Vaccine updates for expats; hospital extends hours to accelerate vaccinations

Thaiger

In an effort to accelerate the rollout of vaccines and prevent overcrowding at inculcation centres, MedPark Hospital in Bangkok is opening up vaccination appointments after business hours until August 9 as part of its “Going the Extra Mile, Extra Hours” campaign. The extended hours are from 6pm to 10pm. MedPark Hospital is participating in the ThailandIntervac project by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Public Health Ministry, an immunisation programme focused on incolucating priority groups in high-risk areas. The priority groups include foreign residents who are 60 years old and above, those with one of the specified underlying conditions, and […]

The post Vaccine updates for expats; hospital extends hours to accelerate vaccinations appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

1 Hospital in Khon Kaen, 1 in Chonburi...and all others in Bangkok.

Not one hospital in the North or South of the country.

This lack of consideration and organization is becoming more frustrating by the day.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, TrangGreg said:

So still only the Bangkok and surrounding areas.

No where else is considered important in this government's eyes.

So are you telling me after i got a success email that if i am offered a slot for a 1st dose, it will only be in BKK OR CHON BURI a lot of good that would be to me me in nakhon ratchasima, i'm not risking travelling to highly infected zones for it, no bloody way.

• Like 2

To be fair, the Sriracha option only became available late last week, I have been fortunate in as much as I  have an appointment for next week, I have been registered with about 5 different apps/sites before finally being called forward.

• Like 2

If for me in Korat and that's the only options open bkk or c.b and i get a slot they can give it to someone else, that's just B.S.?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MrStretch said:

1 Hospital in Khon Kaen, 1 in Chonburi...and all others in Bangkok.

Not one hospital in the North or South of the country.

This lack of consideration and organization is becoming more frustrating by the day.

yeah you not the only one, it annoys me a lot they only do Bangkok, should have done first the other places where there is not much Covid, once we get a dose in Chiang Rai, probably no Pfizer available anymore and the AstraZeneca and Sinovac i am absolutely not going to take with my Diabetic issue, to many reports about these with people with diabetic

If they expect expats from all other provinces to travel to bkk or .c.b they are shooting  themselves in the foot, they are trying to discourage travelling to stop the spread , but still expect people to risk travelling to highly infectious zones for a Jab, and then risk getting infected and spreading the virus again back in their own provinces ,and do it all again when you need the 2nd Jab. Why don't they check their database see how many foreigners are registered in each province and supply hospitals with the vaccines to vaccinate the foreigners within their own provinces eliminating risky travel. I just hope i have got all this wrong  and what i have been reading is just a bad dream.?

• Like 2

Apparently a lot of people have a hard time understanding what "private hospital" means.

It means it is not a "government" hospital.

It is a hospital that is owned by a company, in this case the Mahaichai Hospital Public Company Limited.

Which is why they only have a few locations, because that's all the hospitals that company owns/manages.

Just like Bangkok Hospital Pattaya is not a "government" hospital and can set whatever hours it wants or conditions for vaccine distribution and so on.

Some Thai friends found a "private hospital" chain (KSBR) that was (is) registering people for the Moderna vaccine in October. 
Great, except that their closest hospital to Pattaya is in Chachoengsao. They have 8 or so hospitals around the country, mostly in the outlaying provinces.
Boohoo. So I have to travel somewhere to get the shot (if they ever do get the vaccine that is). 
Which is what I'll do.
Instead of, you know, whining that it's not "convenient enough" for me or something like that.

Seems they aren't taking any more registrations as they've reached the number of doses they expect to be allocated.
Just as well. Most of you wouldn't have bothered registering anyways, especially when you got to the part where you have to pay for the vaccine. (3,300 baht for 2 doses.)

And if you really want to bitch about it, the best place to go would be to Health Minister Anutin's Facebook page. 
https://www.facebook.com/AnutinC/

I hear he loves to hear "dirty farangs" complain so he can laugh about it with his "clean Chinese" friends !

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, kerryd said:

Apparently a lot of people have a hard time understanding what "private hospital" means.

It means it is not a "government" hospital.

It is a hospital that is owned by a company, in this case the Mahaichai Hospital Public Company Limited.

Which is why they only have a few locations, because that's all the hospitals that company owns/manages.

Just like Bangkok Hospital Pattaya is not a "government" hospital and can set whatever hours it wants or conditions for vaccine distribution and so on.

