40,000 cases a day could happen by September, says projection

Thaiger

1 hour ago, yetanother said:

indeed they do, and dealing with the IMF in these days of capital shortages won't be fun

China is ready, willing and waiting.

• Like 2

Just now, yetanother said:

if so then a very smart overall strategy on their part

I think it's worthwhile to think outside the box in this. C-19 is simply a stepping stone to get world change. Behind it all are the elites and the bankers.

Russia has been getting rid of its dollar liability, and China is buying up any gold that comes on the market.

The US position; as the world's policeman, leader of the free world etc, is seriously under threat. Not mentioned so much now-a-days is that both Libya and Iraq had started to deal in a currency other than dollars. Iran has signed up with long term deals with China. It's all rather risky and precarious.

Back to China's gold. IMO, their plan is to back either the yuan, or there new digital currency, or even another (we don't know about) with gold. Countries will have to fall into line, or risk ostracization; Australia is feeling the might of China right now.

Don't want to stray off topic, but IMO, C-19 is not only a barrier to clear thinking, but is simply a big-picture diversion.

• Like 2

No Covid in China tho. 1bil country. 64 new cases and 0 deaths. 

Beijing Shanghai total deaths are below 10 

That's 25mil big cities.

Sounds about right nothing to see here.

15 hours ago, yetanother said:

yeah that is DOA, what used to be quoted in months or maybe quarters is now quoted in years

Sweet, empty golf courses everywhere instead of packed with selfish, hopeless Bangkokian golfers! 

Long may it continue 

1 minute ago, Benroon said:

Sweet, empty golf courses everywhere instead of packed with selfish, hopeless Bangkokian golfers! 

Long may it continue 

Not all Generals receiving VIP treatment and free golf come from Bangkok. In fact there is an infestation of them nationwide apparently.

Will be interesting to see if Thailand goes on the U.K. Red list. The criteria is over 20 new cases per 100,000 on a rolling 7 day average (so 14,000 for Thai 70m population) which is now being comfortably exceeded here. 

Bad news for anyone thinking of returning home (or get out before Aug 4th/5th when the list is updated).

On 8/1/2021 at 9:05 AM, BlueSphinx said:

Statistics is the disipline that concerns the collection, organisation, analysis, interpretation and presentation of data. In applying statistics to a social problem, it is conventional to begin with a statistical population or a statistical model to be studied. In this case the population of Thailand, the numbers of immigants (illegal or otherwise), the rise in confirmed cases daily, the numbers of recovered persons, the number of vaccinated persons are all contributing to the projected incidents of infection in future.  What are your predictions for Thailand up to the years end and what figures did you use to compute this? 

On 7/31/2021 at 6:11 PM, Shark said:

This is the 'price' of the 'go-to family for Songkran' and wanting to keep 'Krungthep open'

What will be will be

57 minutes ago, Jannot said:

Statistics is the disipline that concerns the collection, organisation, analysis, interpretation and presentation of data. In applying statistics to a social problem, it is conventional to begin with a statistical population or a statistical model to be studied. In this case the population of Thailand, the numbers of immigants (illegal or otherwise), the rise in confirmed cases daily, the numbers of recovered persons, the number of vaccinated persons are all contributing to the projected incidents of infection in future.  What are your predictions for Thailand up to the years end and what figures did you use to compute this?

I have given many in-company courses on Applied Statistics, so I am not unfamiliar with the subject. 

But I was reacting to the statement that according to a projection from the Ministry of Public Health, Thailand could see over 40,000 cases and 500 deaths per day if restrictions are not stringently followed/enforced and all inhabitants give their full cooperation. The projection says the 40,000 cases could be seen by September.  And you responded on that one with 'Statistics agree on this'.

The assumption being that without stringent measures being taken that this would be the likely outcome.  So I was interested which modelling the Thai MPH had used that prompted you to agree with that statement. 

Desperate times for those pushing the jabs.

There are just too many people saying 'no thanks' across the world.

When it all crashes and burns, I hope we can rebuild better.

• Like 3

On 8/3/2021 at 10:54 AM, BlueSphinx said:

I have given many in-company courses on Applied Statistics, so I am not unfamiliar with the subject. 

But I was reacting to the statement that according to a projection from the Ministry of Public Health, Thailand could see over 40,000 cases and 500 deaths per day if restrictions are not stringently followed/enforced and all inhabitants give their full cooperation. The projection says the 40,000 cases could be seen by September.  And you responded on that one with 'Statistics agree on this'.

