Fake dead bodies used in Phuket protest, police plan real investigation

Thaiger

Phuket police are investigating staged protest photos that depict bodies left on Phuket Town streets. The “bodies” are covered in white shrouds and covered in fake blood. The fake dead bodies are meant as a protest against the government’s handling of the Covid situation. Akkaradet Pongprom, from the Phuket City Police, says that a formal complaint about the photos was lodged by local resident, 41 year old Kittisak Siangsalak, this morning around 10 am. Last night, the photos were shared by the local political activist group “Phuket Free Youth” through their Facebook page. The post also contained the message, in […]

The post Fake dead bodies used in Phuket protest, police plan real investigation appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

10 minutes ago, Thaiger said:

Phuket police are investigating staged protest photos that depict bodies left on Phuket Town streets. The “bodies” are covered in white shrouds and covered in fake blood. The fake dead bodies are meant as a protest against the government’s handling of the Covid situation. Akkaradet Pongprom, from the Phuket City Police, says that a formal complaint about the photos was lodged by local resident, 41 year old Kittisak Siangsalak, this morning around 10 am. Last night, the photos were shared by the local political activist group “Phuket Free Youth” through their Facebook page. The post also contained the message, in […]

The post Fake dead bodies used in Phuket protest, police plan real investigation appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

But Thailand was renowned worldwide for fake goods by their millions. Now they have decided that fake news should not be reported and those fake bodies were a bit naughty also. Well I can't help thinking that all this fake stuff is being faked, - for fakes sake ?

This regime has no interest in the truth being shown, no interest in other opinions, criticism about their performance or anything that is not shining their knob.

Latest case in point is the "photo protest" in Phuket, in which fake bodies are shone with fake blood on a Phuket street, in protest of the regime's handling of the Covid disaster.

"Akkaradet Pongprom, from the Phuket City Police says the Facebook post/protest using mock dead bodies, garnered much attention and was widely shared, thus it, the staged protest, can result in a misunderstanding and damage Phuket’s image.

Therefore, the images can be interpreted as disseminated false information into a computer network. Further, that the post can be seen as affecting the stability of Thailand and could cause people to panic."

That last statement is an incredible leap in logic and indicates that freedom of expression is being shut down, without question, as it nearly mirrors the statement put out by the government regarding the publishing of "fake" news and stories critical of those in power.

• Like 2

Holy sheet could've been worse .. at least they weren't real dead corpses .. 

Edited by Dedinbed
Sp
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Dedinbed said:

Holy sheet could've been worse .. at least they weren't real dead corpses .. 

Takes one to know it huh? ?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Thaiger said:

The PR office says the post that used fake dead bodies to make a political statement has caused severe damage to the image of Phuket tourism.

'damage to the image of Phuket tourism'    Does that mean both the tourists were upset?

Oh dear!

The authorities are not going to like the look of this.

This image, and the real images of dead bodies on the streets of Bangkok last week, are not doing the image of the country anygood at all.

While I have some sympathy with the intended message of the protest, they have done themselves no favour, as and when the authorities find them.

1 minute ago, BookShe said:

Fake dead bodies, police plan real investigation.

Real dead bodies, police plan fake investigation.

The latter specific to "Boss" of the Red Bull family

3 minutes ago, gummy said:

The latter specific to "Boss" of the Red Bull family

And many more unsolved cases. :)

Just now, whitesnake said:

CHANOCHA must surely be, by now, the most hated man in Thailand? 

Don't think so

Having read this and the last couple of fake news decrees that were very quickly / instantly  closed to comments I was minded to go back, courtesy of Wikipedia, and refresh my memories of 'thoughtcrime' and 'ThinkPol' from 1984.

The similarities are shocking. This government is rapidly moving beyond comically inept (albeit always far from any laughing matter) to seriously sinister. No happy endings in store i fear.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Rob2010 said:

Having read this and the last couple of fake news decrees that were very quickly / instantly  closed to comments

Do you think anybody reads these comments up there other than a few dozen farangs down here who has nothing better to do? Besides, it's comforting to know that our boys at RTP are finally working on real criminals.

