SAGE, the UK's health "expert panel," warns next Covid "super mutant variant" could kill up to one in three people, and the "vaccine roll-out may even speed up mutant strain's emergence.

JUST IN - SAGE, the UK's health "expert panel," warns next Covid "super mutant variant" could kill up to one in three people, and the "vaccine roll-out may even speed up mutant strain's emergence."

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9844701/SAGE-Covid-variant-kill-one-three-people.html

SAGE report published today:

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/long-term-evolution-of-sars-cov-2-26-july-2021

4 minutes ago, Poolie said:

Could, may, any more non-specifics?

And the Daily Mail to top it all off. How much was their house worth?

U got there UK gov site link too so try harder 

Edited by Guest

45 minutes ago, Xaos said:

JUST IN - SAGE, the UK's health "expert panel," warns next Covid "super mutant variant" could kill up to one in three people, and the "vaccine roll-out may even speed up mutant strain's emergence."

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9844701/SAGE-Covid-variant-kill-one-three-people.html

SAGE report published today:

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/long-term-evolution-of-sars-cov-2-26-july-2021

Well taking that headline at face value and bearing in mind most of the 7 billion on this planet are not medical experts this is certainly a startling headline. When things like "vaccine roll-out may even speed up mutant strain's emergence.", then that provides further argument for the anti vaxxes irrespective of whether that statement is later to be proved right  or wrong. 

Suggesting it could kill one in three indicates that will reduce the world population by 35%. Think of the impact all those crematoria burning away will increase global warming.  

So in summary as a layman there are three take-aways from those headlines

1) Being vaccinated speed's up this new strains mutation so the converse argument must be that less vaccinations will slow down this super strains mutation - Here that Mr PM , things could look up for you after all !

2) 35% mortality gets the world population down to 4.55 billion  so less pressure on food resources and less demand from the Chinese for Durian

3) Increase in global warming due to cremations will rapidly increase global warming and ice melting so we may be lucky and see Bangkok under water in 40 years rather than 80, well those that are still alive anyway. Mr PM plan for it now, scrape the Chinese railways and build a few arks.

1 hour ago, Xaos said:

I did try harder.

I read the UK Gov link.

It doesn't say or in any way suggest that "SAGE, the UK's health "expert panel," warns next Covid "super mutant variant" could kill up to one in three people, and the "vaccine roll-out may even speed up mutant strain's emergence." "

That simply never happens, and it's pure fabrication and fantasy.

You disagree, @Xaos?

Then quote the SAGE report and give a paragraph number.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Xaos said:

I refuse to read the Daily Mail. I think that was what you were getting at?

Many expert virologists, who have been ignored by the msm and the sheeple, have argued for over a year that quick introductions of vaccines wiil lead to mutations causing more harm than good.  

Edited by billywillyjones

41 minutes ago, Stonker said:

I did try harder.

I read the UK Gov link.

It doesn't say or in any way suggest that "SAGE, the UK's health "expert panel," warns next Covid "super mutant variant" could kill up to one in three people, and the "vaccine roll-out may even speed up mutant strain's emergence." "

That simply never happens, and it's pure fabrication and fantasy.

You disagree, @Xaos?

Then quote the SAGE report and give a paragraph number.

35% I guess that's that

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/1007566/S1335_Long_term_evolution_of_SARS-CoV-2.pdf

Screenshot_20210731-210219_Drive.thumb.jpg.edf58dee9a779a61f6930873bcb2ee93.jpg

And there is also a great likely hood that the wind will blow hard tomorrow and I will get a tremendous erection.

26 minutes ago, Xaos said:

Thank you for the confirmation,@Xaos.

As I said, it "doesn't say or in any way suggest that "SAGE, the UK's health "expert panel," warns next Covid "super mutant variant" could kill up to one in three people, and the "vaccine roll-out may even speed up mutant strain's emergence." "

What you have shown is "Scenario 1".

What you neglected to show, as explained on the preceding page, was that these are "hypothetical scenarios" (my bold).

You (and the Daily Mail) have also mis-understood the "35% case fatality". That isn't that it would "kill one in three people" but that it would kill one in three cases.  Very different.

... and I'm still looking for anything you've copied that says that "the "vaccine roll-out may even speed up mutant strain's emergence." ", although there's no shortage of very clear statements for all scenarios that vaccinations are vital.

As I said, "pure fabrication and fantasy", although in hindsight that may have been unfair since I hadn't considered that you may have a problem with basic comprehension skills.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Stonker said:

Thank you for the confirmation,@Xaos.

As I said, it "doesn't say or in any way suggest that "SAGE, the UK's health "expert panel," warns next Covid "super mutant variant" could kill up to one in three people, and the "vaccine roll-out may even speed up mutant strain's emergence." "

What you have shown is "Scenario 1".

What you neglected to show, as explained on the preceding page, was that these are "hypothetical scenarios" (my bold).

You (and the Daily Mail) have also mis-understood the "35% case fatality". That isn't that it would "kill one in three people" but that it would kill one in three cases.  Very different.

... and I'm still looking for anything you've copied that says that "the "vaccine roll-out may even speed up mutant strain's emergence." ", although there's no shortage of very clear statements for all scenarios that vaccinations are vital.

As I said, "pure fabrication and fantasy", although in hindsight that may have been unfair since I hadn't considered that you may have a problem with basic comprehension skills.

Agreed that's scenarios but fact is one of the scenarios they says 35% which is high.

At this point anything is possible in future we don't know where all this is going. 

Not so much fantasy cuz it was done on chickens and ferrets for Marek's disease if u familiar with it.

Ain't looking good to me tho

Edited by Guest

That report is actually very good.

Problem is, someone hasn't the background to fully understand it. In particular, sensationalist tabloids like dailymail.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, Xaos said:

Agreed that's scenarios but fact is one of the scenarios they says 35% which is high.

It's "hypothetical", FFS.

... as for Fox News ... please ...