Fantasy Premier League 2021-22

Andrew Reeve

7 hours ago, BigHewer said:

. I had a wee look at the 8 teams in our league and one team stands out: ILL-Tempered SeaBass… very good FPL pedigree. I think he/she might be the one to watch…

I'm confused - you can't see anyone elses team until the season kicks off - can you ?

9 hours ago, Benroon said:

I'm confused - you can't see anyone elses team until the season kicks off - can you ?

You’re quite correct. But we can see each other’s past season final scores and rankings. 

• Cool 1

Wouldn’t it be nice if TT stumped up a small prize for the winner ? ??

The more on board the more will be logging in, the more the numbers go up, the happier the advertisers would be, the happier the campers are blah blah blah 

just saying like ……

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Benroon said:

Wouldn’t it be nice if TT stumped up a small prize for the winner ? ??

The more on board the more will be logging in, the more the numbers go up, the happier the advertisers would be, the happier the campers are blah blah blah 

just saying like ……

Now there’s an idea, Benroon, I like it!

What would the prize be? One of Tim Newton’s aloha shirts? That’d get the punters in for sure.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Lowseasonlover said:

How many teams are allowed in the league?

I think the limit is 10,000. At this stage we have 10 :)

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 8/11/2021 at 10:59 AM, BigHewer said:

Here's how they look before the action and what was Craig saying about 'being rubbish at it'?

Hmm . . . looks like Craig and Dr Evil are going to be the ones to watch, methinks.

20-21 season
  Player Team  points position
1 Dr Evil ! ILL-Tempered SeaBass 2314 307614
2 Craig Hewer Pasar Rebo FC 2240 657488
3 David Pilkington Wonnaplay Wednesday 2048 2167523
4 Simon Gratland Inter MiNan 1955 3053293
5 Miss Mildred Milly puzzy kat 1937 3231844
6 Alan Owl Maximum characters 1836 4180058
7 Muhamad Fatih Rusydi Tottenham Krian 1683 5415594
8 Johann Bachmann As Above So Below 1232 7444495
9 Sudsrung Srijinda Rawai FC n/a n/a
10 Anna Kristiani Oi Oi Team n/a n/a
11 Kevin Rafferty Guangxi United n/a n/a

Edited by King Cotton
Updated to 11 players
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, BigHewer said:
7 hours ago, Lowseasonlover said:

How many teams are allowed in the league?

I dare say I'd have guessed similar. In fact last season, as the numbers on my below post will show, there must have been well over 7 million. Boy has the FPL become popular . . . great sport though!

14 minutes ago, King Cotton said:

I dare say I'd have guessed similar. In fact last season, as the numbers on my below post will show, there must have been well over 7 million. Boy has the FPL become popular . . . great sport though!

It becomes totally obsessive - I've received several verbal warnings from various bosses and wives for spending too much time staring at my team ! ? I've stared at it for over an hour today already haha (I had Robertson in so that was a good start - NOT!).

I love the completely random cup though where you can be drawn against someone the other side of the planet, or next door - this season everyone is in, it used to be the top 3 million in week 18 or something like that so no need to fret that week now ! 

How's the TT prize suggestion coming along ?

• Like 2

23 hours ago, King Cotton said:

Here's how they look before the action and what was Craig saying about 'being rubbish at it'?

Hmm . . . looks like Craig and Dr Evil are going to be the ones to watch, methinks.

I guess if you look at it that way, it’s not so bad. I just figured so many people finished ahead of me. More than the entire population of Phuket. Just saying like… I’d be worried about the three first-timers. Going to be interesting.

Just wondering, which Thaiger Talk member is Dr. Evil? Living in a bunker on James Bond island a la Scaramanga in The Man with the Golden Gun?

20-21 season

Edited by King Cotton
Updated to 11 players
  • Haha 1

30 minutes ago, Benroon said:

(I had Robertson in so that was a good start - NOT!).

Robertson was one of my star performers for most of last season. But now I've lost The Reds; my boy has grabbed them and left me with his City chums . . . could be worse, I guess.

And, with City now being one of my 10 clubs, you can guess which 'Breaking News' I watch for every morning. I'm just hoping that their Grealish purchase hasn't put Kane on hold for a season or two. I can't see Levy shifting from his 'no-play' stance . . . sadly. With Aguero now gone, Harry and KDB (or Gundogan) would have looked good together.

Edited by King Cotton
Omission
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, Benroon said:

I love the completely random cup though where you can be drawn against someone the other side of the planet, or next door - this season everyone is in, it used to be the top 3 million in week 18 or something like that so no need to fret that week now ! 

How's the TT prize suggestion coming along ?

Yeah the cup is good fun for sure. They’re having two cups this season: Fantasy Cup from around game week 16 or 17, then a League Cup with just the Thaiger Talk players from game week 34 or 35.

I’m looking at getting a trophy knocked up for the winner of our league. Any ideas from the moderators on prize suggestions? 

