Body found in Phuket of Swiss woman presumed murdered

Thaiger

5 hours ago, Rebel said:

A new Koh Tao case happened on Phuket? They will have a hard time to find a Burmese scapegoat as properly all has left the island.

I live in the Ao Yon area - and I hope they catch the real killer.

Note there is a migrant camp on the road to the waterfall ... as there is construction going on on a couple of Villa/Hotels close to AoYon 'junior' beach.

Just now, billywillyjones said:

Will they catch the person responsbible or will it be a convenient catch.  One must wonder if we will see more violent acts with all the anti foreigner rhetoric we have been hearing.

13 hours ago, Thaiger said:

The body of a 57 year old Swiss woman who arrived in the Phuket Sandbox July 13 was found stashed at the rocky base of a waterfall today, with authorities believing she was raped and murdered. Her body was found about 1 kilometre inside the Ao Yon waterfall area in Wichit, lying face down in the shallow, rocky water. Police believe she has been dead for at least 3 days before her body was discovered. A 31 year old local found the body around 1:30 pm today and reported it to local police. The 164-centimetre tall woman was dressed in […]

The post Body found in Phuket of Swiss woman presumed murdered appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Raped and murdered

https://www.bangkokpost.com/thailand/general/2160603/swiss-woman-found-dead-in-phuket-sandbox

Shame that local crime has hit in the pandemic and killed an innocent woman. Hope to find out who has done this. Good story to follow I think as all my travel experiences I've never had any major crime issues. 

I think we all know what will be the outcome to this sad case will be. In a few day's the Governor of Phuket will be filmed informing us the Murderer has been apprehended and the Re-Enactment will be filmed with the culprit's face covered to shield his identity. Naturally it won't be a Thai and the official statement will read Phuket is safe and you do not need to be afraid to come, your safety is our number one priority. Then it will be quickly be forgotten. However this time the poor Swiss lady wasn't the usual tourist she was the chief in a diplomatic role in Switzerland so i think a member of the Swiss embassy here in Thailand will look closely into this Death and will not be fobbed off with the usual escusses.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, vlad said:

I think we all know what will be the outcome to this sad case will be. In a few day's the Governor of Phuket will be filmed informing us the Murderer has been apprehended and the Re-Enactment will be filmed with the culprit's face covered to shield his identity. Naturally it won't be a Thai and the official statement will read Phuket is safe and you do not need to be afraid to come, your safety is our number one priority. Then it will be quickly be forgotten. However this time the poor Swiss lady wasn't the usual tourist she was the chief in a diplomatic role in Switzerland so i think a member of the Swiss embassy here in Thailand will look closely into this Death and will not be fobbed off with the usual escusses.

What 'usual excuses?'

3 minutes ago, Poolie said:

What 'usual excuses?'

it was her fault she got on a bike with a man she met ? she was dressed provocatively she shouldn't have led him on. There some escusse' used in the past oh and i remember i think it was the mighty 1 said well if you wonder around in a Bikini what do you expect.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, PapayaBokBok said:

TAT could not be reached for comment, but assume they are gathered to attempt to spin this..

As for WHOM is the attacker, any remaining Burmese currently in the sandbox are looking nervous,

as they always seem to fit any profile the thai police need to fill for a quick arrest and a scapegoat

If I may,  [English chat tutor here #PedanticMoment] Who is the attacker ? He is. She is. I am.   So 'who' is correct.

If the question is structured  so the  answer is him/her/me -   then 'whom' would be used.  

Ok Carry on  

Time for a fact check

"Nicole Sauvain-Weisskopf, the 57-year-old assistant protocol chief of the Federal Assembly of Switzerland, [ Swiss government  NOT  diplomatic] was found dead wearing only a T-shirt and a jacket at Ao Yon waterfall in tambon Vichit of Muang district in Phuket on Thursday afternoon. "

This below is pure supposition likely based on the lower garments being off, she could have been changing into a swim suit, or taking a piss or....  or....  or...... always keeping in mind  the police are not professional  - look at how they allow a dozen men to stomp around the scene and take pics of the body. 

