Family finds long lost man after he is rescued from 17 metre well

Thaiger

They say when you lose something valuable you’ll often find it in the place you’d least expect it. That certainly turned out to be true for a family with an estranged uncle who they had lost 15 years ago who was reunited with them after a freak accident that found the man at the bottom of the well in Sattahip. The family said the man, now 55 years old, had been lost in Surin in 2006 when his phone number changed and they lost all contact. They never found any report of his death, so they kept hope for years […]

The post Family finds long lost man after he is rescued from 17 metre well appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

5 minutes ago, poohy said:

Its early, not enough coffee  am i reading this right uncle has been in the well for 15 years?!

Ha ha!
It's written at the start to imply that. 'frogman' was in the well, for, well five hours.
The years before that he was practising being a nomad.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Bluesofa said:

Ha ha!
It's written at the start to imply that. 'frogman' was in the well, for, well five hours.
The years before that he was practising being a nomad.

I thing he had heard of the nursery rhyme " Ding Dong Bell, Pussy in the Well". He thought his luck was in and the rest is history.

10 hours ago, Thaiger said:

Reminded me of a dutch language 'Little Willie' (a humoristic 4-lines rhyme with the catch in the last line).   English translation here >   

H2Ooish -

In Connecticut in a well
      drowned my auntie Eve.
      Still years later my uncle drank the water
     only through a sieve.

And below (quite applicable here) the original dutch text.

H2Ootje -

In Connecticut in een waterput
      verdronk m'n tante Eefje.
      Nog jaren later dronk mijn oom 't water
     uitsluitend door een zeefje.
      - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
     uit het werk van John O'Mill (1915)

this is a nice story. 

Hua Hin can be a lot like that well. Hopefully someone on Thaifriendly will pull me out of here. 

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, NCC1701A said:

this is a nice story. 

Hua Hin can be a lot like that well. Hopefully someone on Thaifriendly will pull me out of here. 

I think you're in too deep already!

• Haha 2

Wait. Let me get this straight.

A relative just wonders off one day. Settles in a different town 400 km away from his wondering point-of-origin. This relative is not heard from for 15 years. One day, he peers down a well. Somehow - events not yet revealed - he falls down said well. After yelling for help repeatedly, his cries finally attract someone to also peer down the well and find that he is indeed at the bottom. Authorities arrive and the man is rescued. The subsequent story of this man's plight makes its way back to his family and they are reunited. 

The questions this story elicits are exceedingly numerous. Why did he wander off? And why so far? Why did he never come back? Did he consider it, and if so, why did he not go through it? What was it that made him poke his head into the well? And what caused him to lose his standing on solid ground and plunge into the well? Was he sitting at the top of the well, or peering over? Did he fall feet- or face-first? What did he do while at the bottom? Had he flirted with accidental descension in the past? What has he been doing for 15 years?

And on and on

7 minutes ago, Peter said:

Wait. Let me get this straight.

A relative just wonders off one day. Settles in a different town 400 km away from his wondering point-of-origin. This relative is not heard from for 15 years. One day, he peers down a well. Somehow - events not yet revealed - he falls down said well. After yelling for help repeatedly, his cries finally attract someone to also peer down the well and find that he is indeed at the bottom. Authorities arrive and the man is rescued. The subsequent story of this man's plight makes its way back to his family and they are reunited. 

The questions this story elicits are exceedingly numerous. Why did he wander off? And why so far? Why did he never come back? Did he consider it, and if so, why did he not go through it? What was it that made him poke his head into the well? And what caused him to lose his standing on solid ground and plunge into the well? Was he sitting at the top of the well, or peering over? Did he fall feet- or face-first? What did he do while at the bottom? Had he flirted with accidental descension in the past? What has he been doing for 15 years?

And on and on

The answer is much shorter:

12 hours ago, Thaiger said:

the man wouldn’t give details of why he was lost for 15 years or details of his estrangement

1 minute ago, Peter said:

Exactly. That refusal is not an answer. Hence so many unanswered questions.

Maybe you'll get your chance with the interrogation spotlight later? ?