Expat arrested on drug charges allegedly claims to be a local “Robin Hood”

Thaiger

A British national arrested in Chiang Mai for allegedly selling drugs apparently claims to be a local “Robin Hood,” using money he obtained from the rich through illegal acts to give to those in need. Reports in Thai media say the man claims to have spent 1 million baht to buy things for children and villagers who have been affected by the Covid-19 pandemic. 38 year old British national Mitash Gavwid Varsani and his girlfriend, 32 year old Siriphon Soonthornchamon, who is a local DJ, allegedly sold cocaine, ecstasy, and marijuana. Officers say the couple made a group on the […]

The post Expat arrested on drug charges allegedly claims to be a local “Robin Hood” appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

That's a good old British surname right there, a bit like Smith, Jones, Brown, I thought I recognised it, :) ?

• Like 3
  • Haha 6

4 minutes ago, Golden-Triangle said:

That's a good old British surname right there, a bit like Smith, Jones, Brown, I thought I recognised it, :) ?

Could have been worse and they nicknamed him Friar Tuck but misspelled it ?

Aye a good old British name Mitash. Why doesn't the reporter state he is Indian with British Descent. Or is it to easy to class him as a Brit.

• Haha 2

16 minutes ago, vlad said:

Aye a good old British name Mitash. Why doesn't the reporter state he is Indian with British Descent. Or is it to easy to class him as a Brit.

But if he was born in the U.K., he’s a British National - let’s not slide down the Thai visa route. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Benroon said:

But if he was born in the U.K., he’s a British National - let’s not slide down the Thai visa route. 

IF he was born in the UK then he is by birthright British, but it's very convenient to be selective with the Nationality of some Indian's, Pakistanis et al. 

Either way, the fictitious Robin Hood was white and heralded from a real place named Locksley. At the end of the day if illicit substances are involved just give him 10 years in the Bangkok Hilton.

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, JTCarius said:

Do you drink?

Is this a splitting hairs question.? I don't know if Paco 'drinks', I do usually cranberry juice but the odd Leo which is sold legally over the counter. Ask your friends/ colleagues the Neurologists or Psychiatrists. Alcohol is only dangerous when abused.

• Like 1
  • Cool 1

I've done some stupid things in my life but I can't even imagine being stupid enough to sell cocaine in Thailand as a foreigner.    I'd put the over under on the length of that career at about three weeks.  And I'd take the under.   

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Paco said:

look him up and throw the key away, i hate drugs

Well, how ironic, considering you're all about rolling your sleeve up for a drug injection. Project much, dope fiend?

Edited by Objectivance

6 minutes ago, KWOG said:

I've done some stupid things in my life but I can't even imagine being stupid enough to sell cocaine in Thailand as a foreigner.    I'd put the over under on the length of that career at about three weeks.  And I'd take the under.   

Haha, yeah they're super efficient at catching the highly capable. ?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Guevara said:

IF he was born in the UK then he is by birthright British, but it's very convenient to be selective with the Nationality of some Indian's, Pakistanis et al. 

Either way, the fictitious Robin Hood was white and heralded from a real place named Locksley. At the end of the day if illicit substances are involved just give him 10 years in the Bangkok Hilton.

Right. And how long would a white Brit or Yank have to live in  India or Pakistan to be an Indian or a Pakistani.  

Til the sun burned out and then some. Indian is allowed to mean something besides...us plus whoever else lands on the beach tomorrow. 

Annnnnyway....

I'm no anti-drug zealot but ten years isn't enough for this guy.  That's maybe what people smuggling sh8t out get.  Selling drugs as a guest in the house, they ought to just take him out back and shoot him.  

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Thaiger said:

A British national arrested in Chiang Mai for allegedly selling drugs apparently claims to be a local “Robin Hood,” using money he obtained from the rich through illegal acts to give to those in need. Reports in Thai media say the man claims to have spent 1 million baht to buy things for children and villagers who have been affected by the Covid-19 pandemic. 38 year old British national Mitash Gavwid Varsani and his girlfriend, 32 year old Siriphon Soonthornchamon, who is a local DJ,

Surely she should be Maid Marian then .. and where's Little John and the band of merry men , eh , eh .. if he really was a Robin Hood then we need the shooting an apple off the top of a kids head with a longbow to confirm as it's just too easy to lay claim to a middle ages folky hero living in a forest nowadays .. 

Edited by Dedinbed
Sp

How come no one on this site has mentioned the Thai woman who was selling them with the British man and was also arrested?

Most of the comments have been about whether the man is a real British person or an Indian etc, is that not classed as going 'off topic'?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Thaiger said:

allegedly sold cocaine

you can get coke in CM

Why didn't somebody tell me that. Honestly people, what do I pay you for? 

• Haha 5

5 hours ago, Dedinbed said:

If he really was a Robin Hood then we need the shooting an apple off the top of a kids head with a longbow to confirm

It was William Tell who according to legend who shot an apple from his son's head using his crossbow way back in 1307

5 hours ago, JamesR said:

How come no one on this site has mentioned the Thai woman who was selling them with the British man and was also arrested?

Most of the comments have been about whether the man is a real British person or an Indian etc, is that not classed as going 'off topic'?

It's only 50% off topic then, innit.

woo-woo-dats-da-sound-of-da-police.jpg

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, JamesR said:

Because the commenters are British.

I didn't believe the "Robin Hood" claims, that he sold the drugs to help people and children in poor villages. I don't know who he thought that would impress.

Doesn't impress me.

11 hours ago, Benroon said:

Who does he support when India plays England at the Oval???

3 hours ago, Rasputin said:

It was William Tell who according to legend who shot an apple from his son's head using his crossbow way back in 1307

And as he is a German speaking Swiss it is written Wilhelm Tell!