5.7% of foreign residents in Thailand have received a dose of the Covid-19 vaccine

Thaiger

8 hours ago, JamesR said:

I have to reply as you replied to me. Erotic dreams are free, but the lifestyle of many farangs living in Thailand are free to start with but then it costs a house, mum sick dad to pay for and a sick buffalo in Issan and then the poor farang ends up with that, nothing, enjoy. LOL 

You forgot to mention “ bar girls “ in your pathetic generalisation of expats in Thailand .

• Like 1

9 hours ago, JamesR said:

I have to reply as you replied to me. Erotic dreams are free, but the lifestyle of many farangs living in Thailand are free to start with but then it costs a house, mum sick dad to pay for and a sick buffalo in Issan and then the poor farang ends up with that, nothing, enjoy. LOL 

"Coming to you from my sheltered housing in Essex"

Conor Mckenna Graduation GIF by FoilArmsandHog

• Haha 5

4 hours ago, Faraday said:

"Coming to you from my sheltered housing in Essex"

Conor Mckenna Graduation GIF by FoilArmsandHog

You are correct about Essex and yes I am in accommodation I do not own at the moment as I have sold my house and staying in a hotel until I buy my next house. 

shall I but a house in Issan, have it stolen and then spend my days moaning? No thanks. I will leave that to you. 

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, DwizzleyMatthews said:

You forgot to mention “ bar girls “ in your pathetic generalisation of expats in Thailand .

You already know about bar girls I assume. 

Bob Marley sung “no woman no cry “

Expats sing “a Laos girl no house”

Laos is what the rest of Thai people call Issan. 

5 hours ago, JamesR said:

am in accommodation I do not own at the moment as I have sold my house and staying in a hotel until I buy my next house. 

Bail hostel.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, JamesR said:

I have to reply as you replied to me. Erotic dreams are free, but the lifestyle of many farangs living in Thailand are free to start with but then it costs a house, mum sick dad to pay for and a sick buffalo in Issan and then th e poor farang ends up with that, nothing, enjoy. LOL 

Once again you are posting nonsense, house, my wife built/ paid for the house, i was working in the UK at the time, i was totally unaware of what she was doing.

I give my F.I.L. five hundred baht per month because he takes care of our buffalos, and our buffalos are anything but sick, they are thriving.

So when you have something useful to contribute, please do, until then stop posting rubbish.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Faraday said:

Bail hostel.

I suppose you could say that, the bails of money are in my bank account ready for me to buy a house again, I am waiting a few months though as prices are now dropping after the £500k stamp duty allowance ended on the 30th June. 

No rush. 

2 hours ago, colinneil said:

Once again you are posting nonsense, house, my wife built/ paid for the house, i was working in the UK at the time, i was totally unaware of what she was doing.

I give my F.I.L. five hundred baht per month because he takes care of our buffalos, and our buffalos are anything but sick, they are thriving.

So when you have something useful to contribute, please do, until then stop posting rubbish.

Great, it is nice for once to have a happy story from a farang in Thailand, most farangs seem to use this forum to moan, moan, moan and then moan again about their life in Thailand. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, JamesR said:

You already know about bar girls I assume. 

Bob Marley sung “no woman no cry “

Expats sing “a Laos girl no house”

Laos is what the rest of Thai people call Issan. 

Laos is also what some Issan people call Issan. It's not always used in a derogatory sense.

I was in a barbers in Udon. While I was having my hair cut an older guy came in and sat waiting. He asked the barber how he knew what I wanted, being a ferang. The barber said to the guy, "Why? He can speak Lao."

I was talking to a girl in a bar who told me she came from Laos. When I asked where about, she said "Khon Kaen"

Having said that, northern Issan was part of Laos until around a hundred and fifty years ago. It's only been known as Isan for the past hundred years.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, yetanother said:
1 hour ago, Bluesofa said:

I was talking to a girl in a bar who told me she came from Laos. When I asked where about, she said "Khon Kaen"

hahaha; well she was bar girl, right ? sabai dee

True. I could have said a girl in a shop. I was being honest.
They're not all uneducated. When I ran the GoGo bar, one of the dancers had a degree in accounting (I saw the certificate).
Pause for jokes about 'this doesn't add up'  ?

• Haha 2

45 minutes ago, Bluesofa said:

They're not all uneducated. When I ran the GoGo bar, one of the dancers had a degree in accounting (I saw the certificate).

So you must have been good with figures yourself then ??

14 hours ago, Bluesofa said:

Laos is also what some Issan people call Issan. It's not always used in a derogatory sense.

I was in a barbers in Udon. While I was having my hair cut an older guy came in and sat waiting. He asked the barber how he knew what I wanted, being a ferang. The barber said to the guy, "Why? He can speak Lao."

Having said that, northern Issan was part of Laos until around a hundred and fifty years ago. It's only been known as Isan for the past hundred years.

Yes, not long re Laos joining Thailand, Scotland has been part of the UK for over three hundred years but we still see each other as different.

