General Questions

DPat

Hard to say before more people got vaccinated. Its changing a lot. 

For me as a Swead. We have a restriction for Thailand still. If I go before thats lifted my encuranse might not be valid. You have a check hov things are in your end.. I wait to February and fingers crossed I can go then. Before many of the restrictions are lifted its not that fun?

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Vagabond said:

Hard to say before more people got vaccinated. Its changing a lot. 

For me as a Swead. We have a restriction for Thailand still. If I go before thats lifted my encuranse might not be valid. You have a check hov things are in your end.. I wait to February and fingers crossed I can go then. Before many of the restrictions are lifted its not that fun?

Thailand is also on the UK’s red list but I am hoping they will drop that before November. Otherwise alcohol will now be allowed in Phuket restaurants, they may even open up bars till November. I am hoping this will be fun by Nov. Worst case I book another flight direct to Phuket. Extremely worst case if its still on the UK red list in Nov…. Then I think I’m off to Sri Lanka or something.

I realy understand you consern. If they vaccinate in this way it might not be a problem in November. For me its better waether in Feb and things have moved on to some better traveling climate as Im not going crowded turist areas to much. Puket are probably ok at Nov. Malaysia have 80 + vaccinated now I hear

Will the Thaiger have their own merchandise ?

Would love a Thaiger t-shirt and coffee mug (Coffee Culture of coz) 😍

Here's a serious question for the constitutional lawyers and constitutional  appointed court. "Officially"  Prayut Chan u chat was appointed PM and sanctioned by the monarchy August 24 2014 amongst two other titles previously held . So my question to the monarchy and the Thai government according to" your constitution" he's served two terms already ....So... will you dismiss/ violate your own constitutional laws and allow an " illegal third term run " and risk a revolution !  The present protests are gaining momentum because of his unpopularity and a constitutional crisis would fervently fuel a national revolt!

• Like 1

Apologize for the grammatical error but I believe you got the gist of my question which was ( by Thai constitutional law) " Will the Thai government and monarchy dismiss/ violate their own constitution and allow Prayut to illegally run  for a third term risking a constitutional crisis and a national revolt ??

This topic is General Questions to the GMT,

Ask your general questions to the GMT team here.
And keep it clean!

It's not a discussion topic, open a new thread please.

Questions only, please.
Andrew Reeves.

• Faz locked this topic
  • Faz unlocked this topic

Discussion topic for Tim and Jay, now in Bangkok:-

Perhaps you could invite the PM or a Press Secretary on the show to discuss this 😜

Regarding the proposed 500 thb arrivals tax - this could be lower, say 300 thb as originally suggested and included in flight tickets to avoid cash paid upon arrival which would likely create congestion and FX problems.  Ideally the tax could include up to 90 days Covid & Emergency Health cover for tourists.

• KaptainRob pinned this topic

Hello from Malta! Any idea if the Thai Honorary Consulates and Consulates will be operating any time soon? Presently in Malta we need to get our visa through Athens' Thai Embassy and that is a whole new other difficult hoop to go through, which many locals would prefer to bypass.

Edited by Storm

On 10/15/2021 at 7:23 AM, Storm said:

Hello from Malta! Any idea if the Thai Honorary Consulates and Consulates will be operating any time soon? Presently in Malta we need to get our visa through Athens' Thai Embassy and that is a whole new other difficult hoop to go through, which many locals would prefer to bypass.

Further to the above - @Jay A chit is an alternate name for a bill - esp if not official :) There you go - now you know :)

I have to ask, why change the Coffee culture music? the old music was ok the new is horrible and in no way makes me want a coffee

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

QUESTION:

We have booked flights to Koh Samui with Finnair from London Heathrow via HEL & BKK. We have just been told by our hotel that the final leg of the ticket is invalid as it is not one of the 2 sealed route flights with Bangkok Airways. How can Finnair book "through flights" that are invalid, have you heard of this issue before?

Air Ticket .jpg

I do think that in these Covid days , you need to do the checks yourself and make sure that everything is valid and in order and not to rely on airlines or anyone else to make sure that everything's in order 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, HowardAndDebs said:

QUESTION:

We have booked flights to Koh Samui with Finnair from London Heathrow via HEL & BKK. We have just been told by our hotel that the final leg of the ticket is invalid as it is not one of the 2 sealed route flights with Bangkok Airways. How can Finnair book "through flights" that are invalid, have you heard of this issue before?

Air Ticket .jpg

https://www.tatnews.org/2021/07/bangkok-airways-revises-its-bangkok-samui-sealed-route-flight-schedule/

About the Thailand Pass

1) What happens if the airport covid test is positive and you are in a SHA+ hotel for 1 day?

2) What if the airport test takes longer than 24 hrs and you only have a 1 day SHA+ hotel stay?

3) On departure from Thailand, what happens if your pcr test is positive?

Tim & Jay
Q. Can you answer (but dont assume) Why did I receive 2 Thailand passes? different numbers and which of the two do I use? No explanation for the second or to ignore the first. Or have I been blessed
I love all the shows news etc. 
Secondly, about the Thailand pass. you do not need to upload your PCR and or Visa if applicable. 
On your show yesterday 57 tiger bites, you both assumed it was the same as the COE. its not. 
I suggest you do a dummy run on the application for the Thailand pass and you can then have first hand knowledge on what is required. 

Please be advised that assumption is the mother of all F@**Kups (please put mess ups for the show if appropriate)

Cheers 

Boney

• 2 weeks later...

Hi GMT team. 

Is there an offical site or resource where we (foreigners) can see updated information on the coloured zones in Thailand? I am planning my trip to Thailand and want to have a backup plan if the South remains in the Dark Red zone…

On 11/9/2021 at 8:23 PM, ShyGye said:

About the Thailand Pass

1) What happens if the airport covid test is positive and you are in a SHA+ hotel for 1 day?

2) What if the airport test takes longer than 24 hrs and you only have a 1 day SHA+ hotel stay?

3) On departure from Thailand, what happens if your pcr test is positive?

An indefinite stay at Bang Kwang - 

• Haha 2