Phuket Sandbox Covid-19 infections: 35 today, 209 this week

Thaiger

11 minutes ago, Brian5555 said:

Je ne peux pas croire ce que les gens disent parfois sur ce forum. J'accepte que beaucoup donnent des opinions et c'est très bien. Je ne suis pas d'accord avec la photo qui a été publiée parce que je suis ici maintenant et c'est vraiment incroyable d'être de retour et certainement rien comme cette photo. 

Je commence à penser qu'il n'y a pas de messages de sandboxers comme moi à cause de tous les alarmistes et de la négativité, nous profitons du meilleur de la Thaïlande et de Phuket ici. Je pourrais poster des photos incroyables et peut-être montrerai-je une vue vraiment positive, bien que cela puisse me poser des problèmes d'introduction pour être si positif, contre toutes les affiches négatives ici. 

Je fais tout ce que je pouvais faire auparavant, mais avec moins de foule et de bruit. 

Quant à la paperasse, c'est relativement simple et le coût moins cher de l'hôtel l'emporte sur le coût des trois tests. J'ai payé exactement le même prix pour être ici qu'avant. 

La Thaïlande doit ouvrir, alors comment auraient-ils pu le faire autrement ? Cette approche d'une ouverture lente est à mon sens tout à fait réussie. Les touristes ont été vaccinés, testés minutieusement à trois reprises, ce qui confirme la raison des faibles résultats positifs des 13 000 arrivées du cirque. 

Je suis un sanboxeur très heureux et fier d'avoir été l'un des premiers. 

Acclamations

Brian

What is wrong is the great precaution implemented for tourists coming from abroad and let it be for nationals (one month PCR test for students!)

The communication is to say that Phuket is safe for tourists without having taken the measures to confirm this ...

3 tourists tested positive in the third test and therefore contaminated on the island ...

15 minutes ago, Brian5555 said:

I can’t believe what people are stating on this Forum sometimes. I accept that a lot are giving opinions and that is fine. I disagree with the picture which was posted because I am here now and it is truly amazing to be back and certainly nothing like that photo. 

I am starting to think that there are no posts from sandboxers like myself because of all the scaremongering and negativity, we are enjoying the best of Thailand and Phuket here. I could post some amazing photo’s and perhaps I will showing a truly positive view, although that may get me intro trouble for being so positive, against all the negative posters here. 

I am doing everything that I could do previously, but with the benefit of lesser crowds and noise. 

As for the paperwork, it’s relatively simple and the cheaper cost of the hotel outweighs the cost of the three tests. I have paid exactly the same to be here as I would have done previously. 

Thailand has to open, so how else could they have done it? This approach to a slow opening is completely successful in my opinion.  Tourists vaccinated, tested thoroughly three times, and that confirms the reason for the low positive results from circus 13,000 arrivals. 

I am a thoroughly happy sanboxer and proud to have been one of the first. 

Cheers

Brian

Great post Brian and this time next week I’ll be there enjoying the tranquility too, have a great time Brian & don’t post any lovely pictures as you might upset a few people haha 

• Like 1

Ever seen life in Sweden? 

How about Kazachstan, Uzbekistan? Life goes on resteurants open, businesses not ruined, tourists can come with 1 PCR I could go on and on. Thai covid policy is beyond retarded. Pattaya is ruined, ppl beg for food, and their major just extended total lockdown, for sure he goes by science and real data and not by big pharma perks or whatever else. 

I would add that 30 PCR positive for a population of 13,000 tourists is an incidence rate of practically 58, it is huge for a population of people completely vaccinated.

Phuket has 400,000 inhabitants, 237 infections over the last 7 days is an incidence rate of 59.

27 minutes ago, Brian5555 said:

I can’t believe what people are stating on this Forum sometimes. I accept that a lot are giving opinions and that is fine. I disagree with the picture which was posted because I am here now and it is truly amazing to be back and certainly nothing like that photo. 

I am starting to think that there are no posts from sandboxers like myself because of all the scaremongering and negativity, we are enjoying the best of Thailand and Phuket here. I could post some amazing photo’s and perhaps I will showing a truly positive view, although that may get me intro trouble for being so positive, against all the negative posters here. 

I am doing everything that I could do previously, but with the benefit of lesser crowds and noise. 

As for the paperwork, it’s relatively simple and the cheaper cost of the hotel outweighs the cost of the three tests. I have paid exactly the same to be here as I would have done previously. 

Thailand has to open, so how else could they have done it? This approach to a slow opening is completely successful in my opinion.  Tourists vaccinated, tested thoroughly three times, and that confirms the reason for the low positive results from circus 13,000 arrivals. 

