5.7% of foreign residents in Thailand have received a dose of the Covid-19 vaccine

Thaiger

12 minutes ago, yetanother said:

and that might be optimistic; various people in that supply delivery line may have their excuse list already prepared

Wondered where all my old contacts had gone.

15 hours ago, DiJoDavO said:

Has anyone got an email already with the date of their vaccination? The one for which we registered last Sunday. 

At this moment, there are appointments available for an AZ jab this month at Bangkok Pattaya Hospital. You must be over 60, the usual yada yada. I believe this site is true cuz I tried to book an earlier date and they said I already registered.

https://healthrisk.bangkokpattayahospital.com/rvi_covid/rvi_add.php?fbclid=IwAR2ywmUfkSnEBxJ0RK9x_7w9LwnXtZFkGCpcoLo0uePb4Kz_dP7sSEB4deo

18 minutes ago, DiJoDavO said:

Yeah, but has anyone already received an appointment date? 

It was only launched on Sunday past, so you can probably put the names of anyone already receiving an appointment on the back of a postage stamp.

I registered through the local  Poo Yai Baan in May, but it took 10 days to receive an appointment for June 15th. That was cancelled on 14th due to running out of vaccines.
I received my first AZ jab two weeks later on June 28th.
Second appointment is for Sept 20th. 

19 minutes ago, Faz said:

It was only launched on Sunday past, so you can probably put the names of anyone already receiving an appointment on the back of a postage stamp.

I registered through the local  Poo Yai Baan in May, but it took 10 days to receive an appointment for June 15th. That was cancelled on 14th due to running out of vaccines.
I received my first AZ jab two weeks later on June 28th.
Second appointment is for Sept 20th. 

I was also registered in May, but still nothing?

But I see here and there random foreigners can just walk in and get the vaccine directly just because someone else canceled. 

So much is so unclear here. I hope I'll get an appointment soon and get it over with. 

21 hours ago, King Cotton said:

Yes, maybe, but Loei has all those big steep mountains for the vaccines to negotiate.

And, I read in another of your posts, yesterday, that you lived Ubon R way; the post when you mentioned your awareness of how Covid was impacting on not just your own village, but a couple of others, too . . . 'the end of the road' one rings a bell.

No, that was @Smithydog.  I said my village was "in a similar position" to his "but probably a few more steps further down the Covid line" - I meant a similar position wih Covid, not geographically.

Looking at their recent Covid stats, though, his village has been very lucky so far as I see that as a province they've got twice as many Covid cases per head as we have. 

I went to renew my retirement extension today at Chiang Khan and the normally busy river-side walk was deserted;  no-one else in immigration either, so they must be feeling the squeeze too.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Stonker said:

No, that was @Smithydog. 

Ooops! But that was quite a hectic debate you and the other feller were having. And interesting too, with me being an Isanian and identifying with what both of you were saying.

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, King Cotton said:

Ooops! But that was quite a hectic debate you and the other feller were having. And interesting too, with me being an Isanian and identifying with what both of you were saying.

"hectic"?

That's very diplomatic of you!

• Haha 1

Experimental rushed vaccines and the companies wanted waivers against long term side effects. Meaning they do not have a f***ing clue how things will go. All permits based on six weeks worth of vaccination data when it usually takes years. Plus Pfizer fined like $5 billion since 2000 for deceptive marketing, pill pushing and what not. Not much different from tobacco companies. Yeah, maybe not this time!  ??

• Thanks 1

I can't understand why all the farangs on this site keep on moaning about not being able to get a vaccine in Thailand.

You know it will continued to be the same with very few vaccines being given soon so why don't you do yourself and favour and Thailand a favour by going back to you own countries and get your vaccines for free straight away.

I was in Phuket last year for seven months and then returned to the UK and many months ago I had my two vaccines, it is simple.

I could see what was going to happened so I got out of Thailand. 

Stop moaning and just go and do it.

7 hours ago, JamesR said:

I can't understand why all the farangs on this site keep on moaning about not being able to get a vaccine in Thailand.

You know it will continued to be the same with very few vaccines being given soon so why don't you do yourself and favour and Thailand a favour by going back to you own countries and get your vaccines for free straight away.

I was in Phuket last year for seven months and then returned to the UK and many months ago I had my two vaccines, it is simple.

I could see what was going to happened so I got out of Thailand. 

Stop moaning and just go and do it.

Do you get some kind of sick thrill out of having a go at other members?

8 minutes ago, colinneil said:

Do you get some kind of sick thrill out of having a go at other members?

He just keeps bringing this up in his previous guises. Just to get people bickering I suspect without actually giving any thought as to why people choose to live here.

There are things called  money and aeroplanes, why do the moaners keep on moaning and those that have to do what they do do it.

Do the moaners get some sort of sick thrill out of moaning.

Explain why they can not take the initiative and do something about it other than moaning.

Plus if the farangs go elsewhere and get a free vaccine it will help the rest to Thailand.

