Delta variant now the predominant strain, 78% of Thai infections

Thaiger

Weeks ago experts predicted that the Delta variant would become the predominant strain of Covid-19 in Thailand by early August. Now, as foreseen, a new study shows that 78.2% of all new Covid-19 infections throughout the country are of the Delta variant. The Medical Sciences Department’s Director-General revealed the results of a test the department had been running in their networks of labs in which they tested a random sampling of Covid-19 infections from around the country during the last week of July. The experiment tested 2,547 different samples and found that 1,993 of them were of the Delta variant […]

The post Delta variant now the predominant strain, 78% of Thai infections appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

A few months ago when the delta was rampaging across India, the PM once quipped “you had to share a bed in other countries”. Now it’s near impossible to find a bed when your stricken with Covid. 

Sadly checking the Covid projections we are en route to the “worst case scenario projection” vs current projection and lockdown enforced projection. We’re in this for the long haul with peak expected to happen mid-October and tapering off into the winter…

• Like 1

I also find it quite interesting that cases flare-up in India pretty fast, but they came down at the same speed. (approx two months each way) Thailand however just keeps climbing higher every day during the last 3 months.

Screen Shot 2021-07-23 at 14.45.56.png

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, BookShe said:

I also find it quite interesting that cases flare-up in India pretty fast, but they came down at the same speed. (approx two months each way) Thailand however just keeps climbing higher every day during the last 3 months.

The cases and deaths fell at a suspiciously rapid rate. I think a lot of it has to do with the numbers submitted. When I look at the figures for each Country I do take some of them with a pinch of salt.

The disturbing thing is that Sinovac specifically has little effect on the Delta variant.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Tornado said:

@BookShe India is filthy, overcrowded and their hospital system collapsed quickly. Thailand is doing a good job building field hospitals with a stronger hospital network with much better organizational skillset then India. I don't care what politically driven remarks the Biden administration makes in the States, the vaccine is working in keeping those off ventilators, so the vaccine distribution is crucial.

I'm not questioning the vaccines. Sure they are crucial. I was expecting the Thai numbers to start coming down by now, based on what happened in India. My thought was, Delta is so much more infectious that it runs its course faster, therefore we should have seen declining numbers by now.

Edited by BookShe

4 minutes ago, Guevara said:

The cases and deaths fell at a suspiciously rapid rate. I think a lot of it has to do with the numbers submitted. When I look at the figures for each Country I do take some of them with a pinch of salt.

Yes. Absolutely. My other guess would be, the lockdowns are somewhat slowing down the virus here but at the same time elongating the spreading.

How do they know this?  A PCR test doesnt give you this type of information.  It seems they just saw whatever they want and nobody is allowed to question.

• Like 2

The best data currently available is for England. From February 1st to July 19th:

Alpha variant: 150 436 cases, 1614 deaths (1,07 %).

Delta: 229218 cases, 460 deaths (0,2 %). 1416 vaccinated inpatients, 2152 unvaccinated inpatients. 289 vaccinated died, 165 unvaccinated, 6 unknown.

Personally I don't see any benefits to take the vaccine anymore. Especially given the much lower fatality rate of delta (45 died under 50y, out of 230K cases) and the number of two dose takers dying vs unvaccinated.

5 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

"A Doomsday COVID Variant Worse Than Delta and Lambda May Be Coming, Scientists Say" ??

https://www.newsweek.com/2021/08/13/doomsday-covid-variant-worse-delta-lambda-may-coming-scientists-say-1615874.html

dowJKJGnload.jPG

Yup, one puff & you get permanent brain damage - or so my teacher at school told us.

If anyone is unable to see how this whole Covid thing is being used, to whip us up into a frenzy...then I don't know what to say.

IMG_20210805_052028.png

Edited by Faraday
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, BookShe said:

As already stated by others, India is dirty, crowded and has a terrible medical system for the ordinary people - in such a place the infections will grow rapidly.  Plus India was the world's leading manufacturer of vaccines prior to Covid, and when the wave hit inside India they diverted a lot of doses made to their own people. That slowed down supply to the world, but it quickly helped them get it under control - plus of course natural immunities as the herd became infected and recovered - but unfortunately nearly 300 thousand died during that 4-5 month period.