Domestic travel to Phuket all but banned starting August 2

Thaiger

On 7/30/2021 at 5:01 AM, ExpatPattaya said:

Yes, the only control there is is being vaccinated.  Yet all tourists are vaccinated.  If locals were not vaccinated before the sandbox opened, that is a huge problem for them, but not the vaccinated tourists.

Flus/coronavirus symptoms can only be mitigated with a vaccine.  But like all other flus, swine and avian, there will still be high numbers of deaths each year as will be the case with covid from now on.

You never fully eradicate a virus, only mitigate/lessen the symptoms with a vaccine

Rubbish! It is the inoculations that are causing the breakthrough infections because the vaxxed idiots are shedding spike proteins and infecting everybody! Try and keep up with the FACTS.

• Like 4

On 7/30/2021 at 6:32 AM, Lowseasonlover said:

That was always my worry about locals travelling back to Phuket not having had their vaccines

It's the vaxxed ones that are causing the breakthrough infections.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

23 hours ago, PQBC said:

Smallpox, caused by the variola virus, was eradicated by a collaborative global vaccination programme led by the World Health Organization. The last known natural case was in Somalia in 1977

But smallpox was NOT a manufactured virus like "covid" and the vaccinations were not untested, experimental, gene therapy inoculations as are the current batch of poisons. You are comparing chalk and cheese, bro. And unlike the other later "viruses" like H1N1, tika virus, swine flu, HIV, etc., Fauci wasn't involved, pushing his poison barrow!

• Like 1

23 hours ago, BookShe said:

I don't know the real figures or percents, but! There are thousands of people who aren't classified as residents for example migrant workers. There are thousands of other people who refused to get the vaccines. Sinovac was used almost entirely for Phuket, and they moved the goalpost for AZ so Thailand is the only country where AZ is accepted in a single dose. So those vaccination numbers are questionable at best.

The WHOLE inoculation program is questionable and pointless. It is entirely for CONTROL!

6 minutes ago, Loongtip said:

Rubbish! It is the inoculations that are causing the breakthrough infections because the vaxxed idiots are shedding spike proteins and infecting everybody! Try and keep up with the FACTS.

It's the ",,,,inoculations that are causing the breakthrough infections,,,,". I agree with this.

The 'variants' and new 'infections' are the result of the jabs. I don't subscribe to the 'virus' in the first place, but I can't deny the toxicity of the jabs and their awful effects, both now, and in the future. And future generations; if indeed the vaxxed can produce offspring.

I think it's important to actually define 'cases' and 'infections'. The hysteria around C-19 has cause some, who should know better,  to confuse the two. Traditionally a 'case' was an infected person. Now it seems that a case is someone that is suspected of having a disease; interpreted mostly through the fraudulent PCR test.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Dragan said:

A wise man said: "Domestic tourists from the Thai dark red zones entered sandbox with one test and international tourists from low risk countries must have 4 PCR tests in 14 days". Karma is a bitch.

An even wiser man said that the RT-PCR test are, and always have been worthless as a test for a virus. Even the inventor stated that! 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, snapdragon said:

It's the ",,,,inoculations that are causing the breakthrough infections,,,,". I agree with this.

The 'variants' and new 'infections' are the result of the jabs. I don't subscribe to the 'virus' in the first place, but I can't deny the toxicity of the jabs and their awful effects, both now, and in the future. And future generations; if indeed the vaxxed can produce offspring.

I think it's important to actually define 'cases' and 'infections'. The hysteria around C-19 has cause some, who should know better,  to confuse the two. Traditionally a 'case' was an infected person. Now it seems that a case is someone that is suspected of having a disease; interpreted mostly through the fraudulent PCR test.

Precisely!! But the vaxxers will NEVER be able to understand that and will keep on with their irrational, primordial fear in the mistaken belief that the poisonous jabs are the answer! Deluded, much.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Loongtip said:

Precisely!! But the vaxxers will NEVER be able to understand that and will keep on with their irrational, primordial fear in the mistaken belief that the poisonous jabs are the answer! Deluded, much.

"poisonous jabs"....stop with your cr4p!

If you are scared of vaccines just don't have them........ but fook off with your self-righteous pontificating. 

