August flight plans: Bangkok Airways, Nok Air, Thai Lion

Thaiger

With lockdowns, sealed provinces, travel restrictions and ever-changing updates due to the continuously growing Covid-19 infections around the country, struggling airlines are scrambling to keep up. AirAsia was the first earlier this month to cancel all domestic flights, and other airlines quickly followed suit. Yesterday Bangkok Airways cut nearly all of their domestic flights, extending their flight suspension until August 11. Now other airlines who cancelled flights until the end of July are announcing their updated plans as August begins. Bangkok Airways had said they would still operate their flights that are connected to the Phuket Sandbox and Samui Plus […]

The post August flight plans: Bangkok Airways, Nok Air, Thai Lion appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

a lot of staff going to loose their job i foreseen. it s vicious circle, if you let the virus running around the economy will go down at some stage, peoples will get sick and the business will not run. with the lockdown and restriction business will not run. either way the system as we know may fail at some stage. can we froze the planet for a month time to kill the bug and restart everything????????????? it does seems all these semi or demi measures are not really efficient.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, pascal said:

a lot of staff going to loose their job i foreseen. it s vicious circle, if you let the virus running around the economy will go down at some stage, peoples will get sick and the business will not run. with the lockdown and restriction business will not run. either way the system as we know may fail at some stage. can we froze the planet for a month time to kill the bug and restart everything????????????? it does seems all these semi or demi measures are not really efficient.

You are right - it is a very difficult decision to make. Damned if they do, and damned if they dont.  There is clearly no win/win scenario that I can see - glad I am not making the decisions.   

• Like 1

I literally have had 3 separate airlines cancel flights on me now, credit on all 3. 
Airlines should be giving refunds.  

At least its not huge money, but it is starting to add up.

At least the Thai's have realised that they've screwed sandbox tourists.  You can now get a sandbox bus back to Bangkok from Phuket (Central)

Link below:

สำหรับการจองรถ ออกจากภูเก็ต
LINK กรอกแบบฟอร์ม >> https://forms.gle/GqLxw2BTUMJ9GM2Q7

It would be interesting to establish exactly how many arrivals into Phuket and Samui were genuine tourists but it seems with all the restrictions especially the Samui plus that rather than attracting tourism the reverse maybe happening. Both plans rely on airlines providing services but for how long will they do this without making any profit.