Fantasy Premier League 2021-22

Andrew Reeve

16 minutes ago, King Cotton said:

Talk about learning by experience; there was me assuming that West Ham's Antonio's red card (2-weeks ago) would get him at least a 2-game ban and making a totally compromised transfer, only to discover, yesterday, that he was on The Hammers' team sheet and then transferring him in and transferring-out that poor Brighton dude who will now not so much as step onto the green of my carefully mowed pitch.

'Bollocks' was the word that first came to mind for this valuable learning experience, but I DO hope that all you other Fantasists will award me an extra 4 notional points, come Monday's final scores, being as they are truly educational . . . no?    Okay . . . just that rude B-word again!

I think that the rules are that if you get a straight  red card for a dangerous tackle or for violence, then its a three game ban .

If you get two yellow cards and thus a Red , two yellow cards for say handball and a foul , then its a one game ban  

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Fluke said:

I think that the rules are that if you get a straight  red card for a dangerous tackle or for violence, then its a three game ban .

If you get two yellow cards and thus a Red , two yellow cards for say handball and a foul , then its a one game ban  

What about accumulated points ?

• Cool 1

6 minutes ago, Lowseasonlover said:

Yes, good question. I'm not sure why, but a 5-yellows aggregate, over a defined period or number of games comes to my mind. I'll Google it and report back, maybe!

Cheers!

KC

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, King Cotton said:

Yes, good question. I'm not sure why, but a 5-yellows aggregate, over a defined period or number of games comes to my mind. I'll Google it and report back, maybe!

Cheers!

KC

It works on the following principles: Five yellows accumulated before match week 19 results in a one-match ban. Ten yellows accumulated by week 32 will result in a two-match ban. Fifteen yellows by week 38 means a three-match ban.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Lowseasonlover said:

Its a one game ban if you receive five yellow cards before 19 games have been played , ten yellows before 32 games have been played is a two match ban and 15 yellows before 38 games have ben played is a 3 match ban 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, King Cotton said:
17 minutes ago, Lowseasonlover said:

Cheers!

KC

Yes, that 5-yellows rationale does apply, as hereunder, but this may be a couple of years out-of-date . . .

The current rules this season stipulate that any player accumulating a certain number of yellow cards will face disciplinary action in the form of match bans. It  works on the following principles:

Five yellows accumulated before match week 19 results in a one-match ban.

Ten yellows accumulated by week 32 will result in a two-match ban.

Fifteen yellows by week 38 means a three-match ban.

Twenty yellows in a season can result in the Regulatory Commission punishing the player in a manner that they deem to be most fitting.

Generally, the suspensions laid out above refer to league matches only, not tournaments.

8 minutes ago, Fluke said:

Its a one game ban if you receive five yellow cards before 19 games have been played , ten yellows before 32 games have been played is a two match ban and 15 yellows before 38 games have ben played is a 3 match ban 

Ha-ha, @Fluke and @Lowseasonlover. . . you both beat me to the draw!

Cheers!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, King Cotton said:

Talk about learning by experience; there was me assuming that West Ham's Antonio's red card (2-weeks ago) would get him at least a 2-game ban and making a totally compromised transfer, only to discover, yesterday, that he was on The Hammers' team sheet and then transferring him in and transferring-out that poor Brighton dude that never even saw the green of my carefully mowed pitch.

West Ham away to Leeds, yes I think it may be worth the 4-point hit. This could be your week, KC!

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, King Cotton said:

Twenty yellows in a season can result in the Regulatory Commission punishing the player in a manner that they deem to be most fitting

E.g. by hanging him from the league winner's crossbar at the final game-end and having their 5 top-scorers each take 10 attempts from the pen-spot to hit him where it hurts . . . yeah, that should do it!

I'm a peaceable sort of guy, except when it comes to habitual card-accruing . . . Pogba, for example (:-)

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, King Cotton said:

Ha-ha, @Fluke and @Lowseasonlover. . . you both beat me to the draw!

Cheers!

I think if the team accrue a certain amount of yellow cards in a game the club also get fined, not sure if thats true these days

• Like 1

Just now, Lowseasonlover said:

I think if the team accrue a certain amount of yellow cards in a game the club also get fined, not sure if thats true these days

Yes, I think that its 6 yellows , if a team gets six yellows in one game a Club will get charged with failing to control its players and the F.A will fine the Club and have a big p*ss-up at Christmas using the money 

• Like 1
  • Cool 1

12 minutes ago, King Cotton said:

E.g. by hanging him from the league winner's crossbar at the final game-end and having their 5 top-scorers each take 10 attempts from the pen-spot to hit him where it hurts . . . yeah, that should do it!