Cheers

Brian

Well said and enjoy all your time there, mate.

I would like nothing more than to tell you all, which bars (or restaurants should I say, sorry) are open, massages normal, amazing restaurants and food, the beach both in the day and night after 9pm, coconut bar!, etc etc, but for fear of incriminating anyone or anything I simply can’t. That being said, for those that are coming, apart from a lot of shops being closed, but slowly each day opening one by one, I promise you won’t be disappointed and will find your feet very quickly. 
Even with the additional paperwork which was easy, I would do this all over again in a heartbeat. 
The Thai people have been amazing and so welcoming, across the board, obviously appreciative of the tourists who are here now. And no, I don’t have a business, family or even girlfriend here, I am simply a regular tourist who hasn’t been here for 16 months.  
I can see why the other Sandboxers are not posting, because we are enjoying it as it is, for now. I would not want to be here when the floodgates open for mass tourism without any restrictions. Let’s be sensible and slowly open up Thailand so we can all enjoy this amazing place, in a respectful, peaceful and safe manner. 
Chok dee krup. (I think that’s right) Cheers. 
Brian

44 minutes ago, Brian5555 said:

Thanks for posting this Brian5555. I hope more “Sandboxers” will give a real experience view of how things are. Out of interest and if you don’t mind, would you describe yourself as a genuine tourist, Thai National returning home, returning expat or returning long stay (3 months+)? 

I agree the prices of hotels should certainly offset the additional costs of PCR tests, which is great news. When you say you can do everything you did previously, could you say a little more about what you do in the evenings from say 5pm until midnight. For me, I’d like to be able to have dinner around 19:00, then go for a few beers until around 10:30-11 and head back to the hotel (occasionally 2am?).  Obviously the late option is closed, but how you fill the time in the evenings would be good to know. Most of the posts and information you see elsewhere portrays Phuket’s major towns such as Patong and Karon as ghost towns and virtual no go areas after dark. Some pictures with location and times would really help balance the view of what it is really like there now. 

Thanks again ??

11 minutes ago, Brian5555 said:

I would like nothing more than to tell you all, which bars (or restaurants should I say, sorry) are open, massages normal, amazing restaurants and food, the beach both in the day and night after 9pm, coconut bar!, etc etc, but for fear of incriminating anyone or anything I simply can’t

Thanks, you beat me to my question. That’s encouraging to hear and certainly move me more towards making the trip sooner than later ??

10 minutes ago, Soidog said:

Thanks for posting this Brian5555. I hope more “Sandboxers” will give a real experience view of how things are. Out of interest and if you don’t mind, would you describe yourself as a genuine tourist, Thai National returning home, returning expat or returning long stay (3 months+)? 

I agree the prices of hotels should certainly offset the additional costs of PCR tests, which is great news. When you say you can do everything you did previously, could you say a little more about what you do in the evenings from say 5pm until midnight. For me, I’d like to be able to have dinner around 19:00, then go for a few beers until around 10:30-11 and head back to the hotel (occasionally 2am?).  Obviously the late option is closed, but how you fill the time in the evenings would be good to know. Most of the posts and information you see elsewhere portrays Phuket’s major towns such as Patong and Karon as ghost towns and virtual no go areas after dark. Some pictures with location and times would really help balance the view of what it is really like there now. 

Thanks again ??

Hi,

I am a genuine tourist from the UK. I generally come to Thailand a couple of times per year but haven’t been since March 2020. 

I would have done exactly the same, dinner at 7pm, beers and bars until 2am and then back to the hotel. The difference now, is that you will start your evening off at 4pm or 5pm as the bars strictly close at 9pm. There are a few bars open after that but I would not be prepared to take that risk and go in. 
I am in Patong, and a lot of the restaurants are open serving amazing Thai and italian and other food. 
If you like, you can go to the beach after 9pm, there are runners to fetch you food and drink if you like, but the people who are there, are in small clusters. It’s not a party or disco and you have to accept that. It’s not the old Bangla Road as it used to be. There is no booming music, but there are restaurants and bars with live music too! It’s a comfortable, quiet and safe place to be. There are regular checks when you enter places for your temperature and name (sometimes). 
Admittedly, yes indeed, there are so places closed, but it is certainly not the negative picture people are painting in their comments. 
The paperwork is so straightforward. It doesn’t even cost you anything at all other than your covid tests. The hotel staff are so welcoming and all have a designated sandbox manager or manageress to take care of your every needs. There are no restrictions in the hotels either, as some may have previously said! I hope this helps but would prefer, as I suspect most sandboxers, not to post photo’s. 
cheers

Brian

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, vvdb.fr said:

I would add that 30 PCR positive for a population of 13,000 tourists is an incidence rate of practically 58, it is huge for a population of people completely vaccinated.

