Fantasy Premier League 2021-22

Andrew Reeve

46 minutes ago, King Cotton said:
1 hour ago, BigHewer said:

Big games coming up tonight… I’ve made my first “risky” captain pick. 

So come on Leeds! A goal and an assist for Raphinha please 🤩

Yes, I see the riskiness there, @BigHewer, with Leeds, albeit at home, against a fairly feisty Wolves squad of late . . . but do please remind me not to 'tch-tch', if Gray out-scores him. As you'll recall from LMS, I'm pretty sure Everton are going to turn Watford over 🤭!

And spare a thought for poor KC, with 4 top-performing captain picks, two of 'em, Chilwell and Townsend, at home to the struggling Norwich and Watford, whilst both Antonio, with WHU at-home to Spurs and Toney, at-home to Leics, were also 'asking' for the arm-band. I took the less-exciting approach, i.e. recent form as against exciting play, and gave it to Chilwell.

So, like the rest of The Aficionados, we've both got fingers tightly crossed!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, King Cotton said:

Yes, I see the riskiness there, @BigHewer, with Leeds, albeit at home, against a fairly feisty Wolves squad of late . . . but do please remind me not to 'tch-tch', if Gray out-scores him. As you'll recall from LMS, I'm pretty sure Everton are going to turn Watford over 🤭!

I don’t mind if Gray gets a good points haul, KC. It’s Salah I’m now worried about because everyone around me seems to be captaining him. He’s in my team, but I’m hoping for a blank. Strange game, this FPL…

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, BigHewer said:

I don’t mind if Gray gets a good points haul, KC. It’s Salah I’m now worried about because everyone around me seems to be captaining him. He’s in my team, but I’m hoping for a blank. Strange game, this FPL…

Yes, just what sort of game will United give them tomorrow? . . . There's simply no telling with Utd, lately and your Salah uncertainty is more than warranted, I'm sure.

• Like 1

On 10/23/2021 at 7:37 PM, BigHewer said:

It’s Salah I’m now worried about because everyone around me seems to be captaining him. He’s in my team, but I’m hoping for a blank.

So much for that! 24 points… The worst possible week to get experimental with captaincy picks. 

Right Raphinha, as punishment you’re getting transferred out! 😡

• Like 1
  • Cool 1

That's Game-week 9 done & dusted, this one more than notable for six scores of 70+, a few deeply regretted captaincy picks - and the less said about that the better, eh @BigHewer! - and another new member (another anonymous one), playing under the name of FC Mandanga, whose 86 score has put them straight into 7th place . . . another team to be watched, for sure!

Anyway, here are the updated numbers . . .

Member I/D Gameweek       9   total    PP   GW9 chips
1   Athletico Pathetico X 92 611     4  
2 BigHewer Pasar Rebo FC X 76 599    
3 Benroon Inter MiNan XX 81 588    
4   ILL-Tempered SeaBass X 78 574     4  
5   As Above So Below XXXX 47 503    
6   Maximum characters   84 501    
7   FC Mandanga X 86 489    
8 spicy_girl Oi Oi Team   52 455    
9 Slacker77 The vikings X 66 451    
10   Tottenham Krian XXXX 37 432    
11   DON FC XX 33 403    
12 King Cotton Wonnaplay Wednesday X 49 397     4  
13 Lowseasonlover Rawai FC X 64 377    
14   Milly puzzy kat   56 345    16  
15 Poolie Guangxi United   63 322    

CHIPS PLAYED PP = latest transfer points deducted
    BB = Bench Boost played X        
    TC = Triple Captain played X        
    FH = Free Hit played X        
    WC = Wild Card played X        

• Haha 1

What a disaster of a game week. The less said, the better. I certainly wouldn’t want to have had too many Man United players in my line-up, and certainly wouldn’t want to have captained a certain Leeds midfielder. 😡 In a departure from the regular wrap-up, I’m only posting the top 5 this week, because Pasar Rebo FC don’t deserve any accolades(!). Game week top 5 in full (score, overall ranking, number of game weeks won)

1. Athletico Pathetico (92, #1, 3)

2. FC Mandanga (86, #7)

3. Maximum Characters (84, #6, 1)

4. Inter MiNan (81, #3, 1)

5. ILL Tempered Sea Bass (78, #4)

And finally, manager of the week goes to Phil Brown, 2008. I feel you brother, I feel you.

