New site for foreigner vaccine; Mor Prom deletes appointments

Thaiger

In life – as in vaccine registration processes – if at first you don’t succeed, try a few dozen more times. Following on the myriad plans to register people, local and foreigners for vaccines, many of which started and ended within days and suffered data leaks, site crashes, glitches (see the second half of this article) and near-constant confusion, a new vaccine site is launching in the morning. ExpatVac.Consular.Go.th is set to go live at 11 am on the first of the month and serve as a Covid-19 vaccine registration website for foreigners in Thailand. The Ministry of Foreign Affairs […]

The post New site for foreigner vaccine; Mor Prom deletes appointments appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Finally maybe something, before I die, hope the hospitals here also get some info on it from the government , the website will probably any crash again when it opens, no desent hosting in place... 

Edited by Paco
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, BenChWI said:

Will this new site include registration for the recently arrive Pfizer vaccine?

We will just have to wait and see but I note it is supposedly running from 11am which means it will have crashed or otherwise be unavailable shortly afterwards based on recent performance of other similar sites.

I find the presentation of this news article unnecessarily negative. Apparently full of sarcasm.

Yes, there have been difficulties over the recent past, but please let's try to be more positive about efforts to get vaccinations for all who want them.

• Haha 1

Based upon over a year of efforts by the "professionals", a bit of skepticism is not out of line.  Let's hope they have learned from previous efforts.

• Like 4

I completly agree with DiggR.

Probably against my better justment, I hope this time this "new" registration website will function as it should be functioning (in the view of potential users) within 24 hours after opening.

It would be fantastic if after that, made appointments (by that I mean a validated appointment will be executed within a week after registering), will be effectively honoured.

You never know. I think the PM and his croonies are finaly starting to realise, that the cattle is getting ready to stampede.

• Like 1

Was too late to edit it seems - so will add this.

Edit:  Believe many larger hospitals are also opening direct registration as vaccine becomes available so worth checking local facilities as things are looking better for shots this month.  

I am not sure that it is a wise thing to do, to attend an appointment and wait for many hours with thousands of others in a place where no social distancing is policed, and with no guarantee that you will actually get a vaccine dose.   From what I have seen, admittedly only what I have seen in the news, it might be safer to join the private hospital queues and wait.  I dont care what angle you look at it, there is risk in being in the close proximity of thousands of unvaccinated people while there is a massive surge in new daily cases.  Just my opinion - up to you.

• Like 4

47 minutes ago, lopburi3 said:

Was too late to edit it seems - so will add this.

Edit:  Believe many larger hospitals are also opening direct registration as vaccine becomes available so worth checking local facilities as things are looking better for shots this month.  

This was received 2 days ago, seems try, try again is still the mandatory modus operandi.

Dear Customer 

We apologies for any inconvenience. Reservations Moderna have been postponed indefinitely. You can follow up on social media.        

https://www.bangkokhospitalkhonkaen.com

Best regards,

Bangkok Hospital Khonkaen

Tel : 043 042 888 # 9

• Thanks 1

I managed to get as far as entering my email address before the site kicked me out. Now it won't let me try again because my email address has already been taken. SNAFU

3 hours ago, Anon said:

I find the presentation of this news article unnecessarily negative. Apparently full of sarcasm.

Yes, there have been difficulties over the recent past, but please let's try to be more positive about efforts to get vaccinations for all who want them.

every reason for it to be negative, all they do is made with glue it seems, no dedicated servers, no good security, etc. just made by a 5 year old so yes all the correct article written

oh and appointment cancelled every time ... they should proof themself to do something good before to get a positive article. but they great in messing things up and making it worse, i think this is just made to give you hope again so we quiet, all it is

Edited by Paco
  • Like 1
  • Cool 1

1 minute ago, shanghailoz said:

1650973963_ScreenShot2021-08-01at11_12_25AM.thumb.png.1336dd17016bbad2fa607223f16fe3f4.png

Same here, problem is when refreshing it states @that email is used already" so now used up 3 of my emails. Won't bother with yet another piece of crappy Thai software again.

1 minute ago, JED1 said:

I managed to get as far as entering my email address before the site kicked me out. Now it won't let me try again because my email address has already been taken. SNAFU

Must have got the 5 year olds back in their IT team again

1 minute ago, JED1 said:

Same here. What is the deal with Thai Website developers? I refuse to believe there are no experts in the whole of Thailand that can build a fully functioning website. Especially with something that is so important. 

Just registered and got a "Registration Success" whatevver that means

Registration SUCCESS

Please constantly check your email. Once available appointment slot is sent to your email, please confirm within 24 hours.

Failure to confirm within 24 hours will result in the cancellation of your preregistration.

For those residing in provinces other than Bangkok and neighbouring provinces (Nakorn Pathom, Nonthaburi, Pathum Thani, Samut Prakan and Samut Sakhon), the Ministry of Public Health will assign a vaccination site in your area. Your vaccination allocation will be provided according to priorities set by the Ministry of Public Health, i.e. age group, vulnerability, high risk zone e.t.c

2 minutes ago, NateUK said:

Same here. What is the deal with Thai Website developers? I refuse to believe there are no experts in the whole of Thailand that can build a fully functioning website. Especially with something that is so important. 

Deliberately non-working if you ask me. They claim and spout publicly that they have foreigners concerns at heart yet go out of their way to ensure they can not register and foil subsequent attempts by blocking the use of your email. 

8 minutes ago, JED1 said:

Exactly same as my experience. Another site, another failure and I tried mine and my wife's email addresses. Sick to F...k of trying to register while our Embassies sit with their fingers up their a'ss constantly telling us to register with local health providers.

• Like 3

Just now, Aussieroaming said:

Exactly same as my experience. Another site, another failure and I tried mine and my wife's email addresses. Sick to F...k of trying to register while our Embassies sit with their fingers up their a'ss constantly telling us to register with local health providers.

Well you are lucky as the British Ambassador has different things up his arse whilst he wonders how not to help British Nationals, whom along with other taxpayers, funds his services to his fellow man !! wink wink

2 minutes ago, gummy said:

Deliberately non-working if you ask me. They claim and spout publicly that they have foreigners concerns at heart yet go out of their way to ensure they can not register and foil subsequent attempts by blocking the use of your email. 

"Thailand ONLY" Is the phrase I tend to use so often these days. Even after 8 years of living in this country, it still astounding the lack of planning and organisation. It's something we all normally laugh about and live with, but when it's a serious matter, this place becomes very dangerous and rather concerning. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Rotweiler said:

Just registered and got a "Registration Success" whatevver that means

Registration SUCCESS

Please constantly check your email. Once available appointment slot is sent to your email, please confirm within 24 hours.

Failure to confirm within 24 hours will result in the cancellation of your preregistration.

For those residing in provinces other than Bangkok and neighbouring provinces (Nakorn Pathom, Nonthaburi, Pathum Thani, Samut Prakan and Samut Sakhon), the Ministry of Public Health will assign a vaccination site in your area. Your vaccination allocation will be provided according to priorities set by the Ministry of Public Health, i.e. age group, vulnerability, high risk zone e.t.c

Well done.

Good luck.