General Questions

DPat

3 minutes ago, 9S_ said:

Question: What are Thai people panic buying or hoarding? 

As you know US was hoarding toilet paper!

Eggs, reported elsewhere that last week eggs were becoming scarce.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, gummy said:

I was told the other day that eggs dont last long in Thailand, maybe account for the couple of bad guts I've had recently

• Haha 1

Just now, Lowseasonlover said:

I was told the other day that eggs dont last long in Thailand, maybe account for the couple of bad guts I've had recently

Just now, Lowseasonlover said:

Not in a fridge ok for a week or two, in a fridge I can't answer but never a problem up to 4 weeks . But the issue of the scarcity of eggs is a new one unrelated to their "shelf" life.

Though the reports of covid cases in Thailand the increase of numbers in the sandbox has dried up on the Thaiger.

https://www.thephuketnews.com/phuket-marks-record-81-new-covid-cases-on-one-day-80980.php

The 81 new local infections bring the total number of new local infections on the island in the past seven days to a new record 327, as follows:

• Aug 2 - 32 news cases
  • Aug 3 - 21 new cases
  • Aug 4 - 65 new cases
  • Aug 5 - 33 new cases
  • Aug 6 - 40 new cases
  • Aug 7 - 40 news cases
  • Aug 8 - 81 new cases

As GMT stated today about trends a good thing (downward) these are upward. What is more interesting is that the percentage of hospital beds are getting closer to the magical figure of 80 percent. From the 4th August (52%) to 8th August (67%) there was an increase of 15% in the 4 days. Looks like another 4 days and we will reach the magical figure of 80%. What spin will the Phuket government put on this to keep the sandbox open? 

48 minutes ago, gummy said:

That’s … surprisingly reasonable. Hard to see eggs being scarce in the next few weeks though

7 minutes ago, 9S_ said:

That’s … surprisingly reasonable. Hard to see eggs being scarce in the next few weeks though

Depends if people in Bangkok throw them in protest maybe?

29 minutes ago, Shark said:

we have Khun Bum Gum!

is that Bum Gum as you describe the type that sticks to your arse and can not shift ? ?

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, gummy said:

is that Bum Gum as you describe the type that sticks to your arse and can not shift ? ?

apparently that's the way you like it.

Edited by Shark

Posted (edited)

Jay (after his haircut) is now the exact opposite of Tim. 

One is heavy on top and the other one reflects light.

One has long hair on the sides and the other one goes lite.

One is young and the other one is younger at heart

One is an experienced tiger and the other one’s a cub.

Edited by King Cotton
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, AdvocatusDiaboli said:

Though the reports of covid cases in Thailand the increase of numbers in the sandbox has dried up on the Thaiger.

https://www.thephuketnews.com/phuket-marks-record-81-new-covid-cases-on-one-day-80980.php

The 81 new local infections bring the total number of new local infections on the island in the past seven days to a new record 327, as follows:

• Aug 2 - 32 news cases
  • Aug 3 - 21 new cases
  • Aug 4 - 65 new cases
  • Aug 5 - 33 new cases
  • Aug 6 - 40 new cases
  • Aug 7 - 40 news cases
  • Aug 8 - 81 new cases

As GMT stated today about trends a good thing (downward) these are upward. What is more interesting is that the percentage of hospital beds are getting closer to the magical figure of 80 percent. From the 4th August (52%) to 8th August (67%) there was an increase of 15% in the 4 days. Looks like another 4 days and we will reach the magical figure of 80%. What spin will the Phuket government put on this to keep the sandbox open? 

Probably shift the goalpost?

On 7/30/2021 at 6:06 PM, DPat said:

Ask your general questions to the GMT team here. And keep it clean!

Where is the news on the Phuket Sandbox?  You never mention any numbers or information anymore. Come on you two, get with it. Your in Phuket, so what's happening there?

Also you've changed your time, what time are you live? 

Thank You

Hawaiian Paradise

Hi there. Norway calling. I am using you guys as a source to keep me updated on whats going on in my favourite country. I have a question: How long can Thailand shut down without letting tourists in? Its already affecting a big part of the population, and i wonder if there are any signs og the restrictions letting up. Will there be a demand for vaccination etc?

