40,000 cases a day could happen by September, says projection

Thaiger

23 minutes ago, JamesR said:

Of course the cases will go up as they are going up in many countries due the Delta version, the UK for instance had 50,000 cases a day a few weeks ago.

The difference is 75% of us have had two injections in the UK, the country has been completely open for a few weeks now but the death rate is very low compared to the infections due to the vaccinations.

The problem in Thailand is as we all know, very few people have had a vaccine shot and so the death rate will be higher.

I should have been in Phuket for my six months trip but I am keeping away as I don't want to go there and things change into a total lockdown as happened to me last year for seven months.

If you went to Petri Phuket you could(very slim chance) get the Chinese virus and have to spend some time in the Q room!  That would $uck

14 minutes ago, Faraday said:

Let's scare the shyte out of everyone....

"Superspreaders"

"Variant of concern"

"Super Mutant Virus"

The list goes on & on....

?

It's the Daily Mail, or as friends and I used to call it, the 'Daily Nazi.'

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Thaiger said:

Earlier this month, research by a professor from Mahidol University said worst-case scenario, Thailand could see 32,000 cases a day in a couple of months’ time. Now, according to a projection from the Ministry of Public Health, Thailand could see over 40,000 cases and 500 deaths per day if restrictions are not stringently followed/enforced and all inhabitants give their full cooperation. The projection says the 40,000 cases could be seen by September. The prodigious figure comes from a “Susceptible Exposed Infected Recovery compartmental mathematical model”. Dr Rungruang Kitpati, who is the advisor and spokesperson for the Ministry, referenced the model […]

The post 40,000 cases a day could happen by September, says projection appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Just a second here, this professor must be like the lost do following his master phryut very close, as well as Anutin, their figures of logic don't jive! 

69.7% are totally vaccinated?  Get with the program, were are the low 6.6% of population being vaccinated all mentioned in all the Thai Tabloits. 

Stop this fear mongering, keep to the facts or give up your daytime job. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, EdwardV said:

True but it’s still mostly effecting those who are unvaccinated. Over 95% of all cases and hospitalization is unvaccinated people. 

In the US?

Certainly not in the UK and much of the EU where vaccinated and unvaccinated hospitalisations are roughly on a par.

That doesn't mean the vaccinations aren't working, though, it just means they're not 100% effective (which no-one claimed).

The unvaccinated in hospital / dying are predominantly young and healthy, while the vaccinated are predominantly old and / or unhealthy - according to a recent verified UK study, a vaccinated 80 year old is at the same risk of hospitalisation and death as an unvaccinated 50 year old.

52 minutes ago, Xaos said:

JUST IN - SAGE, the UK's health "expert panel," warns next Covid "super mutant variant" could kill up to one in three people, and the "vaccine roll-out may even speed up mutant strain's emergence."

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9844701/SAGE-Covid-variant-kill-one-three-people.html

SAGE report published today:

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/long-term-evolution-of-sars-cov-2-26-july-2021

Pure fantasy, as I pointed out in the thread where this was posted.

The Gov UK report doesn't say that anywhere, or anything remotely like it.

"fake news" is an understatement.

15 minutes ago, Stonker said:

Pure fantasy, as I pointed out in the thread where this was posted.

The Gov UK report doesn't say that anywhere, or anything remotely like it.

"fake news" is an understatement.

35% mortality it says. Whenever it happens or not is another story. Tho anything possible.

Screenshot_20210731-210219_Drive.thumb.jpg.ee72bacbb759e96abee2d6b918e381f0.jpg

Edited by Guest

35 minutes ago, Poolie said:
54 minutes ago, Faraday said:

Let's scare the shyte out of everyone....

"Superspreaders"

"Variant of concern"

"Super Mutant Virus"

The list goes on & on....

?

It's the Daily Mail, or as friends and I used to call it, the 'Daily Nazi.'

That's nowhere near enough, there's more...

'How COVID-19 jumped a CORRIDOR into different hotel rooms to infect quarantined travellers - and the simple 'tweak' that can stop it happening again':

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9225593/Australian-epidemiologist-offers-tweak-stop-Covid-19-spreading-hotel-quarantine.html

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Golden-Triangle said:

Thank Christ for that ???

And here is the deity you summoned applicable for this situation:

buddychrist.jpeg

32 minutes ago, Stonker said:

fake news" is an understatement

Get Uncle Too on it...he'll sort out those damn falang!

?

