Football Transfer News In's and Out's

Lowseasonlover

Transfer News LIVE: Man City to complete Jack Grealish signing TODAY, Aston Villa complete the £30m signing of Leon Bailey and Romelu Lukaku wants to return to Chelsea... plus all the latest on Harry Kane

Atalanta enter race to sign Chelsea outcast Tammy Abraham with England striker also attracting interest from Arsenal and West Ham... but Aston Villa less likely after signing Danny Ings

• Like 1

Southampton boss Ralph Hasenhuttl insists they can replace Danny Ings after the prolific striker completed a surprise £30m move to Aston Villa

Danny Ings completed a surprise £30m move to Aston Villa on Wednesday

Saints were ready to make him the highest-paid player in the club's history

England international scored 46 goals in 100 appearances for Southampton 

• Like 1

Arsenal 'planning DOUBLE swoop for Sheffield United duo Aaron Ramsdale and Sander Berge' as Mikel Arteta continues summer spending spree to overhaul Gunners squad

Arsenal are considering a double signing of Aaron Ramsdale and Sander Berge

Mikel Arteta is looking at a sizeable offer for both Sheffield United players

Blades boss Slavisa Jokanovic said he has no intention of selling either player 

I thought Sander Berge could abe a useful squad player in the PL 

• Like 1

Newcastle are interested in signing Tottenham midfielder Oliver Skipp after his impressive promotion-winning campaign with Norwich last term... but the Magpies have NOT enquired about Aaron Ramsey

Steve Bruce is a fan of Oliver Skipp - but would face competition to sign him

Norwich are also interested after he helped them to promotion last season

Tottenham are unsure whether to keep Skipp or loan him out for this term

Newcastle are also looking at Boubacar Kamara and Arsenal's Joe Willock

• Like 1

Excellent reporting, @Lowseasonlover. More clearly presented than on the BBC site which I'll still use for its useful fixtures and results features.

Do you have a clear gut-feeling - good or bad - regarding the coming season? Mine tells me that there'll be lots of big surprises, both player and manager-wise.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, King Cotton said:

Excellent reporting, @Lowseasonlover. More clearly presented than on the BBC site which I'll still use for its useful fixtures and results features.

Do you have a clear gut-feeling - good or bad - regarding the coming season? Mine tells me that there'll be lots of big surprises, both player and manager-wise.

At the moment I dont have gut feelings but excited to get the season going surprises Im not sure just yet if everybody plays to their potential clubs I mean, then there will be some stiff competition at the top anyone of 6/7 teams put a run together who know's,

Then we have the crowds back what effect will that have? certainly make it better to watch

As a side bet, who will be the first manager to get the sack?

57 minutes ago, Lowseasonlover said:

As a side bet, who will be the first manager to get the sack?

Yes, that's a fair ask. I'm going for Southampton's Ralph Hasenhuttl who, to my mind, was one of last season's strugglers.

59 minutes ago, King Cotton said:

Yes, that's a fair ask. I'm going for Southampton's Ralph Hasenhuttl who, to my mind, was one of last season's strugglers.

Steve Bruce is always a contender 

Okay, the side bet stands and 1 'Like if either of us is correct.

Yeah, poor old Brucey, who seldom appears to be without the squad selection/availability world on his shoulders. But, finishing 12th and with many pundits backing The Toon to maintain that or even slightly better position, I feel pretty sure that owner Ashley is shrewd enough to know when the often fan-forsaken Bruce is worth hanging on to.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Lowseasonlover said:

a side bet, who will be the first manager to get the sack?

Watford have been ruthless the last couple of seasons so I'd be putting a shilling on their man Xisco being under pressure from the first day .. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, King Cotton said:

Okay, the side bet stands and 1 'Like if either of us is correct.

Yeah, poor old Brucey, who seldom appears to be without the squad selection/availability world on his shoulders. But, finishing 12th and with many pundits backing The Toon to maintain that or even slightly better position, I feel pretty sure that owner Ashley is shrewd enough to know when the often fan-forsaken Bruce is worth hanging on to.

Would be difficult to sack Bruce who would they turn to next it seems like they have tried all of them, including Fat Sam

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Lowseasonlover said:

Would be difficult to sack Bruce who would they turn to next it seems like they have tried all of them, including Fat Sam

Yes, Newcastle . . . the poisoned chalice. Like you say, they've gone through some gaffers there.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

45 minutes ago, Dedinbed said:

Watford have been ruthless the last couple of seasons so I'd be putting a shilling on their man Xisco being under pressure from the first day .. 

Yes, probably a good call, there. With his time at Watford being so short, he's one guy I know very little about. Time will tell!

• Like 2

I always describe following my club as being married to a bad catholic wife.Like it or not you are in it for life.

They have given me more heartache over the years than i care to remember with just a glimmer of success every 15 years or so but our manager has the safest job in football.