Phuket has 400,000 inhabitants, 237 infections over the last 7 days is an incidence rate of 59.

False cuz u don't even know how many threshold cycles they use. PCR is not a test. Most are asymptomatic healthy ppl with false positives. 

Positive PCR doesn't means infected or sick.

PCR can't tell difference between flu or whatever.

At 50 cycles we can find covid in your shoes.

7 minutes ago, Brian5555 said:

Hi,

I am a genuine tourist from the UK. I generally come to Thailand a couple of times per year but haven’t been since March 2020. 

I would have done exactly the same, dinner at 7pm, beers and bars until 2am and then back to the hotel. The difference now, is that you will start your evening off at 4pm or 5pm as the bars strictly close at 9pm. There are a few bars open after that but I would not be prepared to take that risk and go in. 
I am in Patong, and a lot of the restaurants are open serving amazing Thai and italian and other food. 
If you like, you can go to the beach after 9pm, there are runners to fetch you food and drink if you like, but the people who are there, are in small clusters. It’s not a party or disco and you have to accept that. It’s not the old Bangla Road as it used to be. There is no booming music, but there are restaurants and bars with live music too! It’s a comfortable, quiet and safe place to be. There are regular checks when you enter places for your temperature and name (sometimes). 
Admittedly, yes indeed, there are so places closed, but it is certainly not the negative picture people are painting in their comments. 
The paperwork is so straightforward. It doesn’t even cost you anything at all other than your covid tests. The hotel staff are so welcoming and all have a designated sandbox manager or manageress to take care of your every needs. There are no restrictions in the hotels either, as some may have previously said! I hope this helps but would prefer, as I suspect most sandboxers, not to post photo’s. 
cheers

Brian

Thanks for this Brian. Much appreciated and helpful. 

22 hours ago, Stardust said:

So the max 90 cases  per week for the Sandbox was fake news from the Governer?!

Hard to separate fact from fiction when what they say as truth is clearly a lie now.

But was easy to foresee as its usually all about the Baht....no thai fortune teller needed on this one...

Must protect the Thais, but let the vaxxed farangs come and spend money, and maybe we will ASQ you

and make you cancel your hotel, as we have you right where we want you, like fish in a barrel, in the "box"

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Brian5555 said:

If you like, you can go to the beach after 9pm, there are runners to fetch you food and drink if you

Genuine tourist? Frequent visitor is a better description. You may be spending more time here then people who live here and work off shore. it appears as if you do the same old ,same old every trip. this seems more like a second home then a tourist vacation. while all is great you did seem to forget that the central mall was closed for 7 days, schools are closed , a major market in phuket town is closed again ( you know where phuket town is) and lest we forget local travel is somewhat restricted. yes definitely a beautiful place to be at this time. i am sure the locally owned thai small shops appreciate your daytime spending habits.

quote-richard-feynman-rather-have-questions-cant-be-answered-answers-cant-be-questioned.jpg.466e77dff2a7dac2b3e8b99e7c89333d.jpg

1 hour ago, triplebogey said:

Genuine tourist? Frequent visitor is a better description. You may be spending more time here then people who live here and work off shore. it appears as if you do the same old ,same old every trip. this seems more like a second home then a tourist vacation. while all is great you did seem to forget that the central mall was closed for 7 days, schools are closed , a major market in phuket town is closed again ( you know where phuket town is) and lest we forget local travel is somewhat restricted. yes definitely a beautiful place to be at this time. i am sure the locally owned thai small shops appreciate your daytime spending habits.

quote-richard-feynman-rather-have-questions-cant-be-answered-answers-cant-be-questioned.jpg.466e77dff2a7dac2b3e8b99e7c89333d.jpg

I think it is for this type of post, why Sandboxers are not posting anything on this Forum. 
Disappointing that you think you know so much about me, when in actual fact, everything you said is completely wrong but it I wouldn’t get into a ping pong posting over it and you are entitled to your opinion. 
In any event, as a Sandboxer and a genuine tourist and not a frequent visitor, I will continue to enjoy Phuket for all its beauty and splendors. Good luck when you eventually come or don’t come, as I suspect it is more likely the latter. 
Cheers. 
PS. I noticed even more shops opened on the 1st August, so I think the message is getting out there, admittedly very  slowly but surely. Good luck Thailand as I can see this is a good start to a very difficult economic situation, despite the increasing numbers in other provinces. My second test all complete this morning, and what I would say, is that there was a constant stream of people being tested, both international and Thais, which is good to see. 
PPS. Good luck to all of you whom decide to come and when you arrive settle in and then get yourself about and find your feet and enjoy. Cheers

