Extending Marriage Visa Using Income ( From Another Country )

SpeakTheTruth

I am a UK Citizen and average about 40000 baht per month income working online. I have a marriage visa and want to use income as proof to extend it. I have heard it is possible but how do you show proof of the money going into the bank every month and do they accept it?? We are just talking about an international transfer only. 

What imm. is looking for is proof of income from abroad if you are going the monthly income route. what you do is open a thai bank account in your name only. Then, every month, for marriage visa have at least 40,000 baht wired from UK, (65,000 b for retirement visa) have your thai bank deposit the transfer into your thai account - make sure the deposit shows the FTT code in your bank book. EVERY month- don't skip any months. When you renew the visa, you'll need to show immigration a one year bank statement ( cost is 200 baht) a bank guarantee letter (100baht), documents that show your source of overseas income. Works for me.

Or you can just deposit 400,000K baht 2-3 mos before applying for renewal. Can't withdraw any of that until your visa is approved (sometimes that takes one month)

• Like 2

On 8/1/2021 at 10:45 PM, TSS said:

What imm. is looking for is proof of income from abroad if you are going the monthly income route. what you do is open a thai bank account in your name only. Then, every month, for marriage visa have at least 40,000 baht wired from UK, (65,000 b for retirement visa) have your thai bank deposit the transfer into your thai account - make sure the deposit shows the FTT code in your bank book. EVERY month- don't skip any months. When you renew the visa, you'll need to show immigration a one year bank statement ( cost is 200 baht) a bank guarantee letter (100baht), documents that show your source of overseas income. Works for me.

Or you can just deposit 400,000K baht 2-3 mos before applying for renewal. Can't withdraw any of that until your visa is approved (sometimes that takes one month)

My payment comes from China. Not the Uk.

1 hour ago, TSS said:

well, wire it from overseas china ffs

dont forget they must enter the FTT code in your bank book 

FTT is Bangkok Bank code for passbook entry - it is not a requirement - other banks may not use or use something else and there are alternative methods to document.  But as income could be low and status of work questioned believe much better to be using 400k in bank account at this point for anyone from country not providing Embassy letter of income.  As 400k is only tied up about 3 months a year much less effect than the new retirement rules.