D645D685-8E04-4A4E-9481-A62E237FD576.jpeg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, King Cotton said:

Yes, probably a good call, there. With his time at Watford being so short, he's one guy I know very little about. Time will tell!

Off the 3 that get to the Prem' usually 2 end up going straight back down which is why Xisco has to get off to a flyer with Watford as their record of firing managers over the last couple of seasons says they won't hang about .. 

Daniel Farker at Norwich has probably more of a chance keeping his job as they stuck with him the last time they were relegated and he's duly got them promoted again .. 

Brentford are an unknown .. they have been loyal also to Thomas Frank after dipping out in the play offs 2 seasons back but sometimes the pressure to stay in the Prem' leads chairman to abandon loyalty .. 

I would also look out for Wolves as well .. their form dropped right off at the end of last season and Espirito Santo has left for Spurs now so they are a bit unpredictable this season .. 

Crystal Palace have also taken a gamble with Patrick Viera having gone down the young foreign manager route with Ronald De'Boer a couple of seasons ago with disasterous results .. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Dedinbed said:

I would also look out for Wolves as well .. their form dropped right off at the end of last season and Espirito Santo has left for Spurs now so they are a bit unpredictable this season .. 

Crystal Palace have also taken a gamble with Patrick Viera having gone down the young foreign manager route with Ronald De'Boer a couple of seasons ago with disasterous results ..

With that insight, you should be on the BBC punditry panel . . . a most interesting post, thanks.

I have to agree with two of your would-be 'a bientots', namely Wolves new man, Lage, and Palace's brave move to appoint Viera. I have a hunch - maybe a flawed one - that Benteke and Zaha will do their utmost to make this one work, with the recent BLM culture being so dominant, these days. Just a thought, but I'll be watching keenly for Palace's early season results.

• Like 1
  • Cool 1

Does anyone know the TT fantasy football code please - it was on another thread but I can't find it !

PS I am a huge Wolves fan, not only will Lage not be sacked, he will be awarded the freedom of the city by December !

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Argentina maestro Lionel Messi is leaving Barcelona after they failed in their renewed contract efforts to get him to stay and so he leaves Barca' as a free agent with PSG and Man City it is said fave's to be able to meet his salary demands should he choose to alight in Paris or Oasis land .. 

IMG_20210805_223908.jpg

• Like 3

7 hours ago, King Cotton said:

With that insight, you should be on the BBC punditry panel . . . a most interesting post, thanks.

I have to agree with two of your would-be 'a bientots', namely Wolves new man, Lage, and Palace's brave move to appoint Viera. I have a hunch - maybe a flawed one - that Benteke and Zaha will do their utmost to make this one work, with the recent BLM culture being so dominant, these days. Just a thought, but I'll be watching keenly for Palace's early season results.

Benteke is starting to do what they signed him for and maybe Viera will be able to improve him on goals return .. ain't sure about Zaha , he's undoubtedly talented with a big box of tricks but he has a dodgy temperament and is too quick to vent his frustration the wrong way with all the falling over and petulant stuff .. but who knows it usually takes until about September / October before any sort of pattern emerges of the club's who'll be in the relegation fight ..  

• Like 1

Jack Grealish becomes the most expensive British footballer of all-time as Man City announce his £100M arrival from Aston Villa - with England star putting pen to paper on a mammoth SIX-year contract worth more than £200,000-a-week

Jack Grealish sealed his high-profile move from Aston Villa to Man City 

The 25-year-old is England's first £100m player in a record-breaking buy

Grealish leaves boyhood club Villa just 11 months after signing a new deal

The England international now earns over £200,000-a-week at Man City

Pep Guardiola's league champions are chasing Tottenham striker Harry Kane too 

• Like 1

Barcelona CONFIRM Lionel Messi will leave club after 21 years and 31 major trophies as they heap blame on LaLiga for 'economic obstacles' stopping them from giving him huge new deal - while fans are left in tears outside the Nou Camp after bombshell news

Barcelona have confirmed that Lionel Messi WILL leave the club this summer

The Argentine was widely expected to be far down the line in signing a new deal

Cash-strapped Barca were poised to retain the player after a sizeable pay-cut

Sources in Spain first stated Messi's renewed deal is 'almost impossible'

Barca issued a statement and blamed 'economical and structural obstacles' 

• Like 2

Crystal Palace lead the chase for £20m-rated Adam Armstrong with prolific Blackburn striker keen to join Patrick Vieira's squad rebuild at Selhurst Park

Blackburn want £20m for Adam Armstrong, who scored 29 goals last season

Newcastle United have a 40 per cent sell-on following his £1.75m sale in 2018

Norwich City, Southampton and Watford have also made offers for the striker 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Benroon said:

Does anyone know the TT fantasy football code please - it was on another thread but I can't find it !

PS I am a huge Wolves fan, not only will Lage not be sacked, he will be awarded the freedom of the city by December !

Good luck with that