Government says it’s okay to criticise them, if it’s fact based

Thaiger

19 minutes ago, Poolie said:

I see. So a sometime used word by a bunch of kids sums up the current administration?

Right.

Ru having a bad day today? Just asking for a friend. Some people trying to be funny here (me), others trying to be informative. What is your contribution?

• Like 2

If I remember correctly the word is vanities, and you used to put your hands behind your back with fingers crossed.

Meaning of vainites from wikipedia

- gesture to the use of a truce term in Scotland. Fainites and fains (or vainites and vains) predominated in London and throughout southern England, apart...

Edited by Golden-Triangle
To add clarity ?
  • Like 1

56 minutes ago, BookShe said:

Ru having a bad day today? Just asking for a friend. Some people trying to be funny here (me), others trying to be informative. What is your contribution?

Didn't understand the first question. Ru? Whats that? Tell your friend not to be shy, ask himself.  When somebody important asks what my contribution is I'll give him the answer.

35 minutes ago, whitesnake said:

Chanocha.... YOU (!!!) will soon be confined to the annuls of "history" as an 'also ran' and someone who failed miserably...BUT..... DESTROYED A WONDERFUL COUNTRY in your wake! I HOPE YOU'RE PROUD & SLLEP AT NIGHT!!!  

Please stop shouting.

Fact-based is the issue, and the only issue.

While there are those of us that were educated to understand that facts are facts and can't be anything but true, the government won't be seeing it that way.

They will be the ones to decide if the facts used to criticize them and their performance are true.

It doesn't matter what you say, they will be doing the interpretation.

Edited by MrStretch
  • Like 2

Seems to me the primister is trying his hand at CCP journalism restrictions while touting democratic free speech values. Obviously he's more concerned about bad press than a bad vaccine rollout , bad decision not to join COVAX , bad economic repercussions from a draconian lockdown ,bad decision not to implement emergency procedures that would mobilize the military to assist the government/private health care institution in setting up mass vaccinations/hospitalization facilities to handle contact tracing and treatments throughout the country and especially "Red zones" ! As a former commander he certainly doesn't know how to deploy his forces and assets to sufficiently combat the enemy (Covid 19). Oh wait my bad !!! He deployed them sufficiently enough to combat peaceful protesters not to mention executing successful covert ops against his political opponents resulting in political excommunication of the FUTURE FOWARD PARTY !

3 hours ago, Poolie said:

Didn't understand the first question. Ru? Whats that? Tell your friend not to be shy, ask himself.  When somebody important asks what my contribution is I'll give him the answer.

Are you = Ru

5 hours ago, Poolie said:

What are 'fainlights?'

Certainly the term fainlights (with crossed fingers of one hand) was used in parts of East London in the 1950s, whereas vainlights was a truce term of the same period in parts of Surrey.

Please stop shouting.

:))))) There is a volume button on every device, but CAPS aren't that loud, since they are the same ASCII characters as lower case letters. You know... same same but different

8 hours ago, BookShe said:

Ok. They aren't stupid, but they are just out of luck when they're ought to be thinking.

Prove me wrong because it's fact based. :))))

It us funny because they announce almist daily fake news and not proved on facts. They try to push back because all the money already goes out of Thailand because nobody will risk anything because of Clowns.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, DrPhibes said:

Certainly the term fainlights (with crossed fingers of one hand) was used in parts of East London in the 1950s, whereas vainlights was a truce term of the same period in parts of Surrey.

I was three and a bit in 1960, and I lived in County Durham.

3 minutes ago, BookShe said:

:))))) There is a volume button on every device, but CAPS aren't that loud, since they are the same ASCII characters as lower case letters. You know... same same but different

14. Turn off the ‘CAPS LOCK’. Writing in ALL CAPS is the equivalent of SHOUTING and can cause offence. Do use CAPS occasionally, though, in order to give special emphasis to the odd word or two – NOT THE ODD LINE OR TWO! And, as you can see, it’s also harder to read.

3 minutes ago, Poolie said:

14. Turn off the ‘CAPS LOCK’. Writing in ALL CAPS is the equivalent of SHOUTING and can cause offence. Do use CAPS occasionally, though, in order to give special emphasis to the odd word or two – NOT THE ODD LINE OR TWO! And, as you can see, it’s also harder to read.

I'm old enough to know what UPPER case letters mean in a chat as I grew up on "COMPUSERVE". (Google it.) But I'm also old enough that I don't give a sheet. :) 

• Like 1

On 7/31/2021 at 5:28 PM, dmacarelli said:

OK, you want some truth? In terms of making sense of what is going on, you need policy, competent ministers with experience in the fields their ministries are in charge of, and at least a tiny amount of vision and planning. Prayuth lacks every pre-requisite. So do most of his ministers. Especially Anutin and Pipat. Likely the two least qualified and least effective of the lot. One would think during a national emergency, a skilled and talented tourism and  health minister would be considered important. 

He does not inspire confidence, as he has no follow up in his game, is highly insincere, and is grossly incompetent and under qualified for the job. One would think after 6 plus years he has had time to learn. That does not appear to be the case. He is a terrible leader. 

This kind of national emergency is real proof that Thailand should never allow another coup to happen. With a civilian government that is democratically elected, and a truly representative body in the senate, Thailand at least has a chance of qualified ministers being appointed based on merit and talent. 

With Prayuth and this army, there is little chance of this ever happening. They are re-defining the words cronyism and inept on a daily basis. 

Where is the anger? I am becoming furious at the incompetence and the AA (army apathy). Am I the only one? For many, the near future looks very dim. Tourism is not returning anytime soon, and most know that, despite what the goons continue spouting on about.

