New site for foreigner vaccine; Mor Prom deletes appointments

Thaiger

I just received an email reply from the second email address I used (not my registered immigration email) so clearly it does not have to be the email address registered with immigration 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, jimhollands said:

I just received an email reply from the second email address I used (not my registered immigration email) so clearly it does not have to be the email address registered with immigration 

Coincidence that , I checked my main email again and the confirmation email was there so now registered. I read elsewhere today that these vaccinations will use Pfizer 

5 minutes ago, gummy said:

Coincidence that , I checked my main email again and the confirmation email was there so now registered. I read elsewhere today that these vaccinations will use Pfizer 

Care to divulge your source, have so much smoke blown up my a$$ that l entertain myself in isolation by farting smoke rings

14 minutes ago, gummy said:

That would be a result 

Finally success! Some things I had to do differently…

I got a link to register on 2 different emails I used. Used the same one as my email at immigration. It was the email that I got the “email already used” on but the email with the link arrived anyway.

For the pics I just hit browse, browse photos, checked the 2 I needed and hit add (Ipad)… One problem I was having was adding a third pic of extension. when I took it off and just used PP and visa it worked. I was using chrome as my browser but not sure if safari was a problem….I think it was the 3 pics

9 minutes ago, DiggR said:

Care to divulge your source, have so much smoke blown up my a$$ that l entertain myself in isolation by farting smoke rings

Somebody sent me an email he had received earlier today which indicated that 150,000 of the Pfizer vaccines will be allocated for foreigners and it was associated also with an announcement by the US Embassy that the Thai government were going to release this new registration app ( which we now  know all about). However when he and I just read it again there was nothing in black and white just an inference so best we all just wait and see what it really is. Shame that because Pfizer is the one I would choose if possible.

1 hour ago, gummy said:

Somebody sent me an email he had received earlier today which indicated that 150,000 of the Pfizer vaccines will be allocated for foreigners and it was associated also with an announcement by the US Embassy that the Thai government were going to release this new registration app ( which we now  know all about). However when he and I just read it again there was nothing in black and white just an inference so best we all just wait and see what it really is. Shame that because Pfizer is the one I would choose if possible.

Thx Gummy, l had read the same and was hoping you had found more concrete evidence. Hopefully our supposition holds true and the vax doesn't get covered with nefarious slime and slip away.

3 hours ago, jimhollands said:

I've got another registration email too from one of the emails I have used before. After I've registered with another email already. 

So for everyone who got the error, I guess it'll arrive soon. But a bit strange that it only showed 'error' and not that they have received it and will be sent an email later. 

2 hours ago, gummy said:

I read elsewhere today that these vaccinations will use Pfizer 

Let's hope so, it's the vaccine with the least trouble so far. Mind sharing the link where you've read it? 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DiJoDavO said:

Let's hope so, it's the vaccine with the least trouble so far. Mind sharing the link where you've read it? 

I answered that earlier in post number 24742

5 hours ago, DiJoDavO said:

I see your profile name, are you Dutch? ?

I have a name, 2 middle names and a last name with 'van.....'. Whenever I fill in everything, it's not seen as valid somehow.

So, I just filled in 1 name, 1 middle name and the last name without 'van'. It worked.... 

But who knows, now I'm happy I'm finally in and then at Bang Sue, they might reject me because it's not exactly the same. ?

That was the only problem I had this evening, around 5pm, as I have two middle names - I just put the first - and everything else couldn't have been simpler.

First e-mail to confirm was received immediately, then the "successful" confirmation was received immediately after submission.

If only everything was so straightforward .....

3 hours ago, gummy said:

I think you're being a bit premature - that would only be sufficient for 75,000 foreigners (expats, tourists, elite visas, work permits, etc) and there are likely to be far more than that who are over 60, have medical conditions, etc.

One can feel nothing but sorry for Thailand. The Thai people deserve better than "sandbox" experimentation, bad decisions about ordering vaccines and less effective Chinese vaccine. But this is what happens; government officials make bad decisions and people die! In the US anyone can get vaccine instantly when they walk in to a pharmacy yet there is a trend of vaccine hesitancy. As much as 30% of the peple reisist getting vaccinated. Often when a parent or child dies in a family that they all decide to get vaccinated. Never underestimate human stupidity I guess!

• Like 1

Hurrah  now let's see if I actually get an appointment or will Big Brother Immigration  stop it from my improper TM-29 "report pissing outside your home" snafu. 