Some Thai friends found a "private hospital" chain (KSBR) that was (is) registering people for the Moderna vaccine in October. 
Great, except that their closest hospital to Pattaya is in Chachoengsao. They have 8 or so hospitals around the country, mostly in the outlaying provinces.
Boohoo. So I have to travel somewhere to get the shot (if they ever do get the vaccine that is). 
Which is what I'll do.
Instead of, you know, whining that it's not "convenient enough" for me or something like that.

Seems they aren't taking any more registrations as they've reached the number of doses they expect to be allocated.
Just as well. Most of you wouldn't have bothered registering anyways, especially when you got to the part where you have to pay for the vaccine. (3,300 baht for 2 doses.)

And if you really want to bitch about it, the best place to go would be to Health Minister Anutin's Facebook page. 
https://www.facebook.com/AnutinC/

I hear he loves to hear "dirty farangs" complain so he can laugh about it with his "clean Chinese" friends !

Pay when you really get the jab or paying like other apps before and then after they announcing not get all the doses and not even know when and not even made a order. Because through this scam many go through already. Paid in advance but no jab avaiable. 

• Like 2

Yeah, I'm not a fan of paying in advance either but at the time it seemed like it was going to be the quickest option.
And I'm not to worried about getting my money back as my Thai friends that also registered would be very upset and not hesitant about getting one of our lawyer friends on the case.

Of course, after we registered and paid is when other vaccines suddenly became available (for some people), for free. 

But I'm not adverse to getting a shot (or two) of one type and a shot (or two) of another one a few months later.

13 hours ago, gummy said:

No where else is considered important in this government's eyes.

Don't forget Phuket, (how the hell could we?) 555

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I registered with expatvac.consular system on 2nd. August, attaching copies of my Aussie passport and copy of my current 'retirement' visa. Yesterday (17/8) I had a response from the system which read:

"After reviewing your registration, it can not be further processed due to lack of required visas.

Please note that this registration platform is ONLY for foreign residents in Thailand and are not Thai nationality."

This is a blatant error, as I hold an Aussie citizen and the copy of my visa clearly showed 'non-immigrant - retirement'. I have no avenue to respond, disputing this decision as the email I received was a computer generated one, to which you could not reply. Any thoughts as to how I could proceed from here? My age and 'underlying health problems' make it urgent that I get some protection that a vaccine could offer. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, kotahenian said:

I registered with expatvac.consular system on 2nd. August, attaching copies of my Aussie passport and copy of my current 'retirement' visa. Yesterday (17/8) I had a response from the system which read:

"After reviewing your registration, it can not be further processed due to lack of required visas.

Please note that this registration platform is ONLY for foreign residents in Thailand and are not Thai nationality."

This is a blatant error, as I hold an Aussie citizen and the copy of my visa clearly showed 'non-immigrant - retirement'. I have no avenue to respond, disputing this decision as the email I received was a computer generated one, to which you could not reply. Any thoughts as to how I could proceed from here? My age and 'underlying health problems' make it urgent that I get some protection that a vaccine could offer. 

Bloody Immigration, eh? They can be a real pain to deal with, especially online it appears from the many sad tales that get posted. Whilst myself no expert on these matters, there are members who well may help if they spot this post. Also my colleague @Fazis pretty knowledgeable and, when he spots this mention, will probably respond.

And your debut post, too . . . thanks for that!

Hello, kotahenian and welcome to Thaiger Talk

Please feel free to tell us a bit about yourself in 'Introductions'. It's good to pick-up on those sometimes differing regional or geographical perspectives.

And check-out the Guidelines, too, when you get a free minute. They're there to help us all enjoy our time here.

Happy posting

King Cotton

40 minutes ago, kotahenian said:

A lot of registered foreigners got the same message.

The MFA have stated it was an error - wait and see what happens.

• Thanks 1

Many thanks for the friendly welcome to the forum and the responses to my query regarding the registration difficulties I experienced. I will await (hopefully) for  further communication from the site manager. I hope that I could in future make some useful contributions to the forum. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Peach51 said:

i have also registered through expatvac on august 2nd, got an email yesterday, with a time on monday, for the first shot of pfizer vac.  💉👍

Does your appointment actually state you'll receive Pfizer?

19 minutes ago, Peach51 said:

i have also registered through expatvac on august 2nd, got an email yesterday, with a time on monday, for the first shot of pfizer vac.  💉👍

I registered on the 1st but still no email, where are you ?

21 minutes ago, Peach51 said:

Where are you?  Down south it's as quiet as a tomb regarding foreigner vaccinations.