Bangkok closure order extended until August 31

Thaiger

Numerous businesses and venues in Bangkok will be closed at least until the end of the month. The Bangkok Metropolitan Administration extended its closure order on non-essential businesses, places and venues until August 31. The closure order is in addition to the disease control measures set by the Centre for Covid-19 Situation Administration. Under the Emergency Decree, provincial governments can impose measures depending on the local Covid-19 situation. Bangkok and 28 other provinces are classified by the CCSA as “dark red” zones under maximum and strict control with curfews, travel restrictions and closure orders. The CCSA will review the situation […]

The post Bangkok closure order extended until August 31 appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Enjoy Bangkok after the 2-week quarantine, and enjoy the rest of Thailand after the Phuket sandbox.

The basic mistake people made when looking at Thailand back in May-June was that they took the daily case numbers back then (3,000-4,000) at face value. "Ah, not too bad, better than at home, let's book a trip". The Thais themselves know that the daily numbers reported are to be used with a multiplier of 5-10.

Second mistake was "Quite sure they'll catch up with vaccinations soon."

Edited by Leo
  • Like 1

To be honest Id be fine with this as my day consists of riding my bike all day and popping into 7-11s to hydrate and snack then get some street food on my way home to shower and watch a movie...so pretty much no affect on me other than the fun of getting to bike around on less populated streets....

I suppose the only thing missing would be the grannies sitting and cat calling me to come in for a massage

Not easy being a Hansum man in LOS!

3 hours ago, PapayaBokBok said:

To be honest Id be fine with this as my day consists of riding my bike all day and popping into 7-11s to hydrate and snack then get some street food on my way home to shower and watch a movie...so pretty much no affect on me other than the fun of getting to bike around on less populated streets....

I suppose the only thing missing would be the grannies sitting and cat calling me to come in for a massage

Not easy being a Hansum man in LOS!

Pretty idiotic approach to this. They are destroying the economy and not curbing the infection rate at all. No country that has locked down saw any decrease in infection rate vs countries that stayed open. You don't care.  That's cool

• Thanks 1

First of all, I thought 3 days ago I heard that it's only for 2 weeks first. That's a quick 2 weeks.... 

Second, why are public parks closed? Who tf is breathing in someone else's face in a public park? No one. And if there's someone doing that, they probably could be arrested for other offenses. ?

If there's any place to stay a bit healthy it's public parks. Doing exercise etc. 

People might not realize this, but staying indoors really affects your immune system, and not in a positive way. I find myself lowkey being sick any time I've been outside, and that can't be Covid every time. That's just me not keeping my immune system up to date. Something that normally happens automatically from touching doorknobs, hand rails etc. 

It's really unhealthy to force people to stay inside all the time. They are actually just banning people from seeing nature. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, DiJoDavO said:

First of all, I thought 3 days ago I heard that it's only for 2 weeks first. That's a quick 2 weeks.... 

Second, why are public parks closed? Who tf is breathing in someone else's face in a public park? No one. And if there's someone doing that, they probably could be arrested for other offenses. ?

If there's any place to stay a bit healthy it's public parks. Doing exercise etc. 

People might not realize this, but staying indoors really affects your immune system, and not in a positive way. I find myself lowkey being sick any time I've been outside, and that can't be Covid every time. That's just me not keeping my immune system up to date. Something that normally happens automatically from touching doorknobs, hand rails etc. 

It's really unhealthy to force people to stay inside all the time. They are actually just banning people from seeing nature. 

Don't expect logic that benefits the public in much of what is going on worldwide.  Just have a shot of the koolaid the supporters of this stupidity have been drinking.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, JonBravo said:

Pretty idiotic approach to this. They are destroying the economy and not curbing the infection rate at all. No country that has locked down saw any decrease in infection rate vs countries that stayed open. You don't care.  That's cool

Incorrect. Sydney and Melbourne a tail of two cities. Sydney ran the gauntlet on infections and are now paying the price, whilst Melbourne- not so much.

20 hours ago, JonBravo said:

I was thinking out loud...Ive been on personal lockdown since March 2020.....Take a Deep Breath Friend...

Can I write the headlines for you?  I only charge £1,000 a day. Here we go …

Thailand extends its restrictions in Bangkok and other 40 dark red zones until the end of the year (because we fuc*ed up and was too arrogant) on our vaccine plans.

I’ll post my bank account detail for you to pay me!! 

3 hours ago, Soidog said:

Can I write the headlines for you?  I only charge £1,000 a day. Here we go …

Thailand extends its restrictions in Bangkok and other 40 dark red zones until the end of the year (because we fuc*ed up and was too arrogant) on our vaccine plans.

I’ll post my bank account detail for you to pay me!! 

Sorry remittances can only be made  to an offshore account in line with the unofficial government practices