Thailand News Today | worker camp woes, ‘fake news’ crackdown | July 30

Thaiger

An extension of the sealed construction worker camps problem in greater Bangkok is now looming in Phuket as the local provincial government closes down entry and exit from the ramshackle accommodation areas. Starting today, the Thai government has clamped down on media from spreading fake or distorted news that might cause fear pertaining to the Covid outbreak. Koh Samui’s re-opening plan, Samui Plus, may be cancelled if the Covid-19 situation worsens over the next 2 weeks.  

The post Thailand News Today | worker camp woes, ‘fake news’ crackdown | July 30 appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

No only is this country an economic colony of The Chinese Thai it is now modelling its state apparatus on the CCP. You onky have to look at the manner in which Hong Kong is being subjugated to see the ways in which the junta will be taking action. The virus has given them the opening they needed to clamp down on free speech and expect it to get worse as time gets closer to the "general election".

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Pompies said:

No only is this country an economic colony of The Chinese Thai it is now modelling its state apparatus on the CCP. You onky have to look at the manner in which Hong Kong is being subjugated to see the ways in which the junta will be taking action. The virus has given them the opening they needed to clamp down on free speech and expect it to get worse as time gets closer to the "general election".

Look on the bright side. At least the Chinese jail their billionaires, whereas here money buys you out of anything and allow you to go unheeded. So if they really were a Chinese colony then certain people would be on the first plane out, or should I say the first 1000 planes out given the numbers of those and their families.

35 minutes ago, Pompies said:

No only is this country an economic colony of The Chinese Thai it is now modelling its state apparatus on the CCP. You only have to look at the manner in which Hong Kong is being subjugated to see the ways in which the junta will be taking action. The virus has given them the opening they needed to clamp down on free speech and expect it to get worse as time gets closer to the "general election".

I've suspected as much as well. From my selfish perspective, all I worry about is if Walking Street/LK Metro and the such will rise from the ashes. I've personally stayed out of Thai politics for obvious reasons (remember that Aussie stooge who protested at the Victory Monument during the red shirt/yellow shirt battle?). I will become truly worried if sites like this one start getting Big Brother scrutiny.

Is there any news on when the list of countries eligible to enter the sandbox will be updated? At the moment it's only 66 countries. 

At the moment my only route is doing ASQ which I've done once and don't want to repeat if possible.