Nobody knows how high unemployment is right now. I suspect it is over 30% nationwide. Alot of hurt right now. Alot of pain for the locals. I really feel for them. Where is the hope? Where is the promise of a rosy tomorrow? What is the future of the nation? 

Seven years of regression, combined with a stunning degree of mismanagement, ineptitude, lack of vision, and inability to even get the vaccine program right, is leading to alot of desperation at this time.

I cannot be punished, as all of this it true. However we know what you actually meant, Prayuth. What you actually meant is:

You cannot criticize us, on any level, for anything! Ever! Am I understood? However, since the worldwide media, social media, and the Guardian are now publishing highly critical articles, about the oppression, suppression, and repression we are inflicting upon the citizens and ex-pats of this nation, the heinous punishment we are handing out, and we are taking more egg on the face than we care to, we will issue a "statement of clarification", so nobody "misunderstands us, or our noble intentions".

We are despots, and there is no length we will not go to, to make it seem otherwise. However, we do not want the world talking about us. That is a bridge too far. Damn, I sure wish the media, social media, and the news agencies did not exist. They make life so complicated for me, when I am always having to justify my behavior! Can't you guys just leave us alone?

A poem

<deleted non-approved LINK>

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Poolie said:

Do you really don't know that you lost already your face and people know who you are. By the way do you know what Thai people think about people like you? People who not understand the signs of the time will be punished by the life, thats what Gorbatchow tried to explain Erich Honecker. But I guess you have no clue about history.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, BookShe said:

I'm old enough to know what UPPER case letters mean in a chat as I grew up on "COMPUSERVE". (Google it.) But I'm also old enough that I don't give a sheet. :) 

You got it what is behind Poolie ?

• Like 1

It is very clearly what your contribution is! 

• Like 1

So basically anything good about the government and these vaccines count as good criticism. And everything else counts as fake news, disinformation, etc. Who determines what is disinformation? Anything that goes against the mainstream narrative that is being shoved down our throats is fake news. The ministry of truth from 1984 right here.

• Like 1

On 7/31/2021 at 10:07 PM, Stardust said:

A poem

<deleted non-approved LINK>

Lovely poem. Thanks. Echoes the sentiments of many millions right now. Likely 90% of the nation. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, whitesnake said:

WOW!...bro.... a perfect assessment of where we and this country are at present. You've said it all...that's it! Just need the Thai population to echo and understand the same sentiments... but, I guess that's the problem... as "foreigners", we are properly educated and taught the freedom of common sense, expression and independent free thinking.

The brain-washed goons here just do as they're told because it's the "Thai way!" Thai way my backside!! Let's see how they feel when, by XMAS, the baht is 50+ to the pound, the economy in free fall and the baliffs/ debt collectors driving away in their 1.5 million baht "Fortuners" on 8 x year finance plans!! Let's see how they feel when KTB Bank is calling in their house loans after 6-8 months of arrears payments!!!  THIS IS A SIDE OF THAILAND THE POPULATION IS IN DENIAL OF...BUT, JUST WAIT ....IT'S COMING.... defo!!!!!! 

This folks is just the beginning...NOT Fake news.... the plain, simple truth!!!  

Absolutely spot on. Things are only going to get worse. How could they improve, at this stage, even if Covid disappeared tomorrow? Too many lives wrecked. Too many businesses destroyed. Too long a wait for a tourism restart. 

However, I give the Thai people more credit than you do. I think they see what is happening now. I talk to many who are older, and conservative, and they speak of how stupid Prayuth is, and how spectacularly incapable and corrupt this band of thieves are. So, I think 90% here are aware of what is going on, disapprove of the heinous, toxic, saboteur dinosaurs, and want them gone. Let us hope change will come. 

D1xwTT3WsAExAJF (1).jpg

WireAP_f2d5e865bde74bae9daa81a5434caea9_16x9_992.jpg

Edited by dmacarelli
  • Like 3

If there were free and fair elections here now the opposition parties would sweep to power most probably in an unstoppable coalition of  'progressive' democratic forces. Which is why of course this will never happen. Never bet against the army in Thailand , they have most of the power and most of the guns. That and the local patronage networks of powerful families and clans. If the state was to fail (and one has to hope it never does) Thailand would probably revert to warlordism and local fiefdoms , armed and resourceful at holding onto power by any means necessary. 

Edited by billybob
  • Like 2

Ok then.  

A few days ago Prime Minister Prayut said that in 2/3 weeks, or at most 4, the worst would be over, and recovery would be well underway.  Now today there are reports from health organisations that cases could be up around 40,000 a day by September, with deaths averaging in the 500s.  Is the Thai PM 'Following The Science' in the same way as the useless UK government, who have masterminded the biggest sh*t show in living memory?  

3 minutes ago, deke7531x said:

Ok then.  

A few days ago Prime Minister Prayut said that in 2/3 weeks, or at most 4, the worst would be over, and recovery would be well underway.  Now today there are reports from health organisations that cases could be up around 40,000 a day by September, with deaths averaging in the 500s.  Is the Thai PM 'Following The Science' in the same way as the useless UK government, who have masterminded the biggest sh*t show in living memory?  

From the reports I read, it was a deputy minister of something or other who 'quoted' what the our illustrious leader said.

So when push comes to shove in a few weeks and the faecal matter hits the cooling equipment, the deputy minister can become the fall guy for spreading fake news - ha ha!

9 minutes ago, Bluesofa said:

From the reports I read, it was a deputy minister of something or other who 'quoted' what the our illustrious leader said.

So when push comes to shove in a few weeks and the faecal matter hits the cooling equipment, the deputy minister can become the fall guy for spreading fake news - ha ha!

He wasnt made Prime Minister for nothing you know.

• Haha 1