PCD says don’t throw away used masks in water bottles after infections linked to bottles

Thaiger

Don’t discard your used face masks in water bottles is the advice the Pollution Control Department wants the public to heed after 20 people tested positive for Covid in Nakhon Ratchasima/Kora, a northeastern Thai province. The department says the infections stem from virus ridden water bottles. Atthapol Charoenchansa, the PCD director general, says a plethora of face masks have been worn throughout the pandemic… Also, the Ministry of Natural Resources and Environment has released a set of guidelines for how to properly dispose of used face masks. Atthapol says some people have been inserting face masks into water bottles under […]

The post PCD says don’t throw away used masks in water bottles after infections linked to bottles appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Well, i think i've heard it all now. Blaming a plastic bottle that someone had put in the rubbish. 

Has the offending bottle been identified, given a PCR test and placed in 14 days quarantine? And given a stern telling off as well. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Are we really living in a world of crack pots.

Let's be honest here their is not test on this planet that can give you a positive test for Covid as covid has never been isolated so how can anyone be tested positive for it.

The PCR test gives a positive for SARS coronavirus. But which one of the coronavirus are positive for.???

Now this article is fake news.

Call the PM.

• Like 1

Some vital detail missing from this story- people are putting water bottles containing masks into their  mouths? Taking masks out and filling the bottles? Or is it 5 gallon water bottles that are never sanitized properly  even in the best of times? 

I cut the  loops off,   cut out the wire  and put them in a paper bag to be recycled with the rest of the cardboard, newspaper, etc. Too much quality natural material  in there to toss in a landfill and the recycling process will sanitize it enough. 

Edited by ChristyS
typos

15 hours ago, Remi said:

Are we really living in a world of crack pots.

Let's be honest here their is not test on this planet that can give you a positive test for Covid as covid has never been isolated so how can anyone be tested positive for it.

The PCR test gives a positive for SARS coronavirus. But which one of the coronavirus are positive for.???

Now this article is fake news.

Call the PM.

Have a read of this. It’s not a long article. 
https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/mobile.reuters.com/article/amp/idUSKBN24420X

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Wearefree said:

PCR test is pure fraud. 

Do you have an alternative option to test for Covid then? I’m not a scientist as you must be, so I don’t know.