• Cool 1

26 minutes ago, BigHewer said:

1. Athletico Pathetico (92, #1, 3)

2. FC Mandanga (86, #7)

3. Maximum Characters (84, #6, 1)

4. Inter MiNan (81, #3, 1)

5. ILL Tempered Sea Bass (78, #4)

Wow, just look at Athletico Pathetico (92, #1, 3)!  Talk about inspired squad selection; as if Salah's 48-pts weren't sufficient, AP fields a back-three who score a further 28-pts between them . . . genius is a better word for that W9 team-selection!

I plan to spend the rest of the day, looking into AP's entire 15-bunch . . . I'm bound to learn a thing or two😏

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, BigHewer said:

What a disaster of a game week. The less said, the better. I certainly wouldn’t want to have had too many Man United players in my line-up, and certainly wouldn’t want to have captained a certain Leeds midfielder. 😡 In a departure from the regular wrap-up, I’m only posting the top 5 this week, because Pasar Rebo FC don’t deserve any accolades(!).

Now, now, @BigHewer, things 'll mend soon, as one of your Aussie pals happily sings . . .

Uplifting, eh?

• Haha 1

45 minutes ago, King Cotton said:

Wow, just look at Athletico Pathetico (92, #1, 3)!  Talk about inspired squad selection; as if Salah's 48-pts weren't sufficient, AP fields a back-three who score a further 28-pts between them . . . genius is a better word for that W9 team-selection!

I plan to spend the rest of the day, looking into AP's entire 15-bunch . . . I'm bound to learn a thing or two😏

Hi all. Athletico here. Only found your forum a few weeks back but it's good to be here. Will post on this thread from time to time. Good to 'meet' you all. As to KC's comments, 'Genius' is the last word I'd use to describe my recent transfers so be careful! Made two transfers this week...both got injured and scored a point each. King Mo bailed me out again!🙏

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Athletico said:

Hi all. Athletico here. Only found your forum a few weeks back but it's good to be here. Will post on this thread from time to time. Good to 'meet' you all. As to KC's comments, 'Genius' is the last word I'd use to describe my recent transfers so be careful! Made two transfers this week...both got injured and scored a point each. King Mo bailed me out again!🙏

Welcome AP, deservedly on top 👍🏻

Rueing not captaining MS myself last week.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Athletico said:

Ha-ha and excellent!    Now we know that Athletico Pathetico is new member Athletico . . . and not before time that you came out of hiding. (I'm studying that back-three of yours, now . . . I'll do the rest, after lunch!) And here's another big welcome . . . you've found a good home!

• Like 1

On 10/23/2021 at 7:50 AM, King Cotton said:

Yees me too was sure about Everton ,lol, they had the lead 2 times and then collapsed ,what the  xxxx 

next week against Wolves  , must be a win there or loosing too much distance in the table to the top 4 

anything new about C-L ? 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Slacker77 said:

Yees me too was sure about Everton ,lol, they had the lead 2 times and then collapsed ,what the  xxxx 

next week against Wolves  , must be a win there or loosing too much distance in the table to the top 4 

anything new about C-L ? 

Yes, @Slacker77, wasn't that a shambles . . . both ways for poor old me, having backed them in LMS as well as Fantasy 😥!

Nothing, now, CL-wise till next Tue.  I can't see Everton making the big move into those realms . . . not for a while at least, although a top-6 place, this season wouldn't look amiss, with Ars, WHU, Spurs and Leics all doing better than The Toffees, last time around.

• Like 2

yes KC,

The toffees are like my swedish team Hammarby  they playing really good and winning against the top teams and when they meeting teams from the lower part of the table they loosing or a draw ,can never come up to the top 5 in the table if playing like that , 20 years since they won the leauge now in Sweden,and that was the first time hahaaa but what a  party it was then in Stockholm .

• Haha 2

Wouldn’t you know it… Raphinha gets the chop after a toothless performance as captain and then hauls against the Canaries; West Ham put four past Villa and Antonio blanks. 

The coffee is tasting extra bitter this morning…

• Cool 1

2 hours ago, Lowseasonlover said:

I see Nuno and his coaching staff have given the bullet, after 4 months sacked 

I’d guess Levy already has someone lined up.

