 hours since the last count, 22,172 Covid-19 patients have recovered and returned home. Out […]

The post Friday Covid Update: 21,379 new cases and 191 deaths appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

• Like 1

Now let's see , what was the date when the Covid Czar stated things will get better in 2-3 weeks time ? so guess this time next week these terrible figures should be halved by his reckoning then ?

8 minutes ago, Lowseasonlover said:

How many days left from his original quote of 120 days?

From memory (not exactly reliable) I think we are about half way there. New cases rising by approx 1000 per day and fatalities rising daily I have a sneaky suspicion there will be some spin on this as to why 120 days was merely a guesstimate. Add another 120 days and there might be some improvement. I don't intend sounding negative, just realistic.

• Like 3

Now Mr. PM, don't you and your buddies wish you had ordered vaccines last year instead of patting each other on the back and taking selfies ? Maybe the current situation would be better than the shit show that is happening right now in the country. 

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, Graham said:

Now Mr. PM, don't you and your buddies wish you had ordered vaccines last year instead of patting each other on the back and taking selfies ? Maybe the current situation would be better than the shit show that is happening right now in the country. 

Message from the PM. 

Dear Kh Graham, I have read your post with interest. Well that it not quite true as I can barely read English so I got my Burmese maid to translate it for me whilst my wife was out shopping . Anyway from what my maid tells me you are asking the question as to why we did not order more vaccines last year. Well I will have you know that I did consider this but was dissuaded from doing so both by my boss and another pal of his who believed that they could make billions if we make it ourselves. I went along with that because I was in on a good cut. I am now very sorry that I went along with that because my maid, who I mentioned earlier, is now sad that she is not vaccinated and she refuses now to leave my bedroom incase she meets an infected person. My wife meanwhile who I have made have 2 doses of every vaccine available has unfortunately had no adverse reactions to any of them. She has wondered why I insist on us having our own private bedrooms , mine with armed guards and so far she has accepted it is to minimise spread of infection, although she has asked what happened to our maid. 

Anyway KH Graham, I could not careless about you or anybody else in this country and will do nothing to help the poor  because as my maid continually states. Kh Prayut, why you have no testicles ? 

Believable and yet unbelievable at the same time.  They said maybe 20K by next month. Looks like 30K really is on the way this month.  I hope people took my advice last month and have stocked up on the essentials from Makro or wherever - this aint over by a long long way. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Poolie said:

How may are there in 'recovered/released' column? You know, the one we rarely see?

17,000 odd yesterday.

And that changes the stated facts how? Does it mean there are now less daily infections or less deaths? No? I didn’t think so. More “what about” isoms are good at distracting from the facts or topic but that’s about it. 

15 minutes ago, EdwardV said:

And that changes the stated facts how? Does it mean there are now less daily infections or less deaths? No? I didn’t think so. More “what about” isoms are good at distracting from the facts or topic but that’s about it. 

Sigh.

The difference between the two (new infections and recovered patients)  gives a more realistic picture of the demand on health services. 

I know you love to Thai-bash so I'll leave you to it. Bash away!

Edited by Poolie

As Tim at the Thaiger said yesterday, when there is a higher number of recovered cases and a lower number of new cases each day, and that trend continues for more than a week, then the situation is starting to improve. The sad reality is that it is likely that deaths will still continue to rise when those other numbers improve, because of the previous larger new cases numbers.  With all three main indicators going upwards, then that is a bad situation and likely to get worse for a while longer. 

• Like 1

About 2600 die every single day in Thailand on average. In other words, 200 extra and 90 percent of them are over 70 years old is not that much. Very comparable to 1968-1969 Hong Kong flu pandemic. They talked back then about the "Hong Kong extra" but did not do much else. No lockdowns, even had that Woodstock festival.

Today, the Covidian believers, the fancy new cult, probably would have cancelled even the Apollo 11 due to "Covid concerns" and because the Moon must be protected! ?

Edited by JackIsAGoodBoy

1 hour ago, AussieBob said:

Believable and yet unbelievable at the same time.  They said maybe 20K by next month. Looks like 30K really is on the way this month.  I hope people took my advice last month and have stocked up on the essentials from Makro or wherever - this aint over by a long long way. 

Was it really necessary to buy 2000 toilet rolls at Makro? 555

On a serious note I think 30,000 is very 'achievable'. 

• Haha 1

22k have recovered and gone home!555

What’s the percentage of them getting reinfected! They will still practice soft  mitigating standards when they get home! 

I went to the village up here ,nobody wears a face mask   and they are still sharing the same utensils .

My wife went to the market  food shopping,many not all wear their masks around their mouth only! Some wear it around their neck! And the numbers continue to climb!

Edited by riclag

5 hours ago, gummy said:

Now let's see , what was the date when the Covid Czar stated things will get better in 2-3 weeks time ? so guess this time next week these terrible figures should be halved by his reckoning then ?

It should be over next week then it must be zero cases, or? And in October Thailand fully opened and no more qurantine to travel from abroad to Thailand. But I guess next week we will hear we all miss understand that.

2 hours ago, Guevara said:

Don't say that to often I had the experience 3 days ago to see that in Tesco

20210803_173706.jpg

20210803_173617.jpg

• Haha 1

In Chonburi, NOK, Sony and Mitsubishi have all reported cases. These are not small companies but factories with at least 1,600 employees each. Factories are the next hotspots and clusters. We work so close to each other. We use vans and buses to transport workers. But hey it was the governments top priority to vaccinate Phuket of all places. 

What’s sad is that our company only received vaccines for less 25% of our workforce. And those that did receive it we don’t know when the next shot will be!

No doubt in the next few days these factories will have to close temporarily…

• Like 1

On 8/6/2021 at 3:36 PM, Guevara said:

Obviously western women and men who dont/cant use a bum gun  ?

30K coming this month.

• Haha 1