August vaccination plan: 80% of Bangkok residents; open to general public, expats

Thaiger

16 minutes ago, DiJoDavO said:

They say in this article that from the expats, elderly, people with underlying problems and teachers were given priority. Im a teacher and I've been registered for 3 months already. I registered the same time as my school did. I haven't been given any priority. 

I reckon it's like @Blogosopher's 'Government playing the airlines' late flight game' post. What they say one day is seemingly OK to cancel the next. They may have said 'teachers', then . . . but 'then' was an age ago, an age during which it seems a totally new and different-thinking Covid-19 admin circus are having their virtual brain-storming sessions.

90% is the goal for collective immunity, for the Delta variant.

This rate is not even reached in Phuket while the security of the place is ensured for foreign tourists.

The right objective is to make 100% of people who have co-morbidities, then the elderly to the youngest.

By summoning these people, if they cannot come and vaccinate them in their homes.

Yes it is a big organization like a war.

Edited by vvdb.fr
English
  • Like 3

45 minutes ago, HolyCowCm said:

And talk about a horse’s patoot. Don’t they still plan to use the bulk only from the Chinese and the domestically made one? 
Sorry but me and the family want nothing to do with it and their forced plan. We will wait for Pfizer or Moderna ... Only. 
If I am wrong or misinformed then please bring me into the light. Northern Provinces like CM as far as I know are not slated for anything else. 

No, not wrong or misinformed, but quite understandably bemused - by now, after 5 months of prevaricating! - as to which is the best vac to go with. Like you, I'd tend to favour the Pfizer and Moderna options but, would you believe it, given my utter despise of the man - Mr X Chan-o-Cha, let's say - and knowing that he got a double-dose of Astra-Zeneca, I'd join the A-Z queue, given the choice! A worrying choice, I confess . . . given its rationale.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, King Cotton said:

No, not wrong or misinformed, but quite understandably bemused - by now, after 5 months of prevaricating! - as to which is the best vac to go with. Like you, I'd tend to favour the Pfizer and Moderna options but, would you believe it, given my utter despise of the man - Mr X Chan-o-Cha, let's say - and knowing that he got a double-dose of Astra-Zeneca, I'd join the A-Z queue, given the choice! A worrying choice, I confess . . . given its rationale.

The best vaccine is the one you can get. Frankly it's tiresome repeating this. Any of the vaccines will keep you out of hospital. That's all that matters.

Edited by LedLollyYellowLolly
  • Like 2
  • Cool 1

46 minutes ago, HolyCowCm said:

Let’s go Sinovac let’s go. Let’s go Sinovac let’s go. Ok . Bye bye. I’m gone.  

OK, CU tomo!

3 hours ago, Remi said:

The figures for side effects and deaths  from the covid injections rise every day.

Pray tell, what are those figures? 3, 4, 7?

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, King Cotton said:

I don’t know. Even my wife says, he say they give him that but who really gonna know what is was.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Laocoboy2 said:

While I am outside Thailand (and fully vaccinated) my wife (Thai) has been trying and failing to register for vaccination. The website seems totally overloaded. So the vaccination target seems unrealistic if people cannot even register 

Thais first!!! Thais first!!! Tim Newton said so!!!... So get your head around that!!!

(I'm vaccinated, all my farang friends are vaccinated. Must be a mistake, can't get my head around it. Concerned head might explode. Tim please advise)

Edited by LedLollyYellowLolly
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, King Cotton said:

Fair comment, for sure, but what angers me is that it's more likely to be the public's total compliance with the govt BS, rather than their stupidity . . . the latter quality is reserved for Prayuth & Co.

Problem is are people are running scared, especially in BKK, so they gonna take what ever they can when in a hot spot. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, HolyCowCm said:
24 minutes ago, King Cotton said:

I don’t know. Even my wife says, he say they give him that but who really gonna know what is was.

Yeah, who really knows, given this performing circus. Judging by his recent behaviour it was LSD . . . or morphine, more like!

4 hours ago, Remi said:

The figures for side effects and deaths  from the covid injections rise every day.

How could it be any other way ? There is a small risk of an adverse reaction from a treatment. Give that treatment to 1 million people and a small number will suffer adverse reactions. Give the treatment to 10 million people and more people will suffer. How could it be any other way ?

This is a failure to grasp even the most basic of concepts.

The virus is far more dangerous than the vaccine. The unvaccinated are exposed to the full risk of infection each and every day, it is an ever increasing risk .. capisce ?

• Like 3

1 hour ago, DiJoDavO said:

If they set their goal as 80%, they might not reach it, yes. But if they take your goal of 40%, they'll make it 20% or so. 