The assumption being that without stringent measures being taken that this would be the likely outcome.  So I was interested which modelling the Thai MPH had used that prompted you to agree with that statement. 

I didn't think so deeply into it as I already was of the opinion that 40,000 daily infected was likley but I thought Christmas. I dont see anything stopping it only slowing the overall figures by speeding up the vaccination. Sinovac now shown to be less effective has thrown yet another variable into the pot. Statistics as you will be aware only give an indication based on the available information and projected data produced.

• Thanks 1

a nation state covid incubator right next door. good luck to everybody who is concerned about covid in Thailand.

"...suggested that Thailand take seriously the idea of vaccinating a “buffer zone” along its border with Myanmar border. “(This is) not to treat the crisis in isolation. We know how much Thai people are suffering […], but we need to contain quickly so [Myanmar] doesn’t become a massive regional crisis,” 

yeah lets get on that right away, maybe after lunch. 

https://www.thejakartapost.com/seasia/2021/08/03/international-efforts-urgent-to-avoid-myanmar-becoming-global-covid-19-epicenter.html

19 minutes ago, Jannot said:

I didn't think so deeply into it as I already was of the opinion that 40,000 daily infected was likley but I thought Christmas. I dont see anything stopping it only slowing the overall figures by speeding up the vaccination. Sinovac now shown to be less effective has thrown yet another variable into the pot. Statistics as you will be aware only give an indication based on the available information and projected data produced.

I've not read the original article, but the first TT post didn't mention 'infections'.

The way the medical profession, the scientific community and MSM has deliberately confused 'case' and 'infection', to manipulate data, is simply an abomination.

Prior to C-19, a case and an infection were the same. Now, an infection is a person that has symptoms, while the case refers to someone that has been shown to be positive due (mostly) by a fraudulent PCR test. But, here's the rub; now an infected person is a case number. This is utter nonsense. This 'slight-of-hand' is used to promote unnecessary fear.

It's about time people in authority explained this when they are talking about 'infections' and 'cases'. But of course they will not. They are being told what to say from people way above themselves.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

59 minutes ago, snapdragon said:

They are being told what to say from people way above themselves.

Pure speculation I'd imagine, but who might these "people way above" be?

The Bilderberg group, perhaps?

47 minutes ago, Faraday said:

Pure speculation I'd imagine, but who might these "people way above" be?

The Bilderberg group, perhaps?

The Bilderberg group! Good subject of debate this could be; although a new thread could be appropriate.

The WHO is the medical arm of the United Nations. No-one, who is not approved by certain people in the UN, gets senior positions in the WHO. Virtually all the world's countries are members of the WHO.

Then there's GAVI. Dominated by vested interests. Interesting to note that the UK and Gates, are the two biggest funders. They have great influence over WHO world policies.

The UN needs little introduction. The policies of the UN are dominated by the west; particularly the US.

Are there people above the UN that are pulling the strings? IMO; yes!

There is evidence of the US military and big pharma being entwined in medical experiments that do not benefit mankind.

The policies trickle down from the very top. Although as far as C-19 goes, the chains of command are difficult to establish. Interestingly exPOTUS Trump did a quick U turn on his Hydroxychloroquine speech. Wonder why. No dosh it that for the lads perhaps. Spoke before being told what to say!

I don't think it is unreasonable to suggest that the powers that be have an influence on policy making in many countries. As far as Thailand is concerned, I think it is the WHO, but with the UK probably groups that have big pharma connections. In the US, a mix between the military (DARPA), big pharma, with think-tanks and individuals such as Kissinger, Gates and Charles of this world having an input.

Tony Gosling is the go-to guy on the Bilderbergs. I'm waiting for his latest book to arrive.

Also worth a look is 'Blackrock' and 'Vanguard', and there rise to prominence. And their shareholder list.

Edited by snapdragon
  • Thanks 2

"Our problem is that we are unable to import it because it has to come through a government agency," Boon said during a televised interview with the MCOT television station on Wednesday. "I think we won't be able to do it," he added."

https://www.reuters.com/world/asia-pacific/thai-hospital-tycoon-who-promised-pfizer-vaccine-says-deal-now-unlikely-2021-08-04/

• Like 1