Preferred accomodation in funtown?

Pongo

Hotel, guest house or rented condo?.

I'm very much for the quiet life these days, so my Hotel of choice in recent years has been the LK Royal Wing off Soi Bukhao, decent rooftop pool, decent rooms and good staff, with secure underground and outside parking. Prior to that it was either one of the Sabais or Eastiny Hotels, depending upon which had the better deal.

I have stayed in a few guest houses  in the past, in Soi pothole (chaiyapoon inn)  and previously the Irovers, but while they offered great value and good location, the noise did start to grind me down a bit, and I took to wearing earplugs in the end (which I prefer not to do in case I don't hear the fire alarm!).

Next I might be looking at a rented condo in VT6 for a month, or maybe somewhere around the Bukhao area.

Luckily I've never (touch wood) had any real issues in my choice of accomodation over all the years, and I do tend to adjust my expectations accordingly. I'd be interested to hear any suggestions from boardies, and hopefully before the end of the year we can start to look at booking up again :)