Controversial food delivery only rule faces criticism

Thaiger

Most people understand the need for Covid-19 restrictions and safety protections, but many people are complaining about one questionable restriction that affects anyone who owns a food establishment or indeed eats. Restaurants and their patrons are both miffed about the revision to the dark red zone Covid-19 restrictions that changed from food establishments being open for takeaway only to being open for delivery only. Many see the rule as arbitrary at best and doing more harm than good at worst. While most restaurants had been previously ordered to allow takeaway only, restaurants inside malls had to close completely for 2 […]

The post Controversial food delivery only rule faces criticism appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Food Panda are huge government supporters/sponsors/benefactors !! 

Its a horribly transparent carve up - what shall we talk about now ? 

However the oft criticised Thai youth are on to it and have been deleting the food panda app in their thousands! 

• Like 1

we had this yesterday in Big C, food outlet would not serve people only through delivery. Saw one person waiting, delivery boy turned up took the delivery of those cheesy chip Mr Potato things and- handed it over to the customer, insanity as it just includes another person in the transaction,

Allow customers to order outside main entrance. Then, they wait outside for a restaurant worker to deliver the food to them. Pick up with no mall traffic.

• Like 1

This is just another one of the many rules / restrictions that make absolutely no sense at all and make those who come up withese rules etc. look like complete idiots (which they probably are anyway).

TIT.

• Like 4

Ridiculous. We often take out by order and wait say like with MK for their duck, or like pizza, or like Swensons for to go ice cream. Any and all restaurants and food sellers everywhere in Thailand. To date we have never ordered by APP. Just don’t and won’t do it. Not out speed. Again ridiculous and moronic. Who is the severely brain deceased person responsible for this one? They are making these food delivery services like front line workers and business saviors. Malarkey!

• Like 4

This has nothing to do with covid it has to do with certain companies getting richer and government officials getting thicker envelopes by forcing people to use service to get food from a restaurant 

• Like 4

This is exactly what happened to me at pattaya burger king beach road, soi 13. I looked at the restaurant worker and was told I had to order grab. I told them take a hike and left. Some of the things the government dreams up are beyond ridiculous. Thailand may bounce back in several years, i hope. Never mind that the grab drivers are the worst traffic offenders I have seen. running red lights by going on the opposite side of road, driving down sidewalks to mention a few,

Edited by farangalso
left out a few things
  • Like 1

Makes you wonder whether the clowns who dream up all these crazy restrictions ever stop to think how bloody stupid they are coming up with stupid uneforceable rules.

Somebody somewhere is getting extremely rich out of this nonsense.

• Like 1