Hate the sexist titling required Miss or Mrs.  It's so blatant- why don't men have to announce a marriage status? 

Registration vaccine Aug 01 2021.png

• Like 2

4 hours ago, DiJoDavO said:

Thailand’s Center for COVID-19 Situation Administration (CCSA) has approved the allocation of some 150,000 doses of the US-donated Pfizer COVID-19 vaccine to foreign residents in Thailand.

Starting 1 August 2021, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs has launched a new online platform for foreign residents in Thailand to register for the FIRST dose of COVID-19 vaccination.

https://web.facebook.com/ThaiMFA/posts/6159252397448050

• Like 1

Got registered. It was a little unclear how to upload the pictures but it seemed to work.

It will be interesting to see how the distribution works. There was a recent article saying that red zones would get AZ and Phizer and other zones Sinovac and AZ.

As long as it keep me from dying I am good, just get me something, please. I will worry about the details when I have more than zero options.

Now if they could fix the TM30 and TM47 software, I would be really happy.

• Like 1

Hi All

Just wish to share my experience with my registration for the vaccine

I am 60, working here and attempted to register  on the 1st day registering was open for foreigners 60+ or with medical issue

After a few attempts I thought I had registered  for my 1st AV shot on Jun14 at Phyathai2 hospital,  I received no confirmation either by email or text to confirm this so I attempted to contact to contact both the hospital directly and email the website contact.  I could not get any confirmation or log on with my email address so on the following Friday I registered again with a different email address, different hospital for the AV vaccine, which I received a confirmation email, all good so I thought

The day prior to the 1st booking I received an email and text to attend Phyathai2 for my first AV shot which I did and subsequently tried to cancel other booking (no Luck)

For my 2nd shot which was scheduled for Aug 1, (this date was changed from October to Aug 1 as I plan to be out of Thailand in October). I did not receive any text or email so I just fronted up yesterday morning at Phyatahi2 and after a lot of chatter and looking at the computer screens by the staff I was given my second AV shot J

• Like 1

like many others, I had trouble registering, but out of the blue, many hours later, an email appeared, with a link to registration, so this morning, I have registered successfully. ??

15 hours ago, gummy said:

I registered successfully last night as I am over 60, and got the e-mail, but no appointment yet. A friend of mine who is 50 but over 100Kg registered this morning and got an appointment immediately after registration. If I do get an appointment and it is not Pfizer then I will refuse to take it. I am booked for Moderna in October

1 hour ago, WildIrishRover said:

I registered successfully last night as I am over 60, and got the e-mail, but no appointment yet. A friend of mine who is 50 but over 100Kg registered this morning and got an appointment immediately after registration. If I do get an appointment and it is not Pfizer then I will refuse to take it. I am booked for Moderna in October

Are you outside of BKK and is he in BKK?  That could be it.

• Like 1

From what I heard and read, vaccination registration seem to work about as efficiently in Thailand as their embassy in Washington D.C.; hard to figure out their forms and uploads, no acknowledgement or answer to emails, no one ever picks up the phone during work hours, nit picky about forms and information etc. The HUGE suprise to me was that when you sent them TOO MUCH DOCUMENTATION, i.e. doctor clerance, police clerance for a tourist visa they get VERY CONFUSED! So DON'T DO IT! I learned my lesson!

I was able to register this morning and now waiting for my appointment. As an American I am curious as to what vaccine I will receive if I will get 1 of the promised phizer or a homemade astro zinica 

1 hour ago, ChristyS said:

Has anyone gotten an actual appointment set  from their registration?  

In a round about way l have an unconfirmed date of 29Aug at Bangkok Hospital Khon Kaen.

I emailed them with a quote from the Expatvac website regarding them being a designated vax facility and they replied that that l needed to coordinate an appointment via Expatvac for 29Aug. Around and around we go.

Nothing from Expatvac since my registration confirmation email.

• Like 1

On 8/2/2021 at 3:29 AM, WildIrishRover said:

You won't be getting Moderna in October 100% guaranteed! The CEO of Moderna has already stated in a Bloomberg interview that even is the contract was signed today (and this interview was around 1 month ago), Moderna would not be in Asia before March 2022 EARLIEST !

The thai health secretary himself has said he has not seen a draft contract to buy Moderna and it would be he who would have to sign it.