Jump to content

Covid kills 42-year-old fitness fanatic who refused vaccine in England


Andrew Reeve
 Share

Recommended Posts

 

278343394_Thaigernews.jpg.471d4c93aacd6264915e0da0222b668e.jpg

After refusing to be vaccinated, a “fit and healthy” 42-year-old who enjoyed climbing mountains and lifting weights died of Covid-19, leaving his twin sister and mother devastated. The two women cautioned people not to believe they are immune to the virus's risks.

John Eyers, a construction expert from Southport in Merseyside, was characterized as "the fittest, healthiest person I know" by his sister Jenny McCann. She went on to say that four weeks before his death, her brother had been climbing Welsh mountains and camping.

 

“He reckoned that if he got Covid-19, he'd be fine and expected to be sick for a short time. He was adamant about not getting a vaccine.  “It shouldn't have happened in the first place. He is survived by his mother and father, a sister (myself), and a 19-year-old daughter. My two kids have lost their uncle. “The uncle who was always joking about with them.”

 

Eyers' friends also paid tribute, with many describing him as "extremely fit" and "one of the most active and fit people" they knew.

“He had a big enthusiasm for athletics and fitness, competing in bodybuilding, triathlons, rock climbing, and many other activities,” a friend remarked.

“When I was competing a few years ago, I was having trouble with my prep, and he offered the extra support and direction I needed to get through my show.

“He wasn't my coach,” I explained. He helped me out of the goodness of his heart and in his spare time, as fitness was a great passion of his. I'll never be able to thank him enough for his help.”

 

Healthcare staff and Covid patients have increasingly expressed regret for not getting vaccinated once they get seriously ill. Only one patient in critical care had gotten both vaccination doses, according to Dr. Samantha Batt-Rawden, a senior intensive care registrar, and the "vast majority" of those she saw were "totally unvaccinated."

Source: The Guardian

 

 

 

 

  • Like 4
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/5/2021 at 7:32 PM, Andrew Reeve said:

278343394_Thaigernews.jpg.471d4c93aacd6264915e0da0222b668e.jpg

After refusing to be vaccinated, a “fit and healthy” 42-year-old who enjoyed climbing mountains and lifting weights died of Covid-19, leaving his twin sister and mother devastated. The two women cautioned people not to believe they are immune to the virus's risks.

John Eyers, a construction expert from Southport in Merseyside, was characterized as "the fittest, healthiest person I know" by his sister Jenny McCann. She went on to say that four weeks before his death, her brother had been climbing Welsh mountains and camping.

“He reckoned that if he got Covid-19, he'd be fine and expected to be sick for a short time. He was adamant about not getting a vaccine.  “It shouldn't have happened in the first place. He is survived by his mother and father, a sister (myself), and a 19-year-old daughter. My two kids have lost their uncle. “The uncle who was always joking about with them.”

Eyers' friends also paid tribute, with many describing him as "extremely fit" and "one of the most active and fit people" they knew.

“He had a big enthusiasm for athletics and fitness, competing in bodybuilding, triathlons, rock climbing, and many other activities,” a friend remarked.

“When I was competing a few years ago, I was having trouble with my prep, and he offered the extra support and direction I needed to get through my show.

“He wasn't my coach,” I explained. He helped me out of the goodness of his heart and in his spare time, as fitness was a great passion of his. I'll never be able to thank him enough for his help.”

Healthcare staff and Covid patients have increasingly expressed regret for not getting vaccinated once they get seriously ill. Only one patient in critical care had gotten both vaccination doses, according to Dr. Samantha Batt-Rawden, a senior intensive care registrar, and the "vast majority" of those she saw were "totally unvaccinated."

Source: The Guardian

Somehow these types of stories dont seem to be able to crack through the barrier to the anti-vaxxers (AV). There was recently a similar case in Aust - 27 year old male who refused to be taken to hospital - he was found dead the next day.  And yet AVs will quote all sorts of 'reports' from all sorts of sources backing up their view that somehow vaccines are 'wrong' and the people are 'being fooled'. And here we have a death from Covid, and 4.3 million others, and they hang their argument on some obscure media personality and/or some obscure 'scientist' report about very few people who have bad reactions to the vaccines.   

Yes there is a risk in getting a vaccine, any vaccine - but there is a risk in driving a car and drinking alcohol and smoking and riding a bike and eating junk food, and so many other things.  But we choose to do them anyway - and that is our right - and the majority are always right. I can choose to drive a car in Thailand - I see that there are 20+K deaths on Thailand roads, but I will still drive a car - the risk is worth it. There are far less problems with the vaccines -  the risk is worth it.

 

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 hours ago, bushav8r said:

I don't feel sad.  Seems like just rewards.