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Bluesofa said:

That's nowhere near enough, there's more...

'How COVID-19 jumped a CORRIDOR into different hotel rooms to infect quarantined travellers - and the simple 'tweak' that can stop it happening again':

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9225593/Australian-epidemiologist-offers-tweak-stop-Covid-19-spreading-hotel-quarantine.html

"It's no use standing on the seat, those Covid germs can jump six feet"

?

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Faraday said:

?

Surely beetles have six feet?

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Faraday said:

?

So can the snakes. 

29 minutes ago, Xaos said:

35% mortality it says. Whenever it happens or not is another story. Tho anything possible.

Screenshot_20210731-210219_Drive.thumb.jpg.ee72bacbb759e96abee2d6b918e381f0.jpg

I've commented in the other thread.

You've omitted the previous page where it states very clearly that these are "hypothetical scenarios".

35 minutes ago, Xaos said:

35% mortality it says.

NO  IT  DOESN'T, nor does it say it "could kill up to one in three people". It says that in this hypothetical scenario there would be "~35% case fatality" which is completely different - all cases are people, but not all people are cases.

That could be down to a lack of comprehension skills rather than fantasy and fabrication, but your addition that "the vaccine roll-out vaccinations may even speed up mutant strain's emergence" is not only distorting what they said but taking it totally out of context and putting it into a totally different context.

It's fabrication, and that's being very polite.

2 hours ago, Xaos said:

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/07/30/cdc-study-shows-74percent-of-people-infected-in-massachusetts-covid-outbreak-were-fully-vaccinated.html

JUST IN - SAGE, the UK's health "expert panel," warns next Covid "super mutant variant" could kill up to one in three people, and the "vaccine roll-out may even speed up mutant strain's emergence."

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9844701/SAGE-Covid-variant-kill-one-three-people.html

SAGE report published today:

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/long-term-evolution-of-sars-cov-2-26-july-2021

"These documents have not been peer-reviewed and there is no restriction on authors submitting and publishing this evidence in peer-reviewed journals." as stated on the government web site UK.

So anything can happen, so if this does happen,  a country which is very advanced in its vaccination effort will be in a better position than countries which are very far behind. 

I wonder if I can ask them what the winning lottery ticket number are for tonight?

10 hours ago, yetanother said:

o boy; here we go, mandatory vaccinations

or counter reply--oh boy here we go...endless covid and variants due to the Unvaccinated

I call this the speedbump effect, how few can ruin life for all those that follow the rules of society..

But I suppose those folks that feel violated can always move to--Russia? Freedom a gogo there...

• Like 1

10 hours ago, King Cotton said:

“Susceptible Exposed Infected Recovery compartmental mathematical model”, from the Ministry man, Dr Rungruang, or however else these learned medics like to caption their scary findings, since 17 July, when the Mahidol Uni professor gave his 32K prediction, my trusty Excel chart has shown a steady increase of 5% per day, as is verified by today's 18,900 new case number. That's a pretty consistent growth of 5% per day for a full two weeks.

Reasonable to assume, I feel, that this 5% growth is a feasible measure of the rate of Covid-19 spread, across the country and, to my mathematically logical mind, should this 5% continue, the good prof's latest 40K prediction will be reality on or around 15th August.

Enjoy your beers, tonight, as you mull whichever you ought to be believing . . .

1. Prayut's pandemic 3rd wave conclusion by 21 August
  2. Dr Rungruang's 40K by September or
  3. An Excel believer's 40K by 15 August . . . ?

I'm sticking with #3 and helping it sink in with an extra beer, tonight.

Did you see one right prediction frpm Thai authorities that was right or that they have any mathematical skills? Please tell me one. The best was they vaccinate a million people a day and deliver therefore 10 million doses per month. He anounced and was published in the Bangkok Post. Mathematical skills? You give him 100 baht for paying a bill of 70 baht and he will need a calculator 2 times to give you back your 30 baht.

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Stardust said:

Did you see one right prediction frpm Thai authorities that was right or that they have any mathematical skills? Please tell me one. The best was they vaccinate a million people a day and deliver therefore 10 million doses per month. He anounced and was published in the Bangkok Post. Mathematical skills? You give him 100 baht for paying a bill of 70 baht and he will need a calculator 2 times to give you back your 30 baht.

By the way it is the same with the economic numbers and predictions from the central bank, they were always wrong and then corrected down. They have a huge liquidity problem now and they cannot get it over bonds.