Sandbox

KenG

Travel isn’t always pretty. It isn’t always comfortable. Sometimes it hurts, it even breaks your heart. But that’s ok. The journey changes you; it should change you. It leaves marks on your memory, on your consciousness, on your heart, and on your body. You take something with you. Hopefully, you leave something good behind. - Anthony Bourdain.

What would Anthony’s take on the Sandbox be? His quote could well be describing just the journey to get to Phuket, and not the journey home.

• Like 1

Hey everyone, i want to spend my 16 days. honeymoon in phuket, my mariage date is on Aug. 21st. 

I live in Saudi Arabia, and my wife lives in Sudan. 

The issue is the Thailand embassy in both countries do not qualify yet for Sandbox program(despite both countries beeing in the yellow graded countries),  and we cant afford to waste days locked in Hotel, as the whole honeymoon is a 16 days.

Any ideas for my dream?? 

Look for a different destination.

Phuket is not the place to visit in August if you want to honeymoon  without restrictions.

• Like 2

You can dream, Dream big. But Thailand isn't the right place now as by a minimum you'll loose just 24 hours locked in the hotel awaiting your results.

I guess there are better and closer alternatives for this time.

I am fine with 24 hours, but the case for us is i have to stay 14 days locked in a hotel, as the countries where me & my wife reside are not eligible for phuket sandbox. 

Although all other terms are met

:-(

Edited by HoneymoonerAyman

19 minutes ago, HoneymoonerAyman said:

I am fine with 24 hours, but the case for us is i have to stay 14 days locked in a hotel, as the countries where me & my wife reside are not eligible for phuket sandbox. 

There's no guarantee as there can be somebody whom flies with you and is positive for whatever reason.

I would not advise this for Honeymoons in any shape or form. Maybe next year, Delay your honeymoon. I got married a year a go... my honeymoon is also still due but it's the other way around leaving and coming back to Thailand.

• Thanks 1