1 hour ago, Brian5555 said:

I think it is for this type of post, why Sandboxers are not posting anything on this Forum. 
Disappointing that you think you know so much about me, when in actual fact, everything you said is completely wrong but it I wouldn’t get into a ping pong posting over it and you are entitled to your opinion. 
In any event, as a Sandboxer and a genuine tourist and not a frequent visitor, I will continue to enjoy Phuket for all its beauty and splendors. Good luck when you eventually come or don’t come, as I suspect it is more likely the latter. 
Cheers. 
PS. I noticed even more shops opened on the 1st August, so I think the message is getting out there, admittedly very  slowly but surely. Good luck Thailand as I can see this is a good start to a very difficult economic situation, despite the increasing numbers in other provinces. My second test all complete this morning, and what I would say, is that there was a constant stream of people being tested, both international and Thais, which is good to see. 
PPS. Good luck to all of you whom decide to come and when you arrive settle in and then get yourself about and find your feet and enjoy. Cheers

all i know about you is what you stated in your post frequent visits dinner at 7 bars till closing and that is all wrong??? but you are correct i will never be a sandboxer

On 8/1/2021 at 12:00 PM, Xaos said:

There is the WHO standard.

And PCR distinguishes between variants ... So it differentiates between covid and influenza.

You spread fakenews

Edited by vvdb.fr
English
  • Like 1

On 8/1/2021 at 3:52 PM, vvdb.fr said:

Je pourrais poster des photos incroyables et peut-être montrerai-je une vue vraiment positive, bien que cela puisse me poser des problèmes d'introduction pour être si positif, contre toutes les affiches négatives ici. 

Then why don't you???

Just start giving people Ivermectin. India cut down skyrocketing daily cases from 400 000 in May to 40 000 currently! The climate and other factors are the same pretty much in most parts as in Thailand. The only difference is that they started handing out home medical kits with that drug in it in massive numbers.

10 minutes ago, JackIsAGoodBoy said:

Just start giving people Ivermectin. India cut down skyrocketing daily cases from 400 000 in May to 40 000 currently! The climate and other factors are the same pretty much in most parts as in Thailand. The only difference is that they started handing out home medical kits with that drug in it in massive numbers.

"India experienced a decrease in the number of COVID-19 cases in May 2021. However, no data is available to support the claim that this is causally associated with the recommendation to use ivermectin. The reduced spread of the disease began before India released official recommendations to use that drug. In spite of several clinical studies, no reliable evidence is available to suggest that hydroxychloroquine or ivermectin are effective against COVID-19. At the moment, international health agencies and scientific societies discourage using these drugs to treat COVID-19, except in clinical trials designed to assess their efficacy."  healthfeedback.org

https://healthfeedback.org/claimreview/no-data-available-to-suggest-a-link-between-indias-reduction-of-covid-19-cases-and-the-use-of-ivermectin-jim-hoft-gateway-pundit/

36 minutes ago, MrStretch said:

"India experienced a decrease in the number of COVID-19 cases in May 2021. However, no data is available to support the claim that this is causally associated with the recommendation to use ivermectin.

https://healthfeedback.org/claimreview/no-data-available-to-suggest-a-link-between-indias-reduction-of-covid-19-cases-and-the-use-of-ivermectin-jim-hoft-gateway-pundit/

That is the usual bullshit spiel in western publications. "No evidence"...just 60 or so publications and more coming all the time.

https://covid.us.org/2021/06/27/ivermectin-use-in-india/

Nobody has explained how suddenly India cut the daily numbers by 90 percent when at the same time Thailand with similar climate experienced massive rise in the number of cases.

They also tested with 4000 health care Indian workers, 3000 takers and 1000 non-takers. 2 percent tested positively to Covid during the next month vs 11 percent of non-takers.  Ivermectin is working also as a preventive measure.

Hi All,

We just seem to be heading off topic which is about the Sandbox.

Discussions about the effectiveness or otherwise of Ivermectin are best applied to topics in the Covid-19 section of the forum.

Thanks

16 hours ago, JackIsAGoodBoy said:

To calm the population India gave ivermicin which is not a cure for covid according to the WHO.

India has not controlled the massive use of corticosteroid treatments in the face of Covid-19, in particular "in self-medication". India finds itself with a black fungus 'epidemic' (40,000 cases).

We must avoid doing anything !