Songkhla beach party sees 61 arrested violating Covid-19 rules

Thaiger

A reckless birthday beach party in Songkhla in violation of several Covid-19 restrictions resulted in 61 arrests, half of which were underage. Songkhla is a dark red zone, where any gathering with alcohol is prohibited and non-alcoholic gatherings are limited to a maximum of 5 people. Last night on Wang Nao Beach in Nath Thap sub-district of Songkhla, 61 people completely disregarded the rules and met on the beach, apparently to celebrate a birthday. The group was made up of mostly teenagers and young adults who were seen drinking alcohol, partying and mingling on the beach. Many were reported to […]

The post Songkhla beach party sees 61 arrested violating Covid-19 rules appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

I read quite a few news like this, but haven't heard of anyone actually being fined or put in jail. Correct me if I am wrong please 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AlexPTY said:

I read quite a few news like this, but haven't heard of anyone actually being fined or put in jail. Correct me if I am wrong please 

Doubts shared by most members I reckon, espec when the report can only tell us . . . 

'The governor of Songkhla confirmed the beach party events and said that the merrymakers were not only violating the national emergency decree for Covid-19 but were also breaking the rules of Songkhla Provincial Communicable Disease Committee orders and may face prosecution on both counts.'

. . . 'may face prosecution'?  Yes, we have a fair idea what that will amount to . . . sweet Fanny Adams.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, King Cotton said:

Doubts shared by most members I reckon, espec when the report can only tell us . . . 

'The governor of Songkhla confirmed the beach party events and said that the merrymakers were not only violating the national emergency decree for Covid-19 but were also breaking the rules of Songkhla Provincial Communicable Disease Committee orders and may face prosecution on both counts.'

. . . 'may face prosecution'?  Yes, we have a fair idea what that will amount to . . . sweet Fanny Adams.

I think nobody get out without paying but we have a fair idea what it means.

• Like 1