Regards from two couples that are looking to get back to Krabi in january :-)

Posted (edited)

Who did the research for this morning's Good Morning Thailand?  Someone wrote comments which Tim parroted the opinion of the poster about Ivermectin and Hydroxychloroquine.  Tim then went on to say that everything was anecdotal and there are NO peer reviewed proper studies on Ivermectin.

Wrong Tim.  Do your research before making statements like this.  

There are several peer-reviewed studies, some of them double-blind placebo studies showing the effectiveness of Ivermectin as a prophylaxis and possible cure.

I won't just say that, I will put links to several studies. 

I demand a retraction from Tim.  

https://journals.lww.com/americantherapeutics/Fulltext/2021/08000/Ivermectin_for_Prevention_and_Treatment_of.7.aspx

Just one link completely contradicts Tim's incorrect statements on the video below.

How about another of the studies that Tim claimed this morning were 100 percent anecdotal and possibly paid for by the drug companies who might be paying trolls to push fake news.

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/34145166/

Want more?  I have quite a few.

Edited by OneAngryJew

Posted (edited)

WHY DID YOU TRASH ZINC?

Secondly, another message to Tim.  In the same video I posted above, you trashed Finger Root and Zinc.  I don't know about the efficacy of finger root but the efficacy of Zinc should never have been trashed.  Everyone tells you to take Zinc.  

You just trashed it.

Another retraction.

Edited by OneAngryJew

1 hour ago, Leedsvik said:

Hi there. Norway calling. I am using you guys as a source to keep me updated on whats going on in my favourite country. I have a question: How long can Thailand shut down without letting tourists in? Its already affecting a big part of the population, and i wonder if there are any signs og the restrictions letting up. Will there be a demand for vaccination etc?

Regards from two couples that are looking to get back to Krabi in january :-)

Which year?

On 7/31/2021 at 11:06 AM, DPat said:

Ask your general questions to the GMT team here. And keep it clean!

If Siam Bioscience were to divert production to the Thai Government, would they be protected from lawsuits?  Is AstraZeneca looking for any additional manufacturers in SE Asia?

14 hours ago, OneAngryJew said:

WHY DID YOU TRASH ZINC?

Secondly, another message to Tim.  In the same video I posted above, you trashed Finger Root and Zinc.  I don't know about the efficacy of finger root but the efficacy of Zinc should never have been trashed.  Everyone tells you to take Zinc.  

You just trashed it.

Another retraction.

For the past five years I have taken a daily dose of D3, B12, C and ZMA (zinc magnesium and B6). I do not recall the last time I had a cold. When I do feel under the weather, it is usually due to seasonal allergies.

• Like 1

Hi to GMT, I recently added a short trivia comment on GMT 11/8 about public holidays. Jay, if you are going to pass on peoples comments get them right. If you read the article it said 10 random countries with Thailand as one. Nowhere did it state that Thailand had more holidays than any other country in the world. It was just merely a trivia article high lighting Thailand has a large number of public holidays. This info was found through Wiki-pedia for 2021 public holdays. So, I am not wrong with my stats, you are, because you failed to read the article correctly. It appears you like to put your own spin on peoples comments. If you continue you will start losing members. 

Any news on when the list of 69 countries currently eligible for the Sandbox will be updated? I'm based in a Middle Eastern country not on the list but hoping to reunite with my family soon, and unwilling to go through ASQ again. 

Re: Thaiger Bites.

Hi Tim, you made a comment about members not showing a photo on the forum. After I joined I tried to upload a picture but the file was too big. Perhaps one of the team who is more tech savvy can reply with how to reduce the picture size so it can be accepted.

I am sure most smart phones now take pictures that will too large a file to upload.

Send me a T-shirt and I'll happily upload a picture wearing it.

• Like 1

7 day quarantines in phuket or hua Hin would be a big step forward in welcoming the much needed tourist back to Thailand, but the Thai government need to understand that covid will be with us forever, as is flu. And also understand that double vaccinated tourists are a very minute risk. 

• KaptainRob locked and unlocked this topic
  • KaptainRob pinned this topic