Phuket reservations slow down for August

Thaiger

3 minutes ago, Soidog said:

Well I’ve seen plenty and a few posted on this forum. You must be getting it from other sources. Have you ever heard of “Confirmation bias” 

too bad they removed the on-fire logo so I'll do it with a Thanks :-)

32 minutes ago, Soidog said:

And where do the people who believe vaccines don’t work get their information.

No one. They are Polio and Small Pox survivors, the ones that didn’t have the vaccines.

• Haha 1

Just now, AdvocatusDiaboli said:

No one. They are Polio and Small Pox survivors, the ones that didn’t have the vaccines.

still just 99% of the world vaccinates against them... because of all the wrong reasons right.

In Regards to the real topic:

It's bad too see it's slowing down, it was however expected to happen. However I hope for Phuket it will blossom again in the future... maybe next year when more people are vaccinated and vaccination has became mandatory by law.

Maybe Phuket even becomes independent so that solely those whom are vaccinated can reside there and the economy can blossom like it did before. I know a lot of businesses in the southern side of the Island didn't slow down a lot.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Soidog said:

Well I’ve seen plenty and a few posted on this forum. You must be getting it from other sources. Have you ever heard of “Confirmation bias” 

The most important videos have been deleted, For example, if there ever was a scientist it is Bret Weinstein. His video about ivermectin was deleted. DR. Malone, the inventor of mRNA technology was deleted from LinkedIn. They were simply supplying evidence that went against the mainstream. There are others too. 

I'm going to stop posting in this thread as I don't wat it to go off topic.

Edited by Zool
Off Topic:
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Shark said:

Maybe Phuket even becomes independent

You forgot to add ….

To avoid confusion/panic, it should be noted that there has been no official announcement  …..

Just to be safe 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, AdvocatusDiaboli said:

You forgot to add ….

To avoid confusion/panic, it should be noted that there has been no official announcement  …..

Just to be safe 

Thanks for this one. I do however hold no political chair so I'm in nowhere close to make any official announcement in regards to Thailand.

• Haha 1

54 minutes ago, Zool said:

The most important videos have been deleted, For example, if there ever was a scientist it is Bret Weinstein. His video about ivermectin was deleted. DR. Malone, the inventor of mRNA technology was deleted from LinkedIn. They were simply supplying evidence that went against the mainstream. There are others too. 

I don’t believe in censorship such as you describe. But they also took Trump off social media which is totally crazy. Stay safe ??

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Jason said:

It is the unvaccinated citizens of Phuket who pose a risk to the hospital system. They have the greatest chance of contracting the virus and being hospitalised or dying from Covid.  

I agree with your sentiment, @Jason,  but that's not actually correct.

First, it's never going to be possible for Phuket to reach herd immunity unless the vaccination policy changes dramatically.

It's now generally accepted that herd immunity requires around 85% of the population to be vaccinated.  Well, the target population on Phuket, which excludes those under 18, unregistered migrant workers, and those working on Phuket but not registred there, only makes up 70% of the population - at the outside 75%.

So even if 100% of the target population were vaccinated, that still wouldn't reach herd immunity.

As for the unvaccinated having the greatest chance of being hospitalised and dying from Covid, that's not correct.

I'm not one of the nutters suggesting the vaccines don't work, anything but, but they don't work 100% - particularly Sinovac.

Even if you very generously and rather unrealistically allow for Thailand's current vaccines to be 90% effective, that still leaves 10%.

In the UK, recent official and verified studies have showed that a fully vaccinated 80 year old has as much chance of being hospitalised and dying from Covid as an unvaccinated 50 year old.

That's why the 'vaxes don't work' gang can claim that as many who are vaccinated with Covid are hospitalised and dying as the unvaccinated - it's simply not comparing like with like.

I agree with your sentiments 100%, @Jason, but I'm worried the 'vaxs don't work' brigade will tear your comment apart for all the wrong reasons - far better, I think, that I do so first for the right ones.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Soidog said:

The inference with this article is that bookings are falling due to an increase in Covid numbers in Phuket (Tourists being scared off). It’s more likely that the reason numbers in August are falling, is that those expats and Thais who wanted to get back to Thailand without being quarantined in a Bangkok hotel have already returned? Without a breakdown in the data it’s had to come to a proper conclusion of course. The one number which doesn’t support what I have said is the average stay of 11 days. With 13,000 recorded visitors, and having to stay a full 14 days before being allowed to other parts of Thailand, this implies a few thousand flew in and back out in under that 14 days. This would suggest they were genuine “tourists”. They could have been Thais working overseas who have family in Phuket and wanted to visit them of course? If they also counted the government officials who have visited for a few hours then that would also bring the average way down! Impossible to tell without the data, but I am still to be convinced mum and dad with the two kids turned up beach towel in hand. 

