Waste disposal firm calls for rubbish collectors to be vaccinated

Thaiger

The head of Prabkaya, one of Thailand’s largest waste disposal companies, says rubbish collectors must be vaccinated as a matter of priority. Theerawong Sanpipat says the workers regularly come into contact with potentially infected discarded items, such as face masks. According to a Bangkok Post report, he is demanding the workers be vaccinated and the public educated on how to separate waste items to prevent the spread of the virus. He adds that the workers should receive Pfizer or another mRNA vaccine as these are more effective. Theerawong says rubbish collectors are exposed to high-risk items such as face masks, […]

The post Waste disposal firm calls for rubbish collectors to be vaccinated appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

The whole country wants to be inoculated.  The priority is strange in this country. It's a disgrace when a company like Dtac can offer a young healty person in Bangkok a covid vaccination  before e.g older people there.

I actually wrote to Dtac about this but they totally ignored  it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Rebel said:

The whole country wants to be inoculated.  The priority is strange in this country. It's a disgrace when a company like Dtac can offer a young healty person in Bangkok a covid vaccination  before e.g older people there.

Why blame Dtac?

They're not abusing a loophole, but just doing what the system tells them to for their employees.

2 hours ago, Rebel said:

I agree ! Are they a essential workers!

I’m gonna follow up  with the same

These guys who work on these trash trucks  are vital  and risk themselves and their families.

Edited by riclag

I think every countrie had the same problem. After medical staff suddenly everybody thought they were essential workers and needed priority vaccinations.
Policemen, fire brigade, staff supermarkets and foodmarkets...