• Like 5

"Approval at the discretion of checkpoint officers (perhaps a catchall for grey areas)"

Not "a catchall".

More like "a cash for all".

On 7/30/2021 at 10:09 AM, sputnik said:

A mess in a way...sandbox traveller start coming.,..all healthy and strong reglemented...Thais stripped of tourism jobs see the opportunity and travel there for jobs of any kind ( that in a, but smaller way, also fires up local economy  ) ...and these thais ( or are they burmese mostly covid infected just arrived through thailand green borders, very welcome because cheap ) are beeing less regulated ( no ASQ quarantaine for them ...etc ) bring in covid that could collapse the whole interesting idea of that sandbox ...well well all hangs on the tourist dollars...in this context it is interesting that Thailand’s Public Health Minister Anutin Charnvirakul called all farangs a stinking low class crowd...i guess in his heart he would like to round up and drive these  pigs into the sea  where theses low lifes  should wash themselves before they take step into his super clean country full of plastic trash and hazardously polluted air...such ideas may work as a real booster for thai tourism, i guess, or at least does not have any impact cause farangs dont know this important politician and never heard of his enlightened ideas and are unaware that thailand is one of the most enviromental destroyed and air polluted countrys in the world...except a few nice spots where all this million of visitors gather all at once to furthern their destruction...chok dee

Can we not let this lie now? If thats the only insulting thing thats been said  about you in the last 18 months, you're a saint and ergo should forgive anyway.

• Angry 1

I see around Rawai they have closed all the bars down again, Does that mean an alcohol ban in restaurants? 

Edited by Lowseasonlover

Question to more experienced fellow Thaigers: is it legally/technically possible to rent a car and leave Phuket with that?

What about the driving experience Phuket-BKK route? Dangerous or not. Guess traffic is not so high this time.

50 minutes ago, PaulOksy said:

Question to more experienced fellow Thaigers: is it legally/technically possible to rent a car and leave Phuket with that?

What about the driving experience Phuket-BKK route? Dangerous or not. Guess traffic is not so high this time.

It's a bit unclear whats allowed and whats not at the moment, Check with the hire companies you mean you only want to drive BKK and drop of there? local car rental places dont allow that, 

As for driving to BKK I've dont it loads of times when things were normal from Phuket to BKK you are going through lots of other provinces, we used to stop of at different places, one place we like is Bang Saphan Noi a resort right on the beach 300 baht a night.

Call the bigger car rental like Avis at the airport

• Thanks 1

I want to visit a friend in Isaan and come back in 10 days to take my flight to Europe on the 12th. So droping-off at other location is not an issue in my case. 

Normally they should let me enter as I have international flight booking, which is an exception.

Thanks for letting me know about Bang Saphan Noi accomodation. Should be open despite current situation, right?

1 hour ago, PaulOksy said:

I want to visit a friend in Isaan and come back in 10 days to take my flight to Europe on the 12th. So droping-off at other location is not an issue in my case. 

Normally they should let me enter as I have international flight booking, which is an exception.

Thanks for letting me know about Bang Saphan Noi accomodation. Should be open despite current situation, right?

I should think so it's quiet out that area

Edited by Lowseasonlover

On 7/31/2021 at 6:22 AM, Poolie said:

Can we not let this lie now? If thats the only insulting thing thats been said  about you in the last 18 months, you're a saint and ergo should forgive anyway.

unfortunately its not getting better.(regardless forgive, forget, head into the sand or any other BS )..that for delta useless heavy overpriced chinese sinovac junk is a cash cow for some high - so ,well connected u know....

the free pfitzer only given to these government workers ( not to the general  public ) that received sinovac before....

u are a first timer...?..sorry get sinovac before....u received astra after financial pressure from ur bosses..?. no pfitzer for u... better f...k urselfe

usa honestly wanted to help the thai people and the thai government make a mockery out of it

here china and chinese pay higher commissions to sell their useless trash expensive to government....

the kickbacks are enormous..

scarce puplic money shifted to certain pockets...

an incompetent corrupt leadership that gambles with the health of their folks...

meanwhile healthy go quarantaine...some well connected do as they please...and covid explodes....

where are the free home testing kits for every thai home ???? 20 tests a week cause big family's...so people can check themselves and take action if they belong to the healthy infected...

all the above will certainly help the tourist business on which about 30 percent of thai economy ( direct and indirect ) depends on....plus the health ministers remarks surely will bring wealth to the land of ( bitter ) smiles...

chok dee

8 minutes ago, sputnik said:

usa honestly wanted to help the thai people and the thai government make a mockery out of it

Sorry. I'm still speechless at that bit.