Exactly, How can you claim to be a fitness fanatic yet not looking after your health  as he obviously did not by avoiding a vaccination. All he proved to anybody else was that he has as much muscle in his head as he did in his body.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I doubt he was healthy, anyone who competes in bodybuilding isn't usually healthy. Sure they are lean/muscular but health isn't their priority most of the time.

  • Like 6
  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Leptin resistance, insulin resistance, heavy carb diet, steroids, testosterone, and the list could go on.  One can look healthy, but that doesn't mean they are internally.  If your immune system is shot, then a respiratory virus can give the ultimate knockout.  The guy probably read that getting injected with spike proteins will only lower his immunity even more.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Ttalk said:

Leptin resistance, insulin resistance, heavy carb diet, steroids, testosterone, and the list could go on.  One can look healthy, but that doesn't mean they are internally.  If your immune system is shot, then a respiratory virus can give the ultimate knockout.  The guy probably read that getting injected with spike proteins will only lower his immunity even more.

Assuming he could read !!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

It is true this virus....any virus can & does take folks of all shapes & sizes

We see unvaccinated 80-90- year olds here catch covid & breeze thru it & some die

We see vaccinated catch & breeze thru it too of course & some die

Also the actual story link his picture does not look like the one in this story...not that it makes a difference but did note the difference

 

Untitled.jpg

Edited by Meechai
Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

This question  of a healthy lifestyle and body came up in an interview with Professor Antoine Flahault trying to answer some of the more common faq about Covid-19. It included a question titled: “True or false, If you have a healthy lifestyle, your immune system can defend itself on its own and doesn’t need a vaccine”

https://www.france24.com/en/europe/20210708-true-or-false-countering-the-claims-of-covid-19-vaccine-sceptics

Professor Antoine Flahault is an epidemiologist and director of the Institute for Global Health at the Faculty of Medicine of the University of Geneva and has written over 200 peer reviewed scientific papers.

What I like about how he answers is that he makes it easier to read than some of the “gobbledygook” you read on the net! He supports vaccines, however in other articles, (many in French so had to translate!), have seen him indicate he is also open to different medications and treatments providing they are properly clinically tested. He seems to be not a one solution style of medical professional.

But I am sure we will have members confident to both support and argue against what he says.?

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Smithydog said:

This question  of a healthy lifestyle and body came up in an interview with Professor Antoine Flahault trying to answer some of the more common faq about Covid-19. It included a question titled: “True or false, If you have a healthy lifestyle, your immune system can defend itself on its own and doesn’t need a vaccine”

https://www.france24.com/en/europe/20210708-true-or-false-countering-the-claims-of-covid-19-vaccine-sceptics

Professor Antoine Flahault is an epidemiologist and director of the Institute for Global Health at the Faculty of Medicine of the University of Geneva and has written over 200 peer reviewed scientific papers.

What I like about how he answers is that he makes it easier to read than some of the “gobbledygook” you read on the net! But I am sure we will have members confident to both support and argue against what he says.?

Thanks  for your reply and I have just read thro' all of that report. Can't blame you for posting the link , but could you have not summarised and said  that people who think they have a healthy lifestyle so won't catch Covid are talking bollocks ?  Would have saved me 10 minutes. ?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, gummy said:

Thanks  for your reply and I have just read thro' all of that report. Can't blame you for posting the link , but could you have not summarised and said  that people who think they have a healthy lifestyle so won't catch Covid are talking bollocks ?  Would have saved me 10 minutes. ?

My long worded way as usual Gummy! Besides, never know what you may find yourself when seeing the whole thing ?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, gummy said:

Thanks  for your reply and I have just read thro' all of that report. Can't blame you for posting the link , but could you have not summarised and said  that people who think they have a healthy lifestyle so won't catch Covid are talking bollocks ?  Would have saved me 10 minutes. ?

Its not as though you're busy is it?

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

30 minutes ago, Smithydog said:

My long worded way as usual Gummy! Besides, never know what you may find yourself when seeing the whole thing ?

I agree, so many long words too ?

 

20 minutes ago, Poolie said:

Its not as though you're busy is it?

Actually I was 'cos at the time I was doing my role in training to be a Samaritan with a likely "jumper". Now because I was distracted I have a bloody great dent in my bonnet ?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Ttalk said:

Leptin resistance, insulin resistance, heavy carb diet, steroids, testosterone, and the list could go on.  One can look healthy, but that doesn't mean they are internally.  If your immune system is shot, then a respiratory virus can give the ultimate knockout.  The guy probably read that getting injected with spike proteins will only lower his immunity even more.

After doing more research into longevity/anti-aging, bodybuilding (diet wise) is actually one of the most unhealthy things you can do to your body, only thing that's healthy is the exercise part. I quit bodybuilding myself because of that.

Lots of people associate being lean/muscular as being healthy but at least from what I understand being skinny is healthier in the long run (not extremely skinny)

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/9/2021 at 8:21 AM, bushav8r said:

I don't feel sad.  Seems like just rewards.

