Covid UPDATE Saturday: 18,912 infections, news briefs

Thaiger

Today the Public Health department has announced 18,912 new infections and 178 Covid-related deaths for the past 24 hours around Thailand. There were 810 cases from Thai prisons. Today’s totals are a new record. We will announce the provincial totals just after lunch, Thai time. • 10,678 patients were released from medical care yesterday. And there have now been more than 17 million cumulative vaccinations in Thailand. • In a post to Facebook this afternoon, Bangkok Airways announced that they will be extending the suspension of their domestic flights until August 11. They will ground all flights except flights connected […]

The post Covid UPDATE Saturday: 18,912 infections, news briefs appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Oh my. With these highest numbers, if this is El Bozo and his side kick who likes to play I am a medic sick sense of it is all under control and will be ok in 3 - 4 weeks, then maybe they better rethink this over again.

• Like 1

What?

10 minutes ago, HolyCowCm said:

Oh my. With these highest numbers, if this is El Bozo and his side kick who likes to play I am a medic sick sense of it is all under control and will be ok in 3 - 4 weeks, then maybe they better rethink this over again.

1 hour ago, HolyCowCm said:

Empty heads and thinking? Yes after the things crashed against the wall many are surprised to hear there was no wall.

<deleted>

Edited by KaptainRob
No links to outside news sources without authorisation please, TE is a big no no.
  • Like 1

52 minutes ago, HolyCowCm said:

3 - 4 weeks, then maybe they better rethink this over again.

Somebody did, but since he's a health expert his opinion was greatly disregarded by the real experts, the soldier and the construction shaman.

"The ministry’s latest mathematical model shows that without the tight restrictions now in place, new daily Covid cases would exceed 40,000 by Sept 14 and fatalities would pass 500 a day by Sept 28, said Dr Opas Karnkawinpong, director-general of the Department of Disease Control."

https://www.bangkokpost.com/thailand/general/2157387/maximum-effort-to-keep-daily-covid-deaths-under-200

Edited by BookShe
  • Like 3

You quoted the delta variant as 1000 time more potent in peoples' "perspiration" (i.e., sweat).  I thinnk you should have said "respiration"..

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, BookShe said:

Somebody did, but since he's health expert his opinion was greatly disregarded by the real experts, the soldier and the construction shaman.

"The ministry’s latest mathematical model shows that without the tight restrictions now in place, new daily Covid cases would exceed 40,000 by Sept 14 and fatalities would pass 500 a day by Sept 28, said Dr Opas Karnkawinpong, director-general of the Department of Disease Control."

https://www.bangkokpost.com/thailand/general/2157387/maximum-effort-to-keep-daily-covid-deaths-under-200

This reminds to 89 in Germany about Erich Honecker. Gorbatchow the former Soviet Union leader made a visit to east Germany just days before the revolution started and told to Honecker " people who not understand the signs of the time will be punished by the life". He really didn't understood what Gorbatchow told him and a few weeks later he was fleeing to Chile and died short time later and in east germany put the revolution the regime and wall down. 

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, Stardust said:

This reminds to 89 in Germany about Erich Honecker. Gorbatchow the former Soviet Union leader made a visit to east Germany just days before the revolution started and told to Honecker " people who not understand the signs of the time will be punished by the life". He really didn't understood what Gorbatchow told him and a few weeks later he was fleeing to Chile and died short time later and in east germany put the revolution the regime and wall down. 

But first we opened the borders for the East-Germans with the approval of the Soviets. :)

• Like 1

BTW Where can I report fear-mongering? Today's new covid figures are frightening me. According to the new directive it shouldn't be published. My good morality is destroyed.

"reporting news or disseminating information that may frighten people or intentionally distorting information to cause a misundertstanding about the emergency situation, which may eventually affect state security, order or good morality of the people.”.

• Haha 4
  • Cool 1

16 minutes ago, BookShe said:

But first we opened the borders for the East-Germans with the approval of the Soviets. :)

Sure because everything was written on the wall and Gorbatchow understood the signs of the time.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, BookShe said:

BTW Where can I report fear-mongering? Today's new covid figures are frightening me. According to the new directive it shouldn't be published. My good morality is destroyed.

"reporting news or disseminating information that may frighten people or intentionally distorting information to cause a misundertstanding about the emergency situation, which may eventually affect state security, order or good morality of the people.”.

We could already see the helpers who shut down threads and soon they will shut down the whole Thaiger talk without to understand that is like shooting yourself or into the own legs. And this reminds me again to Erich Honecker! And we can see clearly already where many other news outlets standing and understanding the signs of the time and be not a part or helpers of them. Anyway this loosers really don't know that the truth always win because nobody can change the reality and facts. There some natural laws in the universe and earth and only clowns do not understand that. The truth will stay, them not, it is very simple. But shooting into the own legs seams to be a sport nowadays

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Stardust said:

We could already see the helpers who shut down threads and soon they will shut down the whole Thaiger talk without to understand that is like shooting yourself or into the own legs. And this reminds me again to Erich Honecker! And we can see clearly already where many other news outlets standing and understanding the signs of the time and be not a part or helpers of them. Anyway this loosers really don't know that the truth always win because nobody can change the reality and facts. There some natural laws in the universe and earth and only clowns do not understand that. The truth will stay, them not, it is very simple. But shooting into the own legs seams to be a sport nowadays

IMHO, Honecker and the whole Soviet block was a much easier game to play, back then. They simply never had the financial resources to keep going the way they did. Just look at Russia now, their economy is almost entirely based on natural resources (Oil and Gas and Kalashnikov) the only reason they are still at the table is because of their nuclear arsenal. 