Police say she appeared to have been raped....

https://www.bangkokpost.com/thailand/general/2161131/minister-phones-ambassador-over-swiss-officials-murder-in-phuket

Edited by ChristyS
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, vlad said:

it was her fault she got on a bike with a man she met ? she was dressed provocatively she shouldn't have led him on. There some escusse' used in the past oh and i remember i think it was the mighty 1 said well if you wonder around in a Bikini what do you expect.

Ok, I'll wait.

5 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

"Swiss woman, 57, is found 'raped and murdered' at the bottom of a waterfall after travelling alone to Phuket as part of Thailand's 'Sandbox' scheme bid to revive tourism"

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9865459/Swiss-woman-raped-murdered-travelling-Thailand-Sandbox-scheme.html

Ah The Daily Mail, leaping to conclusions based on no evidence other that a quote from cops "may have been", cops  that let a dozen men trample a possible crime scene  taking pics of the woman's body- which will be all over the internet by now.

Additionally  making sexist victim blaming condemnations "She traveled alone"  Good grief.  

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, ChristyS said:

Ah The Daily Mail, leaping to conclusions based on no evidence other that a quote from cops "may have been", cops  that let a dozen men trample a possible crime scene  taking pics of the woman's body- which will be all over the internet by now.

Additionally  making sexist victim blaming condemnations "She traveled alone"  Good grief.  

Yes, as a Brit, I'm deeply ashamed of the Daily Mail. Sincerely.

26 minutes ago, ChristyS said:

my first Thai girlfriend would not go to the 7 Eleven or to the beach here in Hua Hin after dark. At first glance my neighborhood appears to be extremely safe. She told me Thai men are dangerous because they drink so much. She also told me Thai women, especially attractive women almost always travel in groups. Growing up in Korat as a young girl she said always in groups of two or more, never alone. 

i am not blaming the victims, i am just repeating to everyone what I have been told more than once.

i had a friend murdered by her Thai husband. 57 years in the USA nothing remotely like that happened, been in Thailand seven years and after two years a friend is brutally murdered by a Thai man. 

so i would tell any women I know coming to Thailand not to travel alone.  

Edited by NCC1701A
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, NCC1701A said:

my first Thai girlfriend would not go to the 7 Eleven or to the beach here in Hua Hin after dark. At first glance my neighborhood appears to be extremely safe. She told me Thai men are dangerous because they drink so much. She also told me Thai women, especially attractive women almost always travel in groups. Growing up in Korat as a young girl she said always in groups of two or more, never alone. 

i am not blaming the victims, i am just repeating to everyone what I have been told more than once.

i had a friend murdered by her Thai husband. 57 years in the USA nothing remotely like that happened, been in Thailand seven years and after two years a friend is brutally murdered by a Thai man. 

That's interesting.  About 10 years ago I was in Hua HIn visiting a girlfriend and there were three thai men trying to push a vehicle stuck on the beach.  I helped them and we got it out but the gal said you should not do that can be dangerous.

Oh dear the poor woman,she must have been so scared.Absolutley tragic for her family to receive this shocking news.So much for Phuket Sandbox, being a safe holiday paradise for solo woman travellers at the moment.I hope they will arrest the person responsible,before he manages to skip the island.RIP dear lady.

And who said that Thailand was not dangerous?! Every country is just to different degrees! I remember the saying that said "watch out for the smilling man because he is up to no good"! 

My wife is no coward having run her own restaurants and  she is now late 50s

But she always maintains thai men are dangerous and cannot be trusted   

1 hour ago, NCC1701A said:

they are crying crocodile tears now. 

I'm old enough to remember when the death island community was equally devastated...a threat to the cash cow cannot ever be taken lightly. 

12 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

Right 'cause women in the USA are more in danger from their partners than anyone else- likely true here too.  To tell women to not be alone because men might  attack them is no different than blaming them if they get attacked. Subtle, yet unadulterated reinforcement of sexist  mores.  

13 hours ago, ChristyS said:

If I may,  [English chat tutor here #PedanticMoment] Who is the attacker ? He is. She is. I am.   So 'who' is correct.

If the question is structured  so the  answer is him/her/me -   then 'whom' would be used.  

Ok Carry on  

Hard to comment during the current phase of people referring to themselves as plural-pronouns