TAT touts the Phuket Sandbox first month July successes

Thaiger

My Thai wife flight from Heathrow today, I call it 'spot the tourist'  if my wife stretched her legs out, her feet would be in the cockpit, stop bigging up the sandbox success,, its fake news. 

16 minutes ago, gummy said:

"The highly anticipated Phuket “Sandbox” scheme will be closely monitored by the Thai government and the Tourism Authority of Thailand (TAT) as it aims to revive the local economy and become a beacon of hope for numerous other sun-kissed locations and provinces across the country."Jul 1, 2564 BE

That was the full objective of the sandbox scheme. 3 main objectives according to that article and I would suggest that on the last 2 objectives of the scheme it has been nothing but an abject failure

Then enjoy sneering. Fill yer boots.

18 minutes ago, whitesnake said:

Thai people's lives here are "fake!!" What do you expect? They live in Never Never Land!!

I agree 100%, assuming you mean 'never never land' because of the govt that never takes proper action towards whatever issues or crises occur.

• Like 1

So much for regulations against FAKE News. I can’t believe that the government is really calling the Sand Scheme a success. REALLY  ? Tell that to the peeved purist who had to stay up all night just to catch a 5am bus from Phuket to Bangkok to escape the lock down. 

• Cool 2

for those of us who have lived in Thailand we know that the "tourists" are returning Thai's and farangs who live in Thailand and have businesses or wives/girlfriends, it wouldn't surprise me if 70-80% of the 14,000 are in this bracket. Does anyone have any actual figures ???

• Like 1
  • Cool 1

On 8/8/2021 at 11:00 PM, King Cotton said:

I agree 100%, assuming you mean 'never never land' because of the govt that never takes proper action towards whatever issues or crises occur.

life is a stage in Thailand. Sigh....

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, gordo2613 said:

for those of us who have lived in Thailand we know that the "tourists" are returning Thai's and farangs who live in Thailand and have businesses or wives/girlfriends, it wouldn't surprise me if 70-80% of the 14,000 are in this bracket. Does anyone have any actual figures ???

Must be a big percentage the ones I know do live here, from what I know quite a lot of people got out of BKK and entered the sandbox and intend to stay in Phuket for a while

22 hours ago, gordo2613 said:

The numbers are tourists off international flights into Phuket.

• Cool 1

4 hours ago, Poolie said:

The numbers are tourists off international flights into Phuket.

Do you mean the numbers are people off international flights into Phuket? 

2 minutes ago, Soidog said:

Do you mean the numbers are people off international flights into Phuket? 

I think that is what he was meaning yet as we all know most of them are not tourists by the true definition.

3 minutes ago, gummy said:

I think that is what he was meaning yet as we all know most of them are not tourists by the true definition.

Or by any reasonable definition. 90%+ are not tourists. This is not reviving the tourism industry. It’s just not and never will. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, AussieBob said:

TAT will call anything a success - this proves it yet again - unbelievable.

Agreed. 

I wonder what would happen if they announced - As a trial 2 week period only, starting September 1st. Any fully vaccinated tourist who has official proof of vaccination at the departing airport and undertakes a Rapid Antigen Test prior to boarding will not require a COE or additional medical insurance. If they   Undertake a PCR test on arrival and test negative, they will be allowed to leave Phuket after 7 days with only a Rapid Antigen Test required on the day of departure. If during this trial period, no significant infections are found, the trial will be extended. 

I reckon the influx of genuine tourists would be tens of thousands. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, AlexPTY said:

Why would they ask to easy restrictions to 7+7 is everyone just so happy to be there?

to spread the happiness , joy and tourist money

sheldond.jpeg.5e66399824bce04461576c9cb0f684a0.jpeg

• Haha 2

17 minutes ago, AlexPTY said:

Why would they ask to easy restrictions to 7+7 is everyone just so happy to be there?

Can you imagine what these TAT meetings are like. Can you just imagine it???

• Haha 2

17 minutes ago, Soidog said:

i attended few in 2018, never get those hours of my life back

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Soidog said:

OK. Everyone. How many arrivals did Bangkok ASQ hotels loose? Just write that down and head out to lunch.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Artemis080 said:

OK. Everyone. How many arrivals did Bangkok ASQ hotels loose? Just write that down and head out to lunch.

You hit the nail on the head!

Almost everyone I know who wanted to, or is still waiting to come, will go the sandbox route instead of 14 days solitary. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, AlexPTY said:

guilty of Chandler Bing complex, sorry

I think he said this "

“It’s always better to lie than to have the complicated discussion.”

sort of like the meetings they have . I think you nailed it

• Haha 1

On 8/5/2021 at 9:04 PM, Thaiger said:

The official numbers are out and the Tourism Authority of Thailand has touted success in the Phuket Sandbox plan’s first month, with over 14,000 international travellers arriving and a reported 829 million baht of revenue generated in July. Between the reopening date July 1 and the end of the month July 31, 14,055 travellers arrived, and the 829 million baht spent means people spent an average of just under 59,000 baht per person spent. The United States had the most citizens travelling to Thailand with 1,802 people, followed by the United Kingdom with 1,558 travellers. Israel brought 1,455 people to […]

The post TAT touts the Phuket Sandbox first month July successes appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

I am always amazed at the numbers that they Pull out of Thin Air. Blowing clouds of Success and Sunshine. But don't speak of 100 cases of Covid a day and Sandboxers testing positive. By the way a vaccinated person that catches Covid is a Super Spreader by intensity of sharing the disease.  But Yeah bring them in the residents of Phuket's lives don't matter to any public official or business person. Am I correct Thaiger? as you are in this boat with lack of Phuket Covid news specific to Phuket cases. Thanks

28 minutes ago, LemonMG said:

I am always amazed at the numbers that they Pull out of Thin Air. Blowing clouds of Success and Sunshine. But don't speak of 100 cases of Covid a day and Sandboxers testing positive. By the way a vaccinated person that catches Covid is a Super Spreader by intensity of sharing the disease.  But Yeah bring them in the residents of Phuket's lives don't matter to any public official or business person. Am I correct Thaiger? as you are in this boat with lack of Phuket Covid news specific to Phuket cases. Thanks

"By the way a vaccinated person that catches Covid is a Super Spreader by intensity of sharing the disease."

That is not at all true.

• Like 1