34 minutes ago, whitesnake said:

CHANOCHA must surely be, by now, the most hated man in Thailand? 

That would me Metisdead aka Charlie H. Chanocha is #2.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, HappyExpat said:

That would me Metisdead aka Charlie H. Chanocha is #2.

Thais don't know about this idiot admin Metisdead so how can they hate him?

I don't know, BookShe, but concede that it's probably very few. I don't see that that make forums any more a waste of time than, say, protests that are sparcely attended however.

It would actually be interesting to have an idea of the spread of article readership / forum commentors by nationality to understand a little more. The BP does attach a national flag to Id's and I am particularly interested  in  comments from Thai's themselves. 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Rob2010 said:

I don't know, BookShe, but concede that it's probably very few. I don't see that that make forums any more a waste of time than, say, protests that are sparcely attended however.

It would actually be interesting to have an idea of the spread of article readership / forum commentors by nationality to understand a little more. The BP does attach a national flag to Id's and I am particularly interested  in  comments from Thai's themselves. 

I was commenting on Bkkpost and on Thaivisa/Aseannow but I found this forum a lot more civilized and not heavily moderated like the others. It might change though after these new regulations from the Govt. Most of my posts are sarcastic and mockery but I still have to censor myself to be on the safe side. :) The only drawback here is the lack of interactions. Most people never reply to you, even if you quote their messages. :) 

National flag Id's might be good, but I usually select the first few countries from the pull down menu with a letter A. Mostly Afganistan. Professional: Rodeo Clown :)

Edited by BookShe
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, BookShe said:

There is a parallel universe where the tables are turned and metisdead is Apirat . He is therefore hated in both universes by both falang and Thai. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Cod Satrusayang states that this is “the move of a desperate government that has lost much of its legitimacy and all of its trust with the people that it has failed.” He continues:

This is Pxxxxx now, defeated but still defiant (or perhaps oblivious) to the truth. We should not expect any better because this was a government that seized power through a military coup. It is run by military men – incapable of any governance that relies on consent and not conscription. This latest move shows the Thai military is not one of strength but subjugation.

We, the media and the people, can and must resist this latest proclamation.

The decree, he says, is Orwellian. Sadly, it is far worse than that. A desperate regime appears willing to do everything it can to stay in power, trampling freedoms and again standing on the bodies of the innocent dead.

<deleted non-approved LINK>

• Like 3

14 hours ago, BookShe said:

serious meme we don't do that here.jpg

16 hours ago, MrStretch said:

This regime has no interest in the truth being shown, no interest in other opinions, criticism about their performance or anything that is not shining their knob.

Latest case in point is the "photo protest" in Phuket, in which fake bodies are shone with fake blood on a Phuket street, in protest of the regime's handling of the Covid disaster.

"Akkaradet Pongprom, from the Phuket City Police says the Facebook post/protest using mock dead bodies, garnered much attention and was widely shared, thus it, the staged protest, can result in a misunderstanding and damage Phuket’s image.

Therefore, the images can be interpreted as disseminated false information into a computer network. Further, that the post can be seen as affecting the stability of Thailand and could cause people to panic."

That last statement is an incredible leap in logic and indicates that freedom of expression is being shut down, without question, as it nearly mirrors the statement put out by the government regarding the publishing of "fake" news and stories critical of those in power.

That shows they transformed a beautiful country to a poor 3rd world dictatorship country. After all businesses will be destroyed what will be left? Ricefields? Drug trafficking?

8 hours ago, billybob said:

There is a parallel universe where the tables are turned and metisdead is Apirat . He is therefore hated in both universes by both falang and Thai. 

And they talk about reputation and even realize that theor reputation is done already long time ago. And everybody is surprised that they still think they can loose their face after they lost it long time ago and many times.