Jump to content

August vaccination plan: 80% of Bangkok residents; open to general public, expats


Thaiger
 Share

Recommended Posts

Thailand has opened its mass Covid-19 vaccination campaign to the general public who are at least 18 years old, including foreign residents. Priority is still given to those who are 60 and above, and those who have one of the specified underlying conditions that puts them at risk of severe infection if they were to contract Covid-19. By the end of the month, the Thai government plans to have 80% of Bangkok residents vaccinated against Covid-19 as well as 70% of those in the other 28 “dark red” provinces, according to Ministry of Foreign Affairs deputy spokesperson Natapanu Nopakun, who […]

The post August vaccination plan: 80% of Bangkok residents; open to general public, expats appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Whilst it would be fantastic if this actually happened, the numbers appear to be unrealistic. 80% of Bangkok, 70% of 28 dark red provinces and 50% of everywhere else. That must be scores of millions of vaccinations - in one month. 

The logistics are probably doable. But there aren't available vaccines. All you hear are promises of orders, promises of deliveries, registration but no actual jabs.

Didn't many Bangkok vaccination centres shut their doors yesterday as they had no vaccines and couldn't say when they would get more deliveries?

  • Like 7
Link to comment
Share on other sites

80%??? Complete lunacy. This administration has been contemplating numerous plans after plans. What have they achieved? Nothing. How about something more realistic...40%? All talk and pure B. S., though I expected nothing less from corrupt Thai politicians. 

  • Like 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

While I am outside Thailand (and fully vaccinated) my wife (Thai) has been trying and failing to register for vaccination. The website seems totally overloaded. So the vaccination target seems unrealistic if people cannot even register 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, DollhinSpirit said:

So that’s about 380,000 per day (6 day week) to reach that goal for Bangkok. 

At its peak, the UK managed to do 600.000 per day 7 days a week starting at 6am until 10pm. The great bonus was they had sufficient vaccines to carry this out. Good luck to Bangkok but I won't be holding my breath.

  • Like 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

What is happening in many countries if not all that have media that are allowed to talk about it is the high number of people being tested positive with Covid after having their first and second injection, but more testing positive after the second jab than the first.

The figures for side effects and deaths  from the covid injections rise every day.

I hope the The kingdom has prepared its self for these situations.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

57 minutes ago, Laocoboy2 said:

While I am outside Thailand (and fully vaccinated) my wife (Thai) has been trying and failing to register for vaccination. The website seems totally overloaded. So the vaccination target seems unrealistic if people cannot even register 

They should have mobile vaccination units going from village to village as there are many elderly immobile and/or unable to travel to a vaccination centre. But of course villages are associated with "the poor" by this government so in their eyes not worth bothering with.

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, gummy said:

They should have mobile vaccination units going from village to village as there are many elderly immobile and/or unable to travel to a vaccination centre. But of course villages are associated with "the poor" by this government so in their eyes not worth bothering with.

Absolutely. And not just for the elderly and immobile. To drive into the nearest big town is a fairly long drive for many, several hundred baht for diesel. Money which isn't spare in the best of times, let alone now. 

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

47 minutes ago, Remi said:

What is happening in many countries if not all that have media that are allowed to talk about it is the high number of people being tested positive with Covid after having their first and second injection, but more testing positive after the second jab than the first.

The figures for side effects and deaths  from the covid injections rise every day.

I hope the The kingdom has prepared its self for these situations.

Due to the highly contagious nature of the Delta varient, inoculated people are able to contract covid, it is the nature of the new beast.  The emphasis seemed to have evolved from not contracting covid to surviving covid but lessening the symptoms. Over 95% of hospitalizations and deaths are unvaccinated, a no- brainer as to what you should do to protect your family.

The vaccine is still very effective at preventing serious illness and death but it works best when paired with other precautions.

Of course the recorded number of side effects is rising but so are the total numbers of people protected. I have seen no evidence that the extremely low ratio of serious side effects has changed. 

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Dr.Sivada said:

80%??? Complete lunacy. This administration has been contemplating numerous plans after plans. What have they achieved? Nothing. How about something more realistic...40%? All talk and pure B. S., though I expected nothing less from corrupt Thai politicians. 