17 minutes ago, King Cotton said:

Robertson was one of my star performers for most of last season. But now I've lost The Reds; my boy has grabbed them and left me with his City chums . . . could be worse, I guess.

And, with City now being one of my 10 clubs, you can guess which 'Breaking News' I watch for every morning. I'm just hoping that their Grealish purchase hasn't put Kane on hold for a season or two. I can't see Levy shifting from his 'no-play' stance . . . sadly. With Aguero now gone, Harry and KDB (or Gundogan) would have looked good together.

Before I sat down to pick my team,  I thought I was done with Liverpool. Stuck with them all last season and got burnt. Now here we are again, fresh start and I have three players from one team and one player from twelve other teams (without giving too much away). Guess which club I picked three from? (again)

• Haha 1

On 8/11/2021 at 5:50 PM, King Cotton said:

20-21 season

Player list now updated to 11 members . . . excellent!

And the action starts at 2AM, Thai time, Saturday (i.e. 8PM Friday, UK time), but make sure you've got your squads entered 90 minutes before that, that is by 0:30AM. Maybe safer that we get them in before lights-out tomorrow Friday evening, just to be sure!

Good luck everyone and remember . . . no diving!

Edited by King Cotton
Omission
  • Like 2

Ive just realised Ive got a player who is not in England yet, do I remove him? I'll get the hang of this soon

2 hours ago, Lowseasonlover said:

Ive just realised Ive got a player who is not in England yet, do I remove him? I'll get the hang of this soon

If the player is one of those listed on the 'Transfer' page when you put your squad together, then you can select him for your squad. But if, as you say, he's not in England yet and is still not available to play on match day (UK Fri, Sat or Sun), then the clever FPL system will make an automatic substitution, replacing the absent guy with one of your benched players.

So no probs there and I had to smile at you not giving the player's name away . . . all very hush-hush!

Best of luck, over the weekend . . . I'm on a buzz, already!

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, King Cotton said:

If the player is one of those listed on the 'Transfer' page when you put your squad together, then you can select him for your squad. But if, as you say, he's not in England yet and is still not available to play on match day (UK Fri, Sat or Sun), then the clever FPL system will make an automatic substitution, replacing the absent guy with one of your benched players.

So no probs there and I had to smile at you not giving the player's name away . . . all very hush-hush!

Best of luck, over the weekend . . . I'm on a buzz, already!

555 That wasn't intentional it does leave the field wide open as to who is not in the UK at the moment 

31 minutes ago, Lowseasonlover said:

it does leave the field wide open as to who is not in the UK at the moment 

Yes, but surely, with it only being about 18 hrs from kick-off, there won't be many such absentee players. Most, if not all, players and clubs will have made sure of that, with it being such a key point of the season.

If any of the sports news sources that you're able to use (see* below) make special mention of any Premier League players who are NOT expected to return to the UK for a week or two, just don't select them for now and maybe make changes to your squad later, when the absent player/s have returned. You're allowed to make transfers to your squad, every game-week - one per week without penalty points deduction and additional ones at a 4pt penalty apiece.

Does that help your situation? (:-)

* Here's the link to the BBC sports site that I use . . .

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football

Edited by King Cotton
Addition
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Lowseasonlover said:

555 That wasn't intentional it does leave the field wide open as to who is not in the UK at the moment 

Buuuut . . . . if you're wondering if Mr L will be playing for club C on Saturday . . . the answer is NO!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

It might be a good time to post some info on transfers to help the new folks out. 

The 15 players in your squad are by no means fixed. You can transfer in and out an unlimited number of players before the Gameweek 1 deadline. After that, you get one free transfer per round. If you make no transfers in one week, you get two free transfers the following week. If you make extra transfers beyond your free allotment, it'll cost you four points per transfer.

Here's a step by step guide for doing a transfer (no peeking at the team):

1. Click the 'Transfers' tab in the top menu.1145319299_TFStep1.thumb.jpg.45e23bb9433d9b92ead48f715717f70e.jpg

2. Click the player you want to get rid of and then click 'Remove player'.1624372906_TFStep2.thumb.jpg.0059c1412d5aef49d101fbcef4c4d7bc.jpg

3. Click 'Player list' at the top right of the screen, then find and click on the player you want.2111649357_TFStep3.thumb.jpg.ef83deeab97056f2989b4f37e11e59ae.jpg

4. Click 'Add player' then 'Make transfers'.1256470409_TFStep4.thumb.jpg.22a484da6d6d69bf95f191eaafb2e593.jpg964287272_TFStep5.thumb.jpg.7598128a72eaaefea927849f0905fd5f.jpg

5. Double check the points deduction (in this case zero) and then click 'Confirm Transfers'.1549461871_TFStep6.thumb.jpg.782f77797bc437e9e12a6c4bf23b25b8.jpg

• Like 2