• Cool 1

14 hours ago, BigHewer said:

I’d guess Levy already has someone lined up.

I hear tell Conte has been given an 18 mth contract, with comment that Levy may be even looking towards that completing, before looking at re-assigning Poch . . . who'd want to be a £12M a year footy manager eh?

• Like 2

Good morning, fellow Fantasists!    Some 'big', as in surprising, GW10 scores have given us a few moves up and down the table as hereunder.

Member I/D                             Gameweek      10   total    PP   gw10 chips
1   Athletico Pathetico X 49 660    
2 BigHewer Pasar Rebo FC X 53 652    
3 Benroon Inter MiNan XX 48 636    
4   ILL-Tempered SeaBass X 49 623    
5   FC Mandanga X 68 557    
6   Maximum characters   30 527     4  
7 spicy_girl Oi Oi Team   66 521    
8   As Above So Below XXXX 24 515    12  
9 Slacker77 The vikings X 21 472    
10   DON FC XX 57 460    
11   Tottenham Krian XXXX 21 453    
12 King Cotton Wonnaplay Wednesday X 51 448    
13 Lowseasonlover Rawai FC X 57 434    
14   Milly puzzy kat   28 373    
15 Poolie Guangxi United   43 365    

FH = Free Hit played X        
    WC = Wild Card played X        

I'm thinking of buying a dummy, so that if I don't figure better than #12 next week, you can guess what I'll do with it. Truth is, there are just too many good performers in this TT league 🙄!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, King Cotton said:

Good morning, fellow Fantasists!    Some 'big', as in surprising, GW10 scores have given us a few moves up and down the table as hereunder.

Member I/D                             Gameweek      10   total    PP   gw10 chips
1 Athletico Athletico Pathetico X 49 660    
2 BigHewer Pasar Rebo FC X 53 652    
3 Benroon Inter MiNan XX 48 636    
4   ILL-Tempered SeaBass X 49 623    
5   FC Mandanga X 68 557    
6   Maximum characters   30 527     4  
7 spicy_girl Oi Oi Team   66 521    
8   As Above So Below XXXX 24 515    12  
9 Slacker77 The vikings X 21 472    
10   DON FC XX 57 460    
11   Tottenham Krian XXXX 21 453    
12 King Cotton Wonnaplay Wednesday X 51 448    
13 Lowseasonlover Rawai FC X 57 434    
14   Milly puzzy kat   28 373    
15 Poolie Guangxi United   43 365    

FH = Free Hit played X        
    WC = Wild Card played X        

I'm thinking of buying a dummy, so that if I don't figure better than #12 next week, you can guess what I'll do with it. Truth is, there are just too many good performers in this TT league 🙄!

Just a note re the above table; I must apologise to our latest member @Athleticofor having omitted to enter them on the chart . . . now added! Also a good time to point out that we are now (10/38) just over quarter-way through the season, so everything still to play for during the coming 7 months.

Happy fantasising!

KC

• Like 1

7 hours ago, King Cotton said:

Also a good time to point out that we are now (10/38) just over quarter-way through the season, so everything still to play for during the coming 7 months.

Indeed KC and nicely done once again with the update. AP still on top but some interesting moves in the top half. 

Onto the next Game Week ahead of the international break ⚽

• Like 1

Game Week 11 underway and getting tight at the top of the TT League, with just 31 points separating the top four teams. 

This week is shaping up as a “Battle of the Captains”, with no less than ten different captains among our 15 players. Selected captain (number of picks):

Salah (3), Smith-Rowe (2), Aubameyang (2), Chilwell (2), Son (1), Ronaldo (1), Toney (1), Dias (1), Maguire (1) and Mane (1).

Who’s going to come out on top? I’m on Salah this week, but a bit worried about Aubameyang 🧐

Let’s see…

• Cool 1

On 11/6/2021 at 6:37 AM, BigHewer said:

but a bit worried about Aubameyang

Dunno why mate....missed pen, carded, and caused two goals to be chalked off for offside. A real Captain's performance! 🙄

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, Athletico said:

Dunno why mate....missed pen, carded, and caused two goals to be chalked off for offside. A real Captain's performance! 🙄

I thought my Raphinha pick last week was bad, it gets worse 🤨

I’m sure you’ll bounce back, AP. Getting tight at the top. Just 8 points separating the top 4!

• Like 1
  • Cool 1