Lockdown and curfew extended for 1 month

? BREAKING: The Thai government is extending the lockdown and curfew. They are also enlarging the dark red zone from 13 provinces to 29 provinces. 

Bangkok, Nonthaburi, Samut Prakan, Samut Sakhon, Pathum Thani, Nakhon Pathom, Ayutthaya, Chonburi, Chachoengsao, Kanchanaburi, Tak, Nakhon Nayok, Nakhon Ratchasima, Prachuap Khiri Khan, Prachinburi, Phetchaburi, Phetchabun, Rayong, Lopburi, Ratchaburi, Singburi, Samut Songkhram, Saraburi, Suphan Buri, Ang Thong, Narathiwat, Pattani, Songkhla and Yala.

‪#COVID19 #โควิด19 #โควิดวันนี้ #Thailand‬.received_357458982419614.thumb.jpeg.b48a15d3391eccbb2385d7e41d130dde.jpeg

Edited by Guest

EEEK!

Just noticed PKK is now dark red what real difference does that entail from the normal red of before

i live in the sticks so probably of little consequence to me but best to know

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, poohy said:

EEEK!

Just noticed PKK is now dark red what real difference does that entail from the normal red of before

i live in the sticks so probably of little consequence to me but best to know

Official announcement/Royal Gazette expected later but here is what has been stated as announced from the CCSA meeting today:

-Dark Red Zone measures will continue for at least two weeks. (Some Thai media has reported end of August, we will see what the final order says when released. It appears that there may be an evaluation in two weeks, but the measures are set for the whole month.)

-16 more provinces added to Dark Red zones, including Rayong and Hua Hin (Prachuap Khiri Khan) popular "escapes" for people from dark red zones. Governor's, even those like Rayong against tough dark red closure rules and restrictions, can only strengthen, not weaken the CCSA rules. This means tens of thousands more businesses will need to close and restaurants will need to stop dine-in, under current tough rules. This also means these areas will get mandatory curfews. Expect governors of these provinces to release orders "soon" with exact start dates and details.

-The 16 new members of the Dark Red club: Kanchanaburi, Tak, Nakhon Nayok, Nakhon Ratchasima, Prachuap Khiri Khan, Prachin Buri, Phetchaburi, Phetchabun, Rayong, Ratchaburi, Lopburi, Sing Buri, Samut Songkhram, Saraburi, Suphan Buri, Ang Thong

-Trat remains red to our South, we know we have readers there

-Restaurants in shopping malls and department stores can open for delivery only with rules. The storefront cannot be open, it's meant only for delivery drivers.  This was the only rule easing, leaving unpopular rules like closure of beaches and parks remaining.

-The official press conference is due at 5:00 P.M. This is a developing story and some details could change.

The Pattaya News

So are supermarkets still open? I've lived here for 22 years and I've had a gutful of the uncertainty. FFS bite the bullet and make a decision for once and let us know where we stand. I'm like many existing farangs here, I would bail out tomorrow if given the chance if it weren't for the assets I have here.

• Like 2

if you are in Hua Hin you better go out to dinner tonight because you know it will be all take out only soon and no massage. 

Edited by NCC1701A

Here we go again... More headless chicken mode that probably won't do a damn thing except crush even more people and businesses. 

Meanwhile, no noticeable improvement in the availability non Chinese of vaccines for the known vulnerable groups of people. 

Pure incompetence and malfeasance by the tin pot dictatorship. 

Nobody naw give you no break
Police naw give you no break
Soldier naw give you no break
Not even you 'idren naw give you no break
Hey

Lockdown, lockdown
What'cha gonna do?
What'cha gonna do when they come for you?
Lockdown, lockdown
What'cha gonna do?

On 8/1/2021 at 7:31 PM, NCC1701A said:

Nobody naw give you no break
Police naw give you no break
Soldier naw give you no break
Not even you 'idren naw give you no break
Hey

Lockdown, lockdown
What'cha gonna do?
Lockdown, lockdown
What'cha gonna do?

In Ubon the answer would be "Everything we normally do."

Bars (not all of them, but a lot of them) are still open in Ubon and openly serving customers.

4 hours ago, Ubon2530 said:

In Ubon the answer would be "Everything we normally do."

Bars (not all of them, but a lot of them) are still open in Ubon and openly serving customers.

Is the wrong way bar still going? sadly the see saw closed a few years back.

8 minutes ago, thai3 said:

Is the wrong way bar still going? sadly the see saw closed a few years back.

It was still going a few months ago, not sure about now.