America hasnt done anything honest for decades.

On 7/31/2021 at 10:05 AM, Loongtip said:

It's the vaxxed ones that are causing the breakthrough infections.

Moderators where are you?    I thought "fake news" was outlawed in the Kingdom

This guy has posted numerous false comments based on his tin foil hat conspiracy theories .  

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, ExpatPattaya said:

This guy has posted numerous false comments based on his tin foil hat conspiracy theories .  

We are comfortable that our recently modified Forum rules and guidelines meet the requirements of "Fake News" under current Thai Government guidelines. These are the basis we use for moderation of posts.

Yes, there is a fine line between opinion and perception of news. So at times this requires verification of a post against sources of fake news.

As an example, the highlighted quote in your post is not “Fake News” in itself. The CDC clearly defines “breakthrough infections” as ones from vaccinated people. Hence the above statement is factually correct.

https://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/covid-19/health-departments/breakthrough-cases.html

We encourage all members to ensure their opinions meet Forum Rules and Guidelines to allow them as much freedom to express an opinion as we can.

We also suggest members use the report option if they wish to raise an objection directly to the Moderators. The Moderators are in an out of many topics reviewing posts and may not simply see your concern if stated in a post. 

Thanks

• Like 1

On 8/1/2021 at 8:24 AM, Lowseasonlover said:

I see around Rawai they have closed all the bars down again, Does that mean an alcohol ban in restaurants? 

Yes.

• Like 1

On 8/1/2021 at 11:57 AM, PaulOksy said:

Phangna is technically closed now.

I left yesterday morning from Phuket on a private minibus at 5:30 arrived in BKK in around 6pm

Can pass on the details, or you can check the posts in the Phuket facebook groups.  Minibuses are still running, although not sure for how much longer.

Between 2500-3000baht for the trip, depending who you go with.  Probably cheaper if you can get one and share with other friends.

Didn't see any police presence on the roads yet, only time we had to stop for any paperwork was leaving Phuket on the bridge.   Driver did all the paperwork, we stayed in the car.

I looked at renting a car, and did rent one but the rental place cancelled on me, as did 3 airlines, so private minibus taxi it was..

Edited by shanghailoz
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, ExpatPattaya said:

In England 82864 delta cases among the vaccinated and 121 042 among the unvaccinated. Majority of deaths were two shot takers between Feb 1st and July 19th. Page 18 and 19. Luckily, the delta variant is much tamer virus than alpha.

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/1005517/Technical_Briefing_19.pdf

Edited by JackIsAGoodBoy
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ExpatPattaya said:

As a recent joiner having come over from the 'other Forum', it might come as a shock to you that the ThaiGerTalk Forum moderators do not immediately remove and ban posts that are challenging the common narrative. 

Brandishing a post as written by 'a tin foil hat conspiracy theory' adept did work well on the 'other Forum' to get posts removed (irrespective their content, even posts citing official sources were removed if they were not to the liking of the mods).  But luckily the moderators on this Forum are much more reasonable and not-biassed.  This also if they personally do not agree with what you have written, and even post their own views on it.  One can only applaud such an approach, especially since I do agree that it is a difficult balancing exercise to comply with the Thai government 'fake news' censorship Sword of Damocles for all media.  Long live free speech on this Forum!

14 minutes ago, JackIsAGoodBoy said:

In England 82864 delta cases among the vaccinated and 121 042 among the unvaccinated. Majority of deaths were two shot takers between Feb 1st and July 19th. Page 18 and 19. Luckily, the delta variant is much tamer virus than alpha.

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/1005517/Technical_Briefing_19.pdf

Perhaps I have more official, credible and accurate access to Gov.UK than you do.