Foreigners able to register on vaccine site despite data leaks, glitches

Thaiger

The debut of Thailand’s new vaccine appointment registration site expatvac.consular.go.th has now opened to mixed reviews. Many reported a host of problems, but quite a few people said that in the end they received emails confirming their registration and forthcoming appointments. And of course, it opened to a data breach. The vaccine registration site launched at 11 am and within minutes people were reporting crashes, errors, and that people’s private information was unprotected and visible online. Screenshots of publicly accessible backdoors that revealed the emails and personal details of over 20,000 applicants started appearing online raising safety and privacy concerns. […]

The post Foreigners able to register on vaccine site despite data leaks, glitches appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

14 minutes ago, Thaiger said:

The debut of Thailand’s new vaccine appointment registration site expatvac.consular.go.th has now opened to mixed reviews. Many reported a host of problems, but quite a few people said that in the end they received emails confirming their registration and forthcoming appointments. And of course, it opened to a data breach. The vaccine registration site launched at 11 am and within minutes people were reporting crashes, errors, and that people’s private information was unprotected and visible online. Screenshots of publicly accessible backdoors that revealed the emails and personal details of over 20,000 applicants started appearing online raising safety and privacy concerns. […]

The post Foreigners able to register on vaccine site despite data leaks, glitches appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Thanks Thaiger News, it was your report that made me aware of this new registration site.

Still the same isues. They might have fixed something but definitely not all. Thailand 4.0.

Maybe they should charge from Windows XP to something more up to date but of course it cost money 

1 hour ago, Thaiger said:

The vaccine registration site launched at 11 am and within minutes people were reporting crashes,

So many crashes you need to fit your P C screen with an airbag .. 

• Like 1

I got there in end 2 emails. Now to see what we are offered under 60's hope it is not Sinovc AstraZeneca as I have family in Thailand and Australia it be nice to move freely to see all one day not be held up by a vaccine I not desire or trust. Yes I trust the Thai Virologist but the boost in antibodies is only part of it helper T cells and the length of coverage? We know AstraZeneca 2 dose with a 12 week spacing gives optimal protection for a lengthy period of time. My concern is if Antibodies decrease quiet quickly with Sinovac then we know 1 does of Astra Zeneca does not give lasting immunity you need both doses to get that.

Edited by TrangGreg
  • Like 2

Tried to register this morning but got the same error as many others after submitting my email. However, I did get an email reply with a link to complete my details and that went smoothly.

It seems like the initial page is the problem but afterwards everything is ok.

12 minutes ago, RayH said:

Tried to register this morning but got the same error as many others after submitting my email. However, I did get an email reply with a link to complete my details and that went smoothly.

It seems like the initial page is the problem but afterwards everything is ok.

Tried 6 times couldnt add my pic and visa page .tried the browse but a great big zero. Not bothering anymore

1 hour ago, TrangGreg said:

I got there in end 2 emails. Now to see what we are offered under 60's hope it is not Sinovc AstraZeneca as I have family in Thailand and Australia it be nice to move freely to see all one day not be held up by a vaccine I not desire or trust. Yes I trust the Thai Virologist but the boost in antibodies is only part of it helper T cells and the length of coverage? We know AstraZeneca 2 dose with a 12 week spacing gives optimal protection for a lengthy period of time. My concern is if Antibodies decrease quiet quickly with Sinovac then we know 1 does of Astra Zeneca does not give lasting immunity you need both doses to get that.

Exactly my words

I eventually got in to registration part. Once I filled the registration and the pertinent Info, I got “ Bad Request” 404 on multiple attempts. Used a second email address and got the same

I had a success email ok after a lot of problems trying to put both photo's of your passport & visa extension stamp [non imm o retirement] page]  In the end it accepted the passport photo only, and thats all i gave them no medical documents as not ness if you don''t have any of the underlying problems,certainly a bit confusing, it seems to me that it is linked to immigration who have your details,when i gave my immigration email at the start it new what province i was in automatically.I submitted the form and received the success email. Hope the rest works.

Vaccine reg.png

WOw ,Somebody upstairs likes me ! 
I just finished 8 months of looking over my shoulder while being a victim of fraud! 

There was a popular institution in the states that had a DATA BREECH  and I was one of the one’s to have to jump through hoops while out of the country to prove the fraudster wasn’t me.

I have the Mvacc on order so I didn’t need to register 

Edited by riclag

3 hours ago, Brooke said:

They are asking for medical proof... How do I do this. I take medicines to prove but do I need to get a doctor certificate... $$$

They want a doctors letter stating you suffer from any of the 7 underlying conditions they have specified [ see Thaiger earlier posts [ , you would need to get from a doctor who has treated you for any of the 7, if you don't have any of those conditions then you don't need to show anything, other than that  it's up to you,you can  just checkbox no and risk it.

Thats how i read it anyway.

With reference to the person that could not get visa and passport;

To enter both documents, you have to copy both at same time (put the documents in same folder and then CTRL+A) then go to posting point and CTRL + C.

Best of luck!

• Like 1