Not a fan then?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Remi said:

What is happening in many countries if not all that have media that are allowed to talk about it is the high number of people being tested positive with Covid after having their first and second injection, but more testing positive after the second jab than the first.

Yes, nothing unusual about this and totally predictable. As people are vaccinated and lockdown restrictions ease, people go out more and hence catch it. Vaccines reduce the chance of getting the virus but you are not immune. That’s not what they aim to do. Good news is, if vaccinated (2 shots) you are unlikely to get sick and die from Covid. Without the vaccine then you run a much higher risk of serious illness or death. 

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Government playing the airlines' late flight game. They keep saying the flight will leave in 30 minutes and then as that time nears, they announce another 30 minute delay until, most times, cancelling the flight instead of telling the truth from the beginning. Government is doing this game with vaccines when they know well enough they can't achieve what they've said they would achieve. They've already proven this to be true. Isn't that making of fake news and shouldn't they be prosecuted for fake news about Covid?

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Blogosopher said:

Government is doing this game with vaccines when they know well enough they can't achieve what they've said they would achieve

hanlons's razor; they are counting on the public to be more stupid than they themselvesare; or some combination of stupid+compliant

Edited by yetanother
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Sadly the government say that only 1 vaccine is classed as vaccinated! So they might reach the 80%..but to be vaccinated its the full course of treatment not just 1 sinovac!.. that will not be done with any AstraZeneca within 1 month due to their policy of 12 weeks before second jab.. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Dr.Sivada said:

80%??? Complete lunacy. This administration has been contemplating numerous plans after plans. What have they achieved? Nothing. How about something more realistic...40%? All talk and pure B. S., though I expected nothing less from corrupt Thai politicians. 

If they set their goal as 80%, they might not reach it, yes. But if they take your goal of 40%, they'll make it 20% or so. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

They say in this article that from the expats, elderly, people with underlying problems and teachers were given priority. Im a teacher and I've been registered for 3 months already. I registered the same time as my school did. I haven't been given any priority. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Poolie said:

Not a fan then?

So after all numbers were not true then it should be true now? So empty heads and la la people think everybody is a empty head, too? Are you a adult? They were lying all the time and showed incompetence on the highest level and now they are competent? So you think all the people are stupid? For how long everybody watched their mess now?! Destroying a country, risk their lives and health, destroy their businesses and livlyhoods is a serious thing and for sure this people would be already arrested in most countries. There are adults out there with families and they take that now very serious the mess they see and young generation who get a mess for their future and lives.  

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

And talk about a horse’s patoot. Don’t they still plan to use the bulk only from the Chinese and the domestically made one? 
Sorry but me and the family want nothing to do with it and their forced plan. We will wait for Pfizer or Moderna ... Only. 
If I am wrong or misinformed then please bring me into the light. Northern Provinces like CM as far as I know are not slated for anything else. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, yetanother said:
23 minutes ago, Blogosopher said:

Government is doing this game with vaccines when they know well enough they can't achieve what they've said they would achieve

hanlons's razor; they are counting on the public to be more stupid than they themselvesare; or some combination of stupid+compliant

Fair comment, for sure, but what angers me is that it's more likely to be the public's total compliance with the govt BS, rather than their stupidity . . . the latter quality is reserved for Prayuth & Co.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Martin said:

Whilst it would be fantastic if this actually happened, the numbers appear to be unrealistic. 80% of Bangkok, 70% of 28 dark red provinces and 50% of everywhere else. That must be scores of millions of vaccinations - in one month. 

The logistics are probably doable. But there aren't available vaccines. All you hear are promises of orders, promises of deliveries, registration but no actual jabs.

Didn't many Bangkok vaccination centres shut their doors yesterday as they had no vaccines and couldn't say when they would get more deliveries?

Yes and it is the same madness like that the covid is over in 2 to 3 weeks. They really think everybody is stupid and a empty head to talk such b.....hit.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By posting on Thaiger Talk you agree to the Terms of Use