I get your point here. But it’s not motivational targets they need. What they need is a proper fully tested and robust plan vaccination plan. They must know how many shots they need. They must know how many shots they have both in stock and the lead times of arrivals this coming month. They must also know the logistics required in rolling it out. They should also know what advertising campaign and online registration system they will use. They must know what human resources are required etc etc. None of this is rocket science but it does require proper project and logistics management. They have all of this information and skill sets available. Therefore, to make such a claim and if it not be delivered, it is nothing short of a disgraceful cynical ploy. I sincerely hope they will deliver this and start to get the country moving in the right direction.  

• Like 3

who "believe" in, ca. 18 000 or much more, infected people, per day,
will also believe other fantasy numbers, as high vaccine efficiency.

6 hours ago, DollhinSpirit said:

So that’s about 380,000 per day (6 day week) to reach that goal for Bangkok. 

If it’s 380,000 then they will fail. Their daily average has been hovering around 220,000 daily. Looking over the past, they only ever achieved 380,000+ on one day only. Not to mention the reported jab shutdown over the weekend. 

Right now Thailand is relying on donations from foreign governments to keep afloat. Now hospitals are full hence home/community isolation…

“What will be will be”

6 hours ago, Martin said:

80% of Bangkok, 70% of 28 dark red provinces and 50% of everywhere else. That must be scores of millions of vaccinations - in one month. 

Taking out the under-18s and those already vaccinated (with at least one dose) that's just over 20 million.

That should be possible, just, if they have the vaccines.  Unless something's changed, they don't.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Remi said:

What is happening in many countries if not all that have media that are allowed to talk about it is the high number of people being tested positive with Covid after having their first and second injection, but more testing positive after the second jab than the first.

Well, that's simple and very basic maths - as more people are jabbed, so more testing positive are going to have been jabbed.  Unless the vaccine was 100% effective in 100% of cases it couldn't be otherwise.

5 hours ago, Remi said:

The figures for side effects and deaths  from the covid injections rise every day.

How could it be otherwise?  

The more people you inject the more people you will have with side effects - a thousand people jabbed will have ten times as many with side effects as a hundred.

Hardly rocket science ...

5 hours ago, Remi said:

I hope the The kingdom has prepared its self for these situations.

You mean the vaccines working?

I think it's not unreasonable to think that's probably one of the few things they have prepared for.

I think that your statement is very correct and well thought out. It clarified some questions that have been lingering in my own mind 

5 hours ago, gummy said:

They should have mobile vaccination units going from village to village as there are many elderly immobile and/or unable to travel to a vaccination centre. 

5 hours ago, Martin said:

Absolutely. And not just for the elderly and immobile. To drive into the nearest big town is a fairly long drive for many, several hundred baht for diesel. Money which isn't spare in the best of times, let alone now. 

In the rural areas, at least, there's a vaccination centre in nearly every district so it's at most a 20 or 30 km drive.

Given the need to not only supervise those who've been vaccinated for a minimum of 15 minutes afterwards but to have resus and treatment facilities immediately available, mobile vaccination units would not only be impossible but would be a massive waste of limited resources, with hospital staff who are already stretched running quarantine and isolation facilities as well in addition to the vaccinations and their normal jobs.

I'm not defending the appaling vaccine rollout, but in the rural areas at least this is one of the few things that's being done correctly.

2 hours ago, LedLollyYellowLolly said:

The best vaccine is the one you can get. Frankly it's tiresome repeating this. Any of the vaccines will keep you out of hospital. That's all that matters.

Well stated ,Billy :=)

• Like 1

Let's hope they stick to this plan so that all dark red regions including pattaya,can open on the 1st of October if not sooner as all the local people in the hospitality industry & restaurants need to make money 

Sounds like a lot of wishful thinking. I’d love to see some regular reporting on the status of Bangkok vaccinations during the month of August to track the progress. I sincerely hope it is achieved, but I can’t help but have my doubts.

1 hour ago, Jackson said:

Sounds like a lot of wishful thinking. I’d love to see some regular reporting on the status of Bangkok vaccinations during the month of August to track the progress. I sincerely hope it is achieved, but I can’t help but have my doubts.

I think you have summed it up quite well and I am looking forward to hearing what statistics the government put out on 1st September to let the public know how close to their August targets they got. Of course the excuses for not reaching it will be amusing also.

The sooner full vaccination with high efficacy vaccines can be completed for 80% of the population, the sooner covid-19 can be keep under control. It is time to reach out to other developed nations with excess high efficacy vaccines and good tracking solutions for help. Pride doesn't save lives, sometimes it is good to be humble about our weaknesses. Hope the Thai Authorities can really get it right this time. We pray that the peoples' suffering will stop soon.