As China confronts it's largest Covid epidemic in months, it has shut down transportation lines.

Andrew Reeve

393633433_Thaigernews.JPG.f06b0365d1e22aacadeca871a8a1ecb8.JPG

China has tightened travel restrictions considerably in an effort to contain the country's deadliest outbreak in months, which has been connected to hundreds of Delta variant cases among airport workers.

More than 400 people have been affected in the latest outbreak, which has spread to 25 cities, including Beijing, the capital, and Wuhan, which has not had a Covid-19 outbreak since last year. In 17 of the 31 provinces, cases have been reported.

The national health commission announced Wednesday that a total of 71 locally transmitted cases were confirmed on Tuesday, the highest daily total since January. Nearly half were in Jiangsu, which is home to the airport cluster that has been connected to the majority of the illnesses, and 15 in Hunan.

In order to prevent further spread of the extremely infectious Delta form, the administrations of all 31 provinces have encouraged inhabitants to avoid leaving their areas unless absolutely essential, and to stay away from the four high-risk – and more than 120 medium-risk – districts across China.

According to state-run news agency Xinhua, in addition to numerous lockdown measures, Nanjing and Yangzhou have canceled all domestic flights, while Beijing has suspended 13 rail lines and halted inbound long-distance ticket sales from 23 stations. Yangzhou, Wuhan, and Zhengzhou, have all begun citywide testing, and Zhengzhou now needs all residents to present a negative test result in order to leave the city.

Residential zones in Beijing, including those that are home to over 10,000 people, have been cordoned off for mass testing. Wuhan's 11 million citizens have also been subjected to testing.

According to Xinhua, China's top infectious diseases expert, Zhong Nanshan, most Delta patients have moderate symptoms and preliminary research show China's immunizations are efficient in reducing the severity of the variant.

While multiple outbreaks have occurred since mid-2020, Chinese authorities have successfully contained them with large-scale mass testing of entire cities, localized lockdowns, and targeted travel restrictions.

However, the high transmissibility of the Delta variant has seen the number of cases rise rapidly and spread far. Most cases have been linked to Nanjing and Lukou airport staff who cleaned an incoming plane from Russia, as well as domestic planes. A cluster of infections among tourists who went to a concert in Zhangjiajie, Hunan, travelling through Lukou has also spread to multiple provinces.

“Zhangjiajie has now become the new ground zero for China’s epidemic spread,” Zhong said earlier this week.

In an editorial on Sunday, state tabloid the Global Times said China could not afford to make errors like those identified in Nanjing, given the high rates of infections around the world.

Source: The Guardian

39 minutes ago, Andrew Reeve said:

“Zhangjiajie has now become the new ground zero for China’s epidemic spread,” Zhong said earlier this week.

Everyone knows where COVID19 ground zero is, new has nothing to do with it. I wonder how the WHO will hide the facts on this one.

• Like 1

Did they shut down international travel, or did they give stipends so the Wuhan folks could spread it around the world?  Again.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

55 minutes ago, AdvocatusDiaboli said:

Made in China 

You didn't watch it. Made by an American. With 494k views. Lots of third party evidence, most of it from America. Dispute? Disagree?

Or are you bothered that it was just 'Made In China?'

Edited by Poolie
Omission

Right at the top. COULD HAVE. Nathan Rich's video is factual, not guesswork.

By the way, Arirang News is S Korean.

Edited by Poolie

On 8/4/2021 at 4:57 AM, OneAngryJew said:

Did they shut down international travel, or did they give stipends so the Wuhan folks could spread it around the world?  Again.

They are no longer renewing passports. 

On 8/4/2021 at 3:57 PM, OneAngryJew said:

Seems like you are trolling again. You claim you are banned on every forum you have been on so the rest of this forum members are keeping our fingers crossed also for this one

9 minutes ago, gummy said:

Seems like you are trolling again. You claim you are banned on every forum you have been on so the rest of this forum members are keeping our fingers crossed also for this one

ThankYou-1.jpg

• Thanks 1

On 8/4/2021 at 3:57 PM, OneAngryJew said:

I was stuck in a horrible 3rd world country(Canada) for an entire year because of the lockdowns, not allowed to leave the house etc. During the entire 'lockdown' , international flights were streaming in from all over the world. There were 3 planes a day from China landing in Vancouver! 

1 hour ago, gummy said:

You don't speak for me. I like his/her posts. You're not going to turn this forum into an echo chamber because you get your panties in a bunch every time someone says something that threatens your reality.

Edited by Zool
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Zool said:

You don't speak for me. I like his/her posts. You're not going to turn this forum into an echo chamber because you get your panties in a bunch every time someone says something that threatens your reality.

So seems like you are his other forum name on here. He/you has openly admitted have numerous names on numerous forums

3 hours ago, gummy said:

So seems like you are his other forum name on here. He/you has openly admitted have numerous names on numerous forums

I'm taking credit for the Zool.   I am presently controlling his mind. I'm not logged in twice I'm just controlling the other human who was also login. Mind control is so sexy

On 8/8/2021 at 9:33 AM, Ubon2530 said:

https://www.taiwannews.com.tw/en/news/3941420

Not a great source of information, a heroin addict with a criminal record.

Yeah, 18 years ago. That's 18 years ago.

In China it's exceedingly difficult to be a heroin addict. Practically impossible as a foreigner. After all, it's an authoritarian regime, right?

Good grief there are some strange replies here,, China's population are people same as anyone... I hope they can contain this but elsewhere shows it will erupt into massive problem,, majority of fatalities will be elderly and infirm. Cleansing of the world population deliberate or natural,, Impossible to determine but end result is horrific.