It is the same in Thailand, Laos women like to smoke, drink and party, Thai women don't usually.

On 8/7/2021 at 1:40 PM, DwizzleyMatthews said:

If I was pathetic I would be living in Issan in a cheap crappy house in the middle of nowhere with an ex bar girl wife.

13 hours ago, Bluesofa said:

When I was in a bar once I got talking to an English guy, he was doing a course where he would end up teaching English to Thais.

He needed a university degree certificate to join the course so he bought one from the internet in Thailand and used that.

On 8/7/2021 at 12:55 AM, yetanother said:

hope that doesnt happen here but the fact is that big pharma is winning;

the usa is now leaning toward mandatory vaccinations; the booster movement is gaining momentum;

(along the carrot and stick theme, the carrot isnt working)

new york city in particular, others will follow once they see they can get away with it and the opposition isnt strong enough; i wouldnt want to be there now and in the near future;

yawn....

20 minutes ago, billybob said:

yawn....

I can imagine once Thailand has enough vaccines in a years time they will only extend the temporary one visa most farangs get by making them have  the vaccines. 

I think it would be a good thing as the cowardly farangs who are refusing to get inoculated make the rest of us look bad 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, JamesR said:

I can imagine once Thailand has enough vaccines in a years time they will only extend the temporary one visa most farangs get by making them have  the vaccines. 

I think it would be a good thing as the cowardly farangs who are refusing to get inoculated make the rest of us look bad 

If you refuse to take a vaccine down the line be prepared to leave Thailand, not get on a plane and be a second class citizen. It maybe time to make your peace with it or be destroyed by your attitude to it, hopefully not literally. 

2 hours ago, JamesR said:

Yes, not long re Laos joining Thailand, Scotland has been part of the UK for over three hundred years but we still see each other as different.

It is the same in Thailand, Laos women like to smoke, drink and party, Thai women don't usually.

Oi Thailand give your Emerald Buddha back so Laos can regain it's power. 

2 hours ago, billybob said:

If you refuse to take a vaccine down the line be prepared to leave Thailand, not get on a plane and be a second class citizen. It maybe time to make your peace with it or be destroyed by your attitude to it, hopefully not literally. 

When a shitload of people have longer term issues or premature death from this "warpspeed" rushed vaccine for a disease with a 99.8% survival rate I think in the future few people will take vax for a real deadly virus.

• Thanks 1

On 8/6/2021 at 3:05 AM, 9S_ said:

I wonder if these Thai youtubers will fight for the rights of foreigners in their home country?!?

I assume that’s sarcasm? It’s about as likely to happen as Thais who can fully own business, own property and get a job in virtually any industry they wish abroad. They do nothing to reciprocate that in their own country. Mind you, how often do you see partners, spouses and family of those people even making positive comments in support of foreigners in Thailand? Never happens and never will. 

Edited by Soidog
Typo
  • Like 2

On 8/7/2021 at 12:55 AM, JamesR said:

There are things called  money and aeroplanes, why do the moaners keep on moaning and those that have to do what they do do it.

Do the moaners get some sort of sick thrill out of moaning.

Explain why they can not take the initiative and do something about it other than moaning.

Plus if the farangs go elsewhere and get a free vaccine it will help the rest to Thailand.

Go on JamesR, I’ll indulge you as I’m sat here with nothing else to do. 

Why do you think every foreigner can simply jump on a plane and go home? Many of them are home. Thailand is their home.  Many don’t have a house to return to in their country of birth. Many have a full life in Thailand and aren’t just long term holiday makers taking a break from Soi 4. What do you expect them to do? Pay 40,000 baht for a return ticket. Then pay for 8 weeks (average time between vaccine shots) in a hotel at a cost of even 3,000 baht a night (170,000 total). Then return and pay another 50,000 baht for two weeks ASQ or Sandbox. All in thats around 260,000 baht ($7,800) and away from family for best part of 3 months. Madness

• Like 5

5 hours ago, JamesR said:

If I was pathetic I would be living in Issan in a cheap crappy house in the middle of nowhere with an ex bar girl wife.

Perhaps, for some, it's better than 'bed & breakfast' accommodation, provided by Essex council.

Have you got a hyphenated surname James?

Do you like soul music; you could combine the two...

grin smile GIF

• Haha 1

On 8/7/2021 at 6:48 PM, JamesR said:

shall I but a house in Issan, have it stolen and then spend my days moaning? No thanks. I will leave that to you.

What happened to you? You sound like you have had a very bad experience? Most of the stereotypical tales you are linking to are as a result of people losing their minds when they go to Thailand. I would also say this. I know plenty of guys who have lost a whole lot more than a 2-6 million baht ($60,000-$180,000) house back in their home country when they split up with their misses. Lost the house, car, business and half their pension for the rest of their life. Don’t ever tell me splitting up with a Thai women is expensive compared to western countries.  

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, JamesR said:

I didn’t say you were pathetic only your generalisation of expats in Thailand.

Although, I might have to rethink that after your recent multiple rantings.

• Like 4