Phuket reservations slow down for August

Thaiger

11 hours ago, DFR said:

My concern is that tourist are not coming and airlines will start to cancel their international flights out of Phuket.  I spent 14 days in the sandbox before going to Hua Hin.  With domestic travel to Phuket closed I don't know how I'm going to return to  Phuket to catch my September flight back to the USA, or if Qatar Air will even be flying out of Phuket at that time if no tourists are flying in.  

I think your concerns are understandable, and from the comments thus far, you can see why it’s called the Land of Smiles ?

It depends how important it is for you to travel the the US and if the dates are flexible. I’m planning on returning to Thailand in September or October. I need to get back to the U.K. in late December, but if I can’t it’s no big deal as can do most of my work remotely. If I needed to fly back and on a particular day, I wouldn’t consider going anywhere, not only Thailand at these times. 

That said, if it’s early September I think you may be fine. This has a long way to run yet and I think any major changes will be in late September or October. The locals are also getting wrestles now and things could go any of a number of ways in the coming months. Hold on to your hats…

Edited by Soidog
Typo

22 hours ago, JamesE said:

Whoa! Heavy. And I don't even remember where I stashed the 'shrooms.

No drugs needed for the daily craziness that is Thailand........Just says No Kids...Maybe nid noi Sangsom :)

• Like 1