Asia today is a different story. China has everything which the Soviets hadn't back then. Their influence in this region is an order of magnitude larger than Honecker or Gorbatchov ever had and constantly growing. You are saying: "The truth will stay, them not" . I agree :)  But when is the "them not" part prevail? Because I don't wanna waste years or decades from my life for this to happen. :)))

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BookShe said:

IMHO, Honecker and the whole Soviet block was a much easier game to play, back then. They simply never had the financial resources to keep going the way they did. Just look at Russia now, their economy is almost entirely based on natural resources (Oil and Gas and Kalashnikov) the only reason they are still at the table is because of their nuclear arsenal. 

Asia today is a different story. China has everything which the Soviets hadn't back then. Their influence in this region is an order of magnitude larger than Honecker or Gorbatchov ever had and constantly growing. You are saying: "The truth will stay, them not" . I agree :)  But when is the "them not" part prevail? Because I don't wanna waste years or decades from my life for this to happen. :)))

China has a huge problem with liquidity of usd and they tried to get more luiquidity after failing with the USA over Europe and failed again. Their own people not want to jave their money inside China and in Chinese money nor the big ecomies and markets outside of China. They fail like Russia failed because of them self. It is about trust and the world and people will always decide by themself whom they trust. There is a mass exodus to bring their money out of China to western countries on bank accounts or as a invest. And if you understand economy thats the beginning of the end for China and they try hard to stop that. Countries started already before Covid to bring out their supply chains of China and south China companies fleeing out, too a lot went to Vietnam. What they do is to invest now in construction in China sometimes ghost towns and low quality to build them cheap to keep the economy rolling and the gdp high. This is exactly why the soviet union later was bankrupt and shows dictatorships always collapse on themself. It is not about if only about when but it is already clear where their journey goes to and they already realizing that and become extremly nerveous because it will create a lot of conflicts. Economists knosing already the markets are going to other countries and out of China and about the value of Chinese money and the foolish numbers in their stock markets. As a example the biggest gold stock trader of China cheated with all his numbers as a investor prooved all the gold assets it was all fake gold bars. Thats the real China it is fake and everybody who worked their because his company sent him to chines customers experienced the level and standards in China compared to Europe and was shocked how low. Thats why China still is listed as a developping country. Not everything that shines is gold! 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Stardust said:

China has a huge problem with liquidity of usd and they tried to get more luiquidity after failing with the USA over Europe and failed again. Their own people not want to jave their money inside China and in Chinese money nor the big ecomies and markets outside of China. They fail like Russia failed because of them self. It is about trust and the world and people will always decide by themself whom they trust. There is a mass exodus to bring their money out of China to western countries on bank accounts or as a invest. And if you understand economy thats the beginning of the end for China and they try hard to stop that. Countries started already before Covid to bring out their supply chains of China and south China companies fleeing out, too a lot went to Vietnam. What they do is to invest now in construction in China sometimes ghost towns and low quality to build them cheap to keep the economy rolling and the gdp high. This is exactly why the soviet union later was bankrupt and shows dictatorships always collapse on themself. It is not about if only about when but it is already clear where their journey goes to and they already realizing that and become extremly nerveous because it will create a lot of conflicts. Economists knosing already the markets are going to other countries and out of China and about the value of Chinese money and the foolish numbers in their stock markets. As a example the biggest gold stock trader of China cheated with all his numbers as a investor prooved all the gold assets it was all fake gold bars. Thats the real China it is fake and everybody who worked their because his company sent him to chines customers experienced the level and standards in China compared to Europe and was shocked how low. Thats why China still is listed as a developping country. Not everything that shines is gold! 

I totally agree. I simplified my post because I didn't want to write an essay, but my question I still valid.

When is the "them not" part prevail? Because I don't wanna waste years or decades from my life for this to happen? 

Obviously, the CCP will fail, but the "when" part is important. The Soviet Union lasted for 69 years as a reminder. :))) 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BookShe said:

I totally agree. I simplified my post because I didn't want to write an essay, but my question I still valid.

When is the "them not" part prevail? Because I don't wanna waste years or decades from my life for this to happen? 

Obviously, the CCP will fail, but the "when" part is important. The Soviet Union lasted for 69 years as a reminder. :))) 

Haha yes you are right time is running for us humans is limited not for the history. Yesterday my phone was running hot because many planning or thinking of their exit and with family not an easy task and after many years and children born and grow up in Thailand. Also not an easy task with the property they have but all expect the time window is short already and thats what I can tell you. Sure they crashed Thailand already, so the question that have many is Tony comming to build up Thailand or who?

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Poolie said:

Its the CPC. Communist Party of China.

The Communist Party of China (CPC), commonly known as the Chinese Communist Party (CCP), is the founding and sole governing political party of the People's Republic of China

1 hour ago, Poolie said:

And you're completely safe for the next millenium.

So the pandAmic and God knows what else, is the problem of the next millenium? It's good to know, so I just go and buy a plane ticket from Samui to Bangkok, and while I'm there I throw a party and I invite everyone to join.

Edited by BookShe

9 minutes ago, BookShe said:

The Communist Party of China (CPC), commonly known as the Chinese Communist Party (CCP), is the founding and sole governing political party of the People's Republic of China

So the pandAmic and God knows what else, is the problem of the next millenium? It's good to know, so I just go and buy a plane ticket from Samui to Bangkok, and while I'm there I throw a party and I invite everyone to join.

Suit yourself.