21 of yesterday’s Covid-related deaths died at home

Thaiger

The number of new infections in the most severe wave to hit Thailand since the start of the pandemic continues to rise. And of 165 Covid-related deaths reported yesterday, 21 of them died at home. The Bangkok Post reports that the highest number of infections is in the capital, with 3,963 new cases reported yesterday, followed by the neighbouring provinces of Samut Sakhon and Nakhon Pathom. Other provinces with high rates of infection include the eastern province of Chon Buri and the central provinces of Samut Prakan and Nonthaburi. The central province of Samut Sakhon has detected 4 new clusters […]

The post 21 of yesterday’s Covid-related deaths died at home appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Just hoping and praying that the forecasted end of the current inrush ends in 2-3 weeks, holding my breath for 4 weeks is pushing my limits.

• Haha 2

The Thai medical system is getting closer to breaking point, when people are dying at home. This is what happened in India and it was only those in position of power and wealth that got treatment in hospitals. The Thai system is more developed that India, and far less people, but this is another bad trend in numbers.

43 minutes ago, Graham said:

An absolute disgrace, the whole Thai government should be ashamed.

I agree they should be ashamed, but seeing as it's akin to losing face, that will never happen.

48 minutes ago, Graham said:

An absolute disgrace, the whole Thai government should be ashamed.

Yes, that'll help. Lets castigate the Government and people will stop dying.

Obviously.

Edited by Poolie
Addition

Just now, Poolie said:

Yes, that'll help. Lets castigate the Government and people will stop dying.

So you feel praising them is the solution ?

Dont put words in my mouth.

Saying anything is meaningless. If you want to do anything, make it practical. Dont stand there complaining.