I'm a peaceable sort of guy, except when it comes to habitual card-accruing . . . Pogba, for example (:-)

He's had 3 already this season but there is a few players on 3, the worst club is Wolves with 13 yellow cards just in 5 games 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Lowseasonlover said:

He's had 3 already this season but there is a few players on 3, the worst club is Wolves with 13 yellow cards just in 5 games 

21 minutes ago, Lowseasonlover said:

the worst club is Wolves

Appropriately named, methinks!

• Like 2

Well well well… one game to go and our league has a new mystery member DON FC, making his debut at #7. 

That must sting a bit for teams ranked #8 and below…

• Cool 1

5 hours ago, BigHewer said:

Well well well… one game to go and our league has a new mystery member DON FC, making his debut at #7. 

That must sting a bit for teams ranked #8 and below…

Cheers, @BigHewer . . . I just needed that incidental point slipping in (:-) and I've squeezed DON FC into my Excel, all ready for tomorrow morning's big update!

I can only hope that both Zaha and Trossard score a rake of goals apiece, this evening . . . some hopes, eh?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, King Cotton said:

I can only hope that both Zaha and Trossard score a rake of goals apiece, this evening . . . some hopes, eh?

A hat trick for Trossard with Bissouma providing all three assists. Yes please!

• Like 1

Good morning, All!

As you may have spotted from the official Fantasy Football League website, our Thaiger Talk league has bagged a new member, DON FC, whose TT identity is still a mystery.

But mystery or otherwise, they are clearly a force to be reckoned with, coming straight into the league, after game-week 6 results, at position #7 and ever-so-kindly putting my WW squad down another notch . . . thanks for that, DON FC (:-).

Here are the updated league points, but I've needed to limit them to the latest GW points due to space limitations. I have added members' Chip usage, too, so now we can see who has used their Bench Boost or Wild Card, etc.

Gameweek       6 total
1 Athletico Pathetico X 41 424
2 Pasar Rebo FC X 43 418
3 ILL-Tempered SeaBass   47 396
5 As Above So Below XXXX 34 396
4 Inter MiNan X 59 391
6 Oi Oi Team   47 322
7 DON FC XX 46 317
8 Maximum characters   36 312
9 Tottenham Krian XXXX 47 304
10 Wonnaplay Wednesday X 45 295
11 The vikings X 49 273
12 Milly puzzy kat   33 267
13 Rawai FC X 41 231
14 Guangxi United   38 191

Transfer points deducted

CHIPS PLAYED      
  BB = Bench Boost played X    
  TC = Triple Captain played X    
  FH = Free Hit played X    
  WC = Wild Card played X    

• Like 2

Great post KC and the chip usage is very interesting. I wonder what Dr.Evil is plotting with his SeaBass in rank#3.

And welcome DON FC. There’s a chap 22 points behind you watching your every transfer move :)

• Haha 1

Some interesting moves in Gameweek 6, with Ronaldo, Lukaku and Fernandes  all drawing blanks. A new member, a first-time Gameweek winner, and Athletico Pathetico still top of the pops.

GameWeek 6 Top 8 in full (GW points, overall # ranking for the season, total gameweeks won)

1. Inter MiNan (59, #5, 1)

2. Wonnaplay Wednesday (53, #10)

3. The Vikings (49, #11)

4. ILL Tempered Sea Bass (47, #3)

4. Oi Oi Team (47, #6)

4. Tottenham Krian (47, #9)

7. DON FC (46, #7)

8. Pasar Rebo FC (43, #2, 1)

Onward to gameweek 7!

• Like 2

23 hours ago, BigHewer said:

3. The Vikings (49, #11)

4. Oi Oi Team (47, #6)

7. DON FC (46, #7)

Yay!! Oi Oi Team is on the list! We are going to win! :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 9/28/2021 at 10:02 AM, BigHewer said:

Some interesting moves in Gameweek 6, with Ronaldo, Lukaku and Fernandes  all drawing blanks. A new member, a first-time Gameweek winner, and Athletico Pathetico still top of the pops.

GameWeek 6 Top 8 in full (GW points, overall # ranking for the season, total gameweeks won)

3. The Vikings (49, #11)

4. Oi Oi Team (47, #6)

7. DON FC (46, #7)

Onward to gameweek 7!

Hi, @BigHewer!   Been offline with a BB connection failure for nearly 2-days, but your extra info can only be good for our developing TT league.

All things considered, with my #2 game-week ranking, albeit at the expense of a few expensive transfer points, I'm now at that 'between a shovel and a spade' point as to where to go from here. As I get 1 tick here, I always seem to get 2 ticks there . . . a psycho scenario that, it would appear, our table-toppling hierarchy haven't suffered . . . yet!!

OK, thinking-cap on for the next 3 days and we'll see where that takes us!

Best wishes, all!

KC

• Thanks 1

On 9/29/2021 at 11:49 PM, King Cotton said:

As I get 1 tick here, I always seem to get 2 ticks there . . . a psycho scenario that, it would appear, our table-toppling hierarchy haven't suffered . . . yet!!