Edited by JamesR
auto edit error
  • Angry 3

19 minutes ago, JamesR said:

There are things called  money and aeroplanes, why do the moaners keep on moaning and those that have to do what they do do it.

Do the moaners get some sort of sick thrill out of moaning.

Explain why they can not take the initiative and do something about it other than moaning.

Plus if the farangs go elsewhere and get a free vaccine it will help the rest to Thailand.

The only person moaning is you, so get off your high horse and please for the rest of us.... Go away,troll.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, yetanother said:

hope that doesnt happen here but the fact is that big pharma is winning;

the usa is now leaning toward mandatory vaccinations; the booster movement is gaining momentum;

(along the carrot and stick theme, the carrot isnt working)

new york city in particular, others will follow once they see they can get away with it and the opposition isnt strong enough; i wouldnt want to be there now and in the near future;

The darkest hour of the night is just before the dawn. 

Here some glimmers of light:

#1 - The CDC has confirmed that the amount of viral load of infected vaccinated persons is not different than those of unvaccinated persons.  It prompted them to recommend wearing face-masks again indoors for the vaccinated.  > The 'untold' implication of that fact - but which luckily is picked up by those that can read between the lines - is that infected vaccinated persons risk becoming unwitted super-spreaders, because contrary to the unvaccinated the symptoms of the infected vaxxed are suppressed.  The 'glimmer of light' here being that the CDC confirmed that fact, which when previously tated on social media would result in you getting a 'life-time ban' for spreading misinformation.

#2 - The mounting evidence that it are NOT only the unvaccinated that are getting seriously ill from covid and need to be hospitalized.  Highly vaxxed countries are now experiencing a wave of hospitalizations from fully vaxxed persons.  That's very sad of course, but the 'glimmer of light' being that people start to realize that not only do the vaccins not prevent you from being infected and spreading it (see #1) but they also do not prevent you from getting seriously ill (yeah, yeah, but you get less ill).  This combined with the 'rare' (only 2 million reports) adverse effects of the covid-vaccines - conventiently forgotten by the vax-enthusiasts - cannot but lead to vaccine-doubt and hesitancy. 

#3 - It looks like - at least in the US - that some mass-media are waking up.  The Washington Times featured yesterday an article/opinion piece authored by dr Robert Malone and Peter Navarro, that clinically dissected the mass-vaccination strategy and provided compelling scientific arguments to immediately stop with that failed strategy.  The arguments they presented are of course NOT new and have been shouted/warned for by many scientists from the very beginning of this mass-vaccination only leading to them being ostracized for committing such heresy against the wonder-vaccines.  What IS new (the glimmer of light), is that their scathing critique is published in a nation-wide newspaper, something which was unthinkable even a couple of weeks ago.  > https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2021/aug/5/biden-teams-misguided-and-deadly-covid-19-vaccine-/

#4 - A sad final glimmer of light but growing stronger every day, is that TIME IS ON OUR SIDE.  The facts/evidence can only be denied/suppressed to a certain point, but with each passing day and more evidence that the covid-vaccines are the actual contributors to the problem rather than the promised 'solution' it becomes more difficult for those defending that dead-end mass-vaccination strategy.  But it is of course very very sad that tens of thousands of people will have to die or get seriously injured with authorities doubling-down on mass-vaccination campaigns, before that truth will finally dawn. 

3 hours ago, colinneil said:

The only person moaning is you, so get off your high horse and please for the rest of us.... Go away,troll.

I will leave you all to moan among yourselves in peace.

Edited by JamesR
Typo

3 minutes ago, JamesR said:

I will leave you all to moan among yourselves in peace.

May peace be with you Brother and may all your dream be erotic ones ?

I have to reply as you replied to me. Erotic dreams are free, but the lifestyle of many farangs living in Thailand are free to start with but then it costs a house, mum sick dad to pay for and a sick buffalo in Issan and then the poor farang ends up with that, nothing, enjoy. LOL 

Looking in from the outside the whole process seems painfully slow. Let's face it, the Thai government was too slow to acquire vaccines because they assumed that as they had done so well to begin with, there was no need to panic but who is panicking now!

As they contemplated purchasing two billion dollar submarines they country was in crisis as this pandemic took a hold on the nation. As usual, it seems, the poorest suffer the most in these situations.

• Like 1

Just now, BeingFrank said:

Looking in from the outside the whole process seems painfully slow. Let's face it, the Thai government was too slow to acquire vaccines because they assumed that as they had done so well to begin with, there was no need to panic but who is panicking now!

As they contemplated purchasing two billion dollar submarines they country was in crisis as this pandemic took a hold on the nation. As usual, it seems, the poorest suffer the most in these situations.

Your observations are spot on. Yes the poor are suffering, both from loss of income from family members perhaps and also being deprived of vaccine currently in many area. But then they are well accustomed to their governments not giving two hoots about them and take it in their stride.