Remember that one can stay at up to three hotels during the 14-day period.  First seven days must be at one hotel.  Then second week you can stay at up to two other hotels.  This would naturally tend to drive the average nights spent at any one particular hotel down even if the guest in question stayed the entire 14-day period and did not return home early.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DavidK said:

I have cancelled my trip to Phuket and can confirm the cancellation of 19 days of hotel occupancy. Cancellation is not the result of COVID-19 surges but a much more interesting issue - COVID-19 testing. The agent through whom I booked the trip tell me I have to organise this directly with the hotel, the hotel tell me I cannot do this as the agent made the booking and they have approached the agent for information allowing them to proceed, the agent tells me it has nothing to do with them, the hotel tell me they can make the arrangements but only if I cancel the original booking and book directly with them. I found myself in the position of not being able to book and pay for the tests which I need to get the COE. I suspect the agent and hotel are both publicly very keen to encourage the restoration of international travel to Phuket. Provincial Governor's Office please note.

Not sure when you were planning on coming to Phuket but there was recently a transition from having hotels book the RT-PCR tests for guests to guests booking their own tests through a website that came online about July 21.  It sounds like you may have been caught in the confusion surrounding the transition.  Your hotel could have helped you to understand that while they may not have been able to book the tests for you that you could have booked the tests yourself through this new website.  It doesn't sound like your agent was much help with that either.  Sorry for your bad experience.

An announcement of the new procedure made about July 21:

The Payment Gateway, Reservation for RT-PCR testing whilst on the Phuket Sandbox is now live and running.

Guests arriving on or after 1st August 2021 can purchase and make convenient reservations via this link. Hotels will not now be required to make the reservations for guests. Thank you.

5 hours ago, Jason said:

If there is one big upside to this sandbox scheme, it's that a big effort was put into vaccinating the people of Phuket. I hope that continues to ramp up, because the people of Phuket have both the most to gain and the most to lose. If the rate of vaccination (yes I mean both doses, not just one) continues to climb, the island's population will reach herd immunity. It is the unvaccinated citizens of Phuket who pose a risk to the hospital system. They have the greatest chance of contracting the virus and being hospitalised or dying from Covid.  So if the vaccine rollout continues (yes even the children), there's a good chance it will still succeed. Keeping other Thai's from other provinces out is also imperative (I know it seems unimaginable to suggest that Thais not have the freedom of their own country), but it shuttles the sandbox nature of the project. 

World media are showing footage and daily covid numbers in Thailand. Foreign tourists won't come if they get even the hint that Covid can spill into Phuket from mainland Thailand (especially the Delta Variant). I think everyone wants this to work, because if it does, everybody benefits. Foreign tourists who have had PCR tests and are vaccinated pose little risk to the people of Phuket. In fact, it's the unvaccinated, in Phuket, who pose the greatest risk to their own community. So to the people of Phuket, get vaccinated as soon as itis offered to you and get the second dose at the appointed time. I wish you the best possible outcome. Look to the Seychelles who have already done what you are doing now.

Sorry but that is totally wrong, how do the people of Phuket have the most to gain & the most to lose ? How about Pattaya or Chang Mai or all the other destinations in Thailand ? 

Even vaccinated people can catch and pass on this covid krap, I presume, wrongly or rightly that you live on/in Phuket and would benefit from a fast roll out of vaccine, I have no idea where you get your info from but it is seriously flawed.

6 hours ago, Zool said:

And here is that Malone again... he is not even the "inventor" of mrna tech.
https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0960982215006065

And the research for the Pfizer and Moderna vaccins are based on the work of dr Katalin Kariko
Why do all those antivaxers always come to that Malone?

3 hours ago, Alavan said:

And here is that Malone again... he is not even the "inventor" of mrna tech.
https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0960982215006065

And the research for the Pfizer and Moderna vaccins are based on the work of dr Katalin Kariko
Why do all those antivaxers always come to that Malone?

He was the inventor of mRNA technology. They erased him as soon as he began to tell the truth. That's what happens when the people that control the mainstream narrative also control Wikipedia etc.