And now as we move on to Gameweek 7, my frustrations are yours. Feeling a tad uneasy about the next couple of game weeks… so many questions:

Time to get rid of Fernandes?

Will Ronaldo blank again?

How long will Alexander-Arnold be injured?

How long until Antonio gets injured?

Why is Lukaku being bought by so many punters after blanking twice in a row? 

Why so little faith in Toney?

Is it time to buy Jimenez?

Who will Dr.Evil transfer in this week?

Just eight of the dozens of questions keeping me awake on a Friday night…

Good luck to all(… sort of!)

• Like 1

On 10/1/2021 at 8:42 PM, BigHewer said:

And now as we move on to Gameweek 7, my frustrations are yours. Feeling a tad uneasy about the next couple of game weeks… so many questions:

Time to get rid of Fernandes?

Will Ronaldo blank again?

How long will Alexander-Arnold be injured?

How long until Antonio gets injured?

Why is Lukaku being bought by so many punters after blanking twice in a row? 

Why so little faith in Toney?

Is it time to buy Jimenez?

Who will Dr.Evil transfer in this week?

Just eight of the dozens of questions keeping me awake on a Friday night…

Good luck to all(… sort of!)

Yes, valid questions, all of 'em!   Why do we put ourselves through this torment each game-week, other than for the sheer unpredictability of FPL? . . . Utterly addictive, that's why we do it . . . no?

Anyway, for good or bad here are the GW7 stats, with 2 stunningly good scores shooting Inter MiNan and The vikings up the league and 2 surprisingly low scores taking As Above So Below and FC DON down a peg, and not before time, I might quietly add (:-).

But I'll let our TT league skipper, @BigHewer, do the rest of the talking . . . which I know he enjoys!

Gameweek       7  total   PP  GW7 chips  
1 Athletico Pathetico X 40 464    4    
2 Pasar Rebo FC X 46 464      
4 Inter MiNan XX 56 447       X  
3 ILL-Tempered SeaBass X 49 445       X  
5 As Above So Below XXXX 16 412      
6 Oi Oi Team   40 362      
9 Tottenham Krian XXXX 48 352      
7 DON FC XX 22 339      
8 Maximum characters   26 338    4    
11 The vikings X 58 331      
10 Wonnaplay Wednesday X 30 325      
12 Milly puzzy kat   20 287      
13 Rawai FC X 29 260      
14 Guangxi United   33 224      

PP = latest transfer penalty points deducted

CHIPS PLAYED            
  BB = Bench Boost played X          
  TC = Triple Captain played X          
  FH = Free Hit played X          
  WC = Wild Card played X          

• Like 1

Great statistical wrap as usual @King Cottonafter another interesting game week. I see from your data that Dr. Evil used his wildcard at last. Are the SeaBass on the move?

Ronaldo, Lukaku, Antonio all firing blanks, Alexander-Arnold out injured and Alonso back to his usual FPL form (i.e zero points and sat on the bench).

Big congrats to the vikings, who blew us all away to win the week! Another strong week from Inter MiNan too, a team starting to worry me.

Gameweek 7 Top 8 in full (GW points, overall # ranking for the season, total gameweeks won)

1. The Vikings (58, #10, 1)

2. Inter MiNan (56, #3, 1)

3. ILL Tempered Sea Bass (49, #4)

4. Tottenham Krian (48, #7)

5. Pasar Rebo FC (46, #1, 1)

6. Athletico Pathetico (44, #1, 2)

7. Oi Oi Team (40, #6)

8. Guangxi United (33, #14)

Onto week 8!

• Like 2

On 10/4/2021 at 6:12 AM, BigHewer said:

Great statistical wrap as usual @King Cottonafter another interesting game week. I see from your data that Dr. Evil used his wildcard at last. Are the SeaBass on the move?

Ronaldo, Lukaku, Antonio all firing blanks, Alexander-Arnold out injured and Alonso back to his usual FPL form (i.e zero points and sat on the bench).

Big congrats to the vikings, who blew us all away to win the week! Another strong week from Inter MiNan too, a team starting to worry me.

Gameweek 7 Top 8 in full (GW points, overall # ranking for the season, total gameweeks won)

1. The Vikings (58, #10, 1)

2. Inter MiNan (56, #3, 1)

3. ILL Tempered Sea Bass (49, #4)

4. Tottenham Krian (48, #7)

5. Pasar Rebo FC (46, #1, 1)

6. Athletico Pathetico (44, #1, 2)

7. Oi Oi Team (40, #6)

8. Guangxi United (33, #14)

Onto week 8!

That was about time the Vikings did some scoring ,thanks for the grats BigHewer 

2 weeks resting now ,welll then we can do some thinking about the teams 

good luck all :)

• Like 1
  • Cool 1