Football Transfer News In's and Out's

Lowseasonlover

Daniel James seals Manchester United transfer to Leeds on deadline day

Man Utd have been active on transfer deadline day with Wales international Daniel James the latest player to leave the club

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, BigHewer said:

Just heard Daniel Sturridge transferred to Perth Glory in the Aussie A-League. How the mighty have fallen…

https://www.google.co.jp/amp/s/www.sportingnews.com/au/amp/football/news/daniel-sturridge-explains-a-league-move-after-signing-for-perth-glory/vfidqm00d7f71ejxbyfmi27kr

A good spot, that, @BigHewer!  Seems like only a couple of years ago that the Sturridge & Sterling duo were top performers for Liverpool FC and I always reckoned that Sturridge was the best of the two. And that's now over 6 years ago would you believe.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, King Cotton said:

A good spot, that, @BigHewer!  Seems like only a couple of years ago that the Sturridge & Sterling duo were top performers for Liverpool FC and I always reckoned that Sturridge was the best of the two. And that's now over 6 years ago would you believe.

Last I heard, Sturridge was loaned/sold to a Turkish club? Now he’s in the A-League In Australia? No offense to the Aussies, but that’s National League standard (England’s fifth tier). What happened?

• Cool 1

9 hours ago, BigHewer said:

Last I heard, Sturridge was loaned/sold to a Turkish club? Now he’s in the A-League In Australia? No offense to the Aussies, but that’s National League standard (England’s fifth tier). What happened?

Too many Roo steaks and Fosters maybe

10 hours ago, BigHewer said:

Wiki endorses what I clearly recall regarding Sturridge's fall from the top, namely that after his masterful opening 2013-14 season, when his 21 goals amounted to a fifth of Liverpool's total for that season and placed him second best, behind Luis Suarez, he was blighted by frequent injuries and few appearances, let alone starts. Memory fails me but I cannot recall any player returning to top form and regular starting-11 naming after becoming so injury prone*, although one or two Arsenal players seemed to try their hardest to get into that category during Wenger's last five years, when there'd seldom be a game without at least one of the squad being stretchered off or hobbling down the tunnel . . . just an observation 🙄 !

(* Exceptions, anyone?)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, King Cotton said:

Wiki endorses what I clearly recall regarding Sturridge's fall from the top, namely that after his masterful opening 2013-14 season, when his 21 goals amounted to a fifth of Liverpool's total for that season and placed him second best, behind Luis Suarez, he was blighted by frequent injuries and few appearances, let alone starts. Memory fails me but I cannot recall any player returning to top form and regular starting-11 naming after becoming so injury prone*, although one or two Arsenal players seemed to try their hardest to get into that category during Wenger's last five years, when there'd seldom be a game without at least one of the squad being stretchered off or hobbling down the tunnel . . . just an observation 🙄 !

(* Exceptions, anyone?)

I can’t think of anyone off the top of my head. Plenty of examples on the other side of the coin though.

Good luck to him. I hope he lights it up down under! ⚽🥅

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BigHewer said:

I can’t think of anyone off the top of my head. Plenty of examples on the other side of the coin though.

Good luck to him. I hope he lights it up down under! ⚽🥅

Well on the bright side he doesn't have to put up the miserable British weather.