Just rewards, how come, the bloke died for making a wrong decision....

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, dj230 said:

I doubt he was healthy, anyone who competes in bodybuilding isn't usually healthy. Sure they are lean/muscular but health isn't their priority most of the time.

You doubt he was healthy, and you know body builders aren't usually healthy. Excited Season 2 GIF by The Lonely Island

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Nearly 40% of the population in the US is living in this kind of denial. Not matter how healthy or how fit someone is, few know if they have underlying conditions that would make them vulnerable. 

And it does not matter. So many Americans wear a false flag of patriotism, until the time they are asked to make a sacrifice. Then they start ranting about liberties, freedom, and the demonic left. The Rockefellers are behind all of this. Satan is behind all of this. Time to step up, stop talking, and do something, or stop ranting about how patriotic you are, when you are never willing to do anything that is asked of you. 

I do not accept the narrative at face value. But, when 97% of all new cases are from people who have not been vaccinated, that has to mean something. I am going to get a Vax, not because I am a Vax guy, but because it is for the greater good of society. 

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, Tornado said:

 The problem in the US is that you have a border problem compounded with people who are not vaccinated, but didn't your CDC state yesterday that people who are vaccinated could be spreaders and should mask? Nobody wants to hear the forked tongued message of the American experts when we are fighting to get mRNA vaccines to cope with this variant. 

Experts and fact checkers have already proved that thousands of untested and unvaccinated illegal economic migrants coming into the country every day do not spread Covid, and in many cases they reduce the spread of Covid because reasons, but you whitey, you need to shutup, take the vax and put your mask back on or you will kill many thousands of grandmas.

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, gummy said:

I agree, so many long words too ?

Actually I was 'cos at the time I was doing my role in training to be a Samaritan with a likely "jumper". Now because I was distracted I have a bloody great dent in my bonnet ?

It'll knock out. Good as new.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

This story is massive in the UK now and should be a major kick up the arse for the anti vaxx loonies but it wont be.

I am currently back here for my jabs and in the short 2 years since my last visit things have changed so much.Even my family are telling me what i can and can’t say nowerdays and it looks like the woke brigade and loony left wingers have won the battle to make the rest of the UK conform to their way of thinking.Scary.

Of course the lads i grew up with still take the piss but it seems only in the close proximity of close mates.But lads like that are unfortunately a dying breed.Now fatties,spotties,baldies(me) and woe betide people of colour,hahaha get a free pass.Sad.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, dmacarelli said:

Nearly 40% of the population in the US is living in this kind of denial. Not matter how healthy or how fit someone is, few know if they have underlying conditions that would make them vulnerable. 

And it does not matter. So many Americans wear a false flag of patriotism, until the time they are asked to make a sacrifice. Then they start ranting about liberties, freedom, and the demonic left. The Rockefellers are behind all of this. Satan is behind all of this. Time to step up, stop talking, and do something, or stop ranting about how patriotic you are, when you are never willing to do anything that is asked of you. 

I do not accept the narrative at face value. But, when 97% of all new cases are from people who have not been vaccinated, that has to mean something. I am going to get a Vax, not because I am a Vax guy, but because it is for the greater good of society. 

Good thing Israel reports a bit more accurate numbers, unlike the US where hospitals are told not to count anyone vaxxed unless for hospitalization.  That's one way to keep the numbers down. 

I also love how the new talking point is "99.9" percent of the vaxxed aren't "breakthrough cases"  The same thing could also be said about those that haven't taken the spike protein injection.  " 99.9%" of current non vaccinated people aren't testing positive".  See how one can easily spin things and twist stats.

 

Here's the Israeli's numbers.  Doesn't quite look like 97% unvaccinated due to reporting of actual numbers.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, BraveNewFahrenheit said:

Experts and fact checkers have already proved that thousands of untested and unvaccinated illegal economic migrants coming into the country every day do not spread Covid

Thats right. Here's a list of things that DO spread Covid

1)Sturgis bike week

2)any Trump rally

3)going to the beach in Florida

List of things that do NOT spread covid.

1)Going maskless to Mike and Barry's birthday party at their newly bought $15m sea level mansion at Martha's Vineyard

2)encouraging thousands of illegals to swarm the border and redistribute them around the country even though a sizeable % are coof positive

3) angry mobs burning, rioting and looting across the united states to make a statement their hatred for the orange man and the police.

4)democrats on a private jet fleeing Texas while maskless.

 

Covid is clearly one very clever(and convenient it seems!) virus.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Faz said:

If you search UK news, you'll come across many reports of anti vaxxer's that died of Covid.

Here in Japan, there are no reports at all. Makes me wonder about the level of self-(forced?) censorship going on, depending on the country.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By posting on Thaiger Talk you agree to the Terms of Use