MOTORCYCLES PAST AND PRESENT

stuhan

Another 70's stroker but a rare one this , the Silk 700 ( 636cc actual capacity but they rounded it up ) in a 70's shade of purple .. cool bikes these .. 

IMG_20210821_125952.jpg

• Like 2
  • Cool 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/21/2021 at 7:02 PM, Dedinbed said:

Another 70's stroker but a rare one this , the Silk 700 ( 636cc actual capacity but they rounded it up ) in a 70's shade of purple .. cool bikes these .. 

IMG_20210821_125952.jpg

That is cool,love it

• Cool 1

• 8 months later...
On 8/2/2021 at 5:20 AM, Pongo said:

widowmaker"?, I always thought it was the H2 Kawasaki 750, my mate says it was the GS850 suzuki but we both also think it might have been the 350LC !

I’ve owned both the H2 750 and the RD250/350LCs. The Kwaka was the “widow maker” - great in a straight line but that was it. The 250LC with it’s combination of single disk front end & poor low RPM power (meaning you “had” to keep the revs up) was the “fiancé finisher” - shake hands with danger. The amount of times I lost the front end on that thing was simply ridiculous and absolutely never ever my fault 🤪 Ironically the 350LC with it’s twin disks, and a steering dampener fitted, was much “safer”. A mate had a GS850 shaft drive. It was a lump but not particularly life threatening. 

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Need some help, folks.  My Thai wife is looking at a 2011 Honda Scoopy 120cc.  Looks great 32,000 k and priced at 18000 baht.  That looks like a fair price, but I am not a biker and have no real idea...any ideas..

28 minutes ago, BainaiThai said:

Need some help, folks.  My Thai wife is looking at a 2011 Honda Scoopy 120cc.  Looks great 32,000 k and priced at 18000 baht.  That looks like a fair price, but I am not a biker and have no real idea...any ideas..

It is a 12 year old motorcycle and looks can be deceiving. Fresh paint or original? Private sale? First owner?  Ridden to the temple by an old lady on Sundays or punished by a teenager determined to break the land speed record? 

I ask her to check with one of her tuk tuk taxi driver friends.  He said don't touch it. Thanks again for your response