Also, I'm not an anti-vaxxer. I have every vaccine known to mankind(almost).

Here's what you see if you Google Dr. Robert Malone. Dystopia!

Untitled.jpg

Edited by Zool
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, Zool said:

He was the inventor of mRNA technology. They erased him as soon as he began to tell the truth. That's what happens when the people that control the mainstream narrative also control Wikipedia etc.

Also, I'm not an anti-vaxxer. I have every vaccine known to mankind(almost).

Here's what you see if you Google Dr. Robert Malone. Dystopia!

Untitled.jpg

Here he is on YouTube, I'm surprised this video wasn't deleted.

Untitled22.jpg

17 hours ago, HolyCowCm said:

Slowing down? Probably not even hitting the brakes and is being put into reverse.

iceberg-.gif&ehk=yPUYR%2BR81PhbqO3kIVE01

16 hours ago, whitesnake said:

All total B.S!!!!!!!!!!!...... everything here in Thailand....B.S.

Welcome to the Illusion. Or like seeing a Magic trick and being amazed until learning the secret

The internet is pulling back the curtain on the thai illusion and Covid is the gate crasher....

Lies are plural...truth is singular.......truth is always revealed..sooner or later

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, PapayaBokBok said:

Welcome to the Illusion. Or like seeing a Magic trick and being amazed until learning the secret

The internet is pulling back the curtain on the thai illusion and Covid is the gate crasher....

Lies are plural...truth is singular.......truth is always revealed..sooner or later

Whoa! Heavy. And I don't even remember where I stashed the 'shrooms.

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, BookShe said:

I obtained this video from the latest TAT meeting. Their "worst case scenario" estimate was 3 million tourist by year's end. 13,000 arrived so it's only 2,987,000 to go. According to science there is 152 days left from 2021 but TAT is questioning this aproach, insisting that their figures are accurate.

Typical fake news from the TAT. All their predictions last year were wrong, too.

My concern is that tourist are not coming and airlines will start to cancel their international flights out of Phuket.  I spent 14 days in the sandbox before going to Hua Hin.  With domestic travel to Phuket closed I don't know how I'm going to return to  Phuket to catch my September flight back to the USA, or if Qatar Air will even be flying out of Phuket at that time if no tourists are flying in.  

38 minutes ago, DFR said:

My concern is that tourist are not coming and airlines will start to cancel their international flights out of Phuket.  I spent 14 days in the sandbox before going to Hua Hin.  With domestic travel to Phuket closed I don't know how I'm going to return to  Phuket to catch my September flight back to the USA, or if Qatar Air will even be flying out of Phuket at that time if no tourists are flying in.  

Frankly if you didn't think it through before going to Phuket then don't start complaining now. Logic always suggested what the outcome of this farce was going to be so instead of listening to people on the ground here you choose to ignore it. So as they say "up to you", just don't start bleating about the potential consequences of what you choose to do.

8 hours ago, DFR said:

Really you didn't expected that? That means you had no clue about the situation and Thailand and all the madness here and that everything can change daily but you flying to Thailand without infirming you before what is going on in this country. Any anouncement they do in the morning could be changed in the afternoon that is Thailand since a while. You never checked the political situation or anything? All the madness we in you could follow the whole year if you read some news so I think all living in Thailand who is mad enough to make in such situation holiday? So it is up to you to experience it! And by the way these lockdowns are here since 2020 and the incompetence touchour too!

9 hours ago, DFR said:

Hire a car and enjoy the drive. Make sure you have all the paperwork you need. Get another PCR test before you leave Hua Hin. Good luck.

1 hour ago, AussieBob said:

Hire a car and enjoy the drive. Make sure you have all the paperwork you need. Get another PCR test before you leave Hua Hin. Good luck.

1 hour ago, AussieBob said:

That's the fallback plan and its good advice you gave.  I took a taxi from Phuket to Hua Hin since the domestic travel was shut down.  I got a card on departing Phuket that shows I can get back in.  I don't fly back until September.  There are still international flights going out of Bangkok as a second fallback plan.  I'm assuming I'm not the only person who intends to fly out sometime in the future so it might be good if people posted useful comments such as yours along the way so we all know whats happening.  

• Like 1

I'm here and staying but if I was abroad thinking about a Thai holiday? not a chance- over the top